Only in Brooker

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Instead of boring you in the chat where you have no choice but to see my stories or ramblings I will post it here. After taking down all my Xmas stuff I had lots of weeds and leaves to grind up so I went to get a little gas at the local Circle K (used to be the Kangaroo) in my (what is now probably) illegal small gas can. The pumps were all crowded by cars so I parked and started walking over with my gas (plastic) can, A guy pulls the pump out of the car and says "you need some gas, pumps still on." I guess my little can impressed him. Sure I said. So 68 cents later I had all the gas I needed for today and not again till probably april or may. Story #2. I had a piece of mail in my mail box weeks ago with my # but wrong street. So I took it to the PO lady and told her. Soon after it shows up in my mail box again. So I take it to her again and she says she will now return it to sender. Today I go to that mailbox and there the damned thing is again. I have a PO box and this mailbox btw. SOOOOO I put it into an enevelope with that return address and a note stating much of the same I wrote here. SMH.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
So the boy and I head to St Augustine about 7am tyesterday Meet my friends at their time share on the beach. They like this place
Little Margie's FA Café for breakfast . Its right across from the new Embassy Suites. I gotta say its damned good. I had the Crab Cake Eggs Benedict.
NEW-Eggstraordinary-Eggs-Benedict-1.png
Kevin had the pancakes and sausage. Mine even had some spinach. It was a first for me. Afterward we took my friend to St George Street for a walk. He had to go in a wheelchair now because of collapsed ventricle in his head from the stroke. His shunt was working too well so now he needs a procedure to adjust it. A month ago he and I walked the whole way but now he is slowed way down. Kevin and I had a great day on the beach , in the real nice heated pool and his first time in a hot tub. Then we drove to Matanzas inlet and fished awhile. Good dad and son day....

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I just gotta birthday wish from a former student. Skinny butt country boy that joined the marines outa HS. Seems to be doing good. Got a pretty gal now. His mom passed away while in the Marines so he struggled. He was one of my best kids and loved to run so I encouraged that. I just saw a message he sent me while back. Remember this kid was an ESE kid. Special ed to some of you.
Alright take it easy and tell all them kids in Hampton it isn’t where you come from that can keep you from where you wana go.
I guess he learned that one from the Marines. He has done well. He sent me letters from boot camp.

Last edited:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
BTW, that Community Center has some strict rules:

Rules:
** No Smoking Allowed in the Building!
** Absolutely NO Alcoholic Beverages on Premises!
** No Pets Allowed inside of Building!
* Do not use tape, glue, nails, etc. on the walls, ceiling or doorways. If you plan on decorating the building and would like to do so the day before, you will have to rent the building for both days. Otherwise, you can only enter the building on the day that you rent.
* If using building for a dance, no shoes allowed on the floor.
* Do not drag chairs or tables across the floor or stand on them. Table & Chairs are not to be taken or used outside.
** Put tables & chairs back in the racks in locked building.
Round Tables - 8 per rack. Chairs - 84 on double rack & 48 on single rack.
Racks are not to be removed from storage building.
(22 Round Tables & 8 long tables)
** Leave all rooms clean and use dust broom on floors. (Brooms/mops located in closet)
** Remove all trash & debris from inside and out, including restrooms. YOU ARE TO HAUL OFF THE TRASH FROM THESE PREMISES.
** Wipe counter tops off in kitchen.
* Turn off all lights except designated ones & lock all doors.
* Do not leave any items in the Refrigerator or Freezer.
* Key must be returned to City Hall before deposit will be refunded.
* Failure to adhere to any or all of these rules may result in the loss of the deposit.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Now that you mention it, about 2/3 of the reprobates here would not be allowed in that fine facility.
Brooker story today is I did 9 miles on the stairbasterd and 200 curls ups and 4 sets of curls and benches. Just to say I can do it at 64.
About an hour ago the dog starts barking and the a knock on the door. Its Ronnie the only boy child in a house full of girls.
His Christmas basketball needed air so we went to the garage and made it dribble again. Ronnie's mom broke into my truck about 4 yrs ago to steal drugs. She found an ibuprofen bottle with 4 of them in it. When she got out of jail she had gained weight and seemed clean. Then 5 months later disappeared to Gville. Aint seen her since. Sad all around but grandparents and dad do a pretty good job with all of them kids.
Grandfather (actually step Grand) is a HUGE gator fan and we discuss it when ever we cross paths.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Sunday morning. So let us pause on this glorious January morning and back away from the "your side did and said this" with the expected reply of ' Yeah, but your side does this" to focus on more important matters at hand. The coffee is hot, the toast is buttered and THEN you read the side of the Polaner All Fruit Seedless Raspberry jar. Ingredients. Juice from PEAR, GRAPES, PINEAPPLES and FINALLY raspberries. I guess it is back to Smuckers for me. Or even the Publix brand of raspberry morning bliss on toast. Read the label on any flavor Juicy Juice one day. I hope apple juice is your favorite.

And a restaurant review from last night. We go to Francesca's Trattoria to celebrate (actually to empty the gift card) my 64th year with my brother/SIL and my wife. The waiter, realizing what his night might become early on, mentions to my family they may want to take this disagreement to the parking lot before the other patrons begin to get nervous. It was just a normal night for us. But I digress. My brother and his wife Gail are parents of the chef there. But he is off that night. Prices are high but the food has always been good (my other 3 times there) I order a salad (like I LOVE at Piesanos just down the road) some crab cakes and and some Italian bean soup. The others more traditional stuff. Oh yeah, the $30 bottle of Sangria ( I was hoping for a pitcher of fruited up sangria). Crab is good. Soup is good. Salad is just a lot of romaine and cranberries and a few walnuts. The vinaigrette was hiding somewhere. Mike (my brother the food expert , honestly) said his lasagna was soupy , the wife's shrimp was not fresh and cooked to long. My wifes stuffed ravioli was cheesed up beyond Wisconsin standards and the cannoli (after being promised cheese cake) was bleah. The sangria was not as good as you can get at the Worthington Springs Dollar General for less than $7. I guess i was paying for the decent piano player in the corner. But we had fun with the insults and family talk and lies. I probably won't go back again. My nephew the chef has MS and now struggles to keep up the pace of this job, He is looking to find something less stressful. He has actually been highlighted on TV20 news cooking with Paige Beck for her local restaurant segment,

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Can I get back those two minutes of my life?

Good lord, you actually watched the whole thing? It was just meant to give you the flavor of what you might hear if you drove through Brooker with your windows down.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good lord, you actually watched the whole thing? It was just meant to give you the flavor of what you might hear if you drove through Brooker with your windows down.

Yeah. I don’t know why I did.

I should be able to facepalm or mark my own posts as drunk.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I watched it all. I kept waiting for the chorus or the climax. FWIW I haven't heard any musicians in Brooker. I keep music on in my garage though. 60s and 70s stuff when I can find it on the radio. But I keep seeing rat stories in the cover thread so here is mine.

Back in the day (college) I lived with this Syrian guy who was taking graduate classes in engineering till he could get a green card, job or both. We lived off on 4th ave about 3 blocks east of Krispy Kreme. For gvillians from that era, right behind the Red Two Spot on 5th ave. We soon came to realize we had rats in our small kitchen. I forget how. So we set a trap by the hot water heater and began watching TV. Soon after we hear WHAAP! In the kitchen we find a little four legged creature who has gone on to his maker or wherever vermin go. So we repeat the process and watch TV some more. Another WHAPP and there is his cousin in the same state of demise. I swear we do this about 3 more times. 5 dead mice/rats. So we bait it one more time. I wake up the next morning and the trap is GONE with a blood trail going under the water heater. Im thinking, this must be a bad azzz rat. I get a coathanger and fish under the water heater and finally drag out a rat about twice the size of the other ones. Remind me to tell you about pizza breakfast sometime in the same apt.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Had a lot of rats in my garage until I started finding snake skins... never could find the darn snake. Decided to it was time to get a cat. Dogs to keep the coyotes from eating the cat, cats to eat the rats in order to keep a snake from scaring me to my grave. Ah the circle of life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.