Open Letter: A Message To Gator Nation

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Looks good to me guys and gals. I think he gets it. What I don't get is all the bitterness and acrimony. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this bunch of hooligans. While you guys are chugging the Maalox I am going to chill out and wait to see what happens. I am pulling for the new coach to succeed.
Somebody went to Ox's summer camp this year.

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Thank you for your service, sir. It is certainly true that the forward pass is overrated. With Coach Napier leading the way, victory is assured.

Well, he is our coach now and I like him so I am going to pull for him to win. If he proves he can't win I will support his departure. What I am not going to do is throw a tantrum and get all lathered up about it before the kickoff of the first game. That is a needless waste of time and energy.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Fellas, all the stuff about "making players into men" and the academic stuff in the letter is purely for the parents of future recruits to lap up. They know the influence momma can have. She's the only one that cares about the education part.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Well, he is our coach now and I like him so I am going to pull for him to win. If he proves he can't win I will support his departure. What I am not going to do is throw a tantrum and get all lathered up about it before the kickoff of the first game. That is a needless waste of time and energy.
The ol' trust but verify, eh? I leap blindly into the glorious future of Florida Football, a rising juggernaut. A sleeping giant that will awaken under the direction of CBN.

Did you see that video of AR-15 at a QB summer camp, chucking the rock 70 yards like he was Mahomes? We gonna make some waves THIS year. I'm a believer. Thanks Ox!

Bullag8r

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Fellas, all the stuff about "making players into men" and the academic stuff in the letter is purely for the parents of future recruits to lap up. They know the influence momma can have. She's the only one that cares about the education part.

I agree that the intended audience is Momma but I also know that there are coaches who actually care about their players beyond football.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
No one can pass accurate judgment on when what will jolt a young man into turning onto the better path.
The Nap organization being authentic & sincere will serve those passing through for the best.
I am "all aboard" with Coach Nap's style & responses to challenges. Right now his W-L record is dependent on not yet playing a single Gator game.

The places where Nap's spirit will most show up are places everyone overlooks = among the ordinary so-so Gator players ... those young men whose motor most likely fires on the fuel Nap pumps. That's where all CFB upsets come from.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Mission #1 should be to win football games, all the other BS about preparing them for life is just that, BS. Preparing for life should have been an ongoing thing in their lives from the time they were old enough to use the bathroom by themselves. If they're not mostly prepared for life by the time they enter college that's on the people who raised them and the teachers they've had since the first grade.
Nothing could be further from the truth. Some of the players that we had at UF when I was there I was sure would end up in jail after football was over and in fact the opposite has turned out to be true in many cases. And I believe it was due to the mentorship and life lessons they learned at UF. They didn't come from a home or family life that taught them that from the time they were old enough to use the bathroom unfortunately and if that the football athlete you're looking for prepare to be out of the top 50 every year in recruiting. Get real dude, you have to recruit Mom as well and that's what they want to hear.

g8tr76

Lifetime Member
Mar 28, 2016
Perfect thread for my 1000 post! It works out to an imposing 3 post per week and what better way to use it than to say that I like the discipline Nape is bringing back. It has been lost since Spurrier took a powder. Young men need the direction. Unfortunately, with the $$$ these 17-18-year-old kids are getting from NIL, it does not seem to breed success. I can only hope that these kids are responsible enough to handle their newfound fame!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
When I saw who started this thread I was worried that the OP had a few too many "epiphany's" again and was sending out a letter to Gator fans everywhere.....Good to see I was wrong and he was sober this time......BTW @NVGator what the hell do you put in your Epiphay's anyway, 180 proof ?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We are also not paying 6M to bring in a coach who recruits sociopaths either who happen to run a blistering 40. I guess we will find out it appears most here don't care how they act off the field, so be it. Like I said let's just make going to class and being a decent respectful student/ athlete optional. Then we can be Thug U North or Free Shoe U South. Sign em up.
There's enough strawmen in this one to start a nation wide forest fire. Impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.