Game Thread Orange & Blue Game

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I heard a mistake on 247/7’s latest podcast that I’ll clarify here.

BN said they evaluated 24 QBs. They signed Mertz based on positive evaluations and references from his old coach. He never said Mertz was the best or first choice of that group of 24.

I hope he or Miller or Brown succeed. The list of current QB transfers who would compete for a starting role, let alone be an obvious leader, is pretty slim. Not impossible, but…

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That analyst doesn't know squat! One season and BN has AR15 positioned at the top of the draft board. Miracle worker I say. :lol3:
I'm not sure who exactly that analyst is. From the video I think he must be someone that mostly covers Texas and I don't necessarily agree with his analysis. Yes we lost some bodies on the OL, but we made some nice additions too. We also signed some good young talent at WR and that is a position that you can often get production out of freshmen.

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
I'm not sure who exactly that analyst is. From the video I think he must be someone that mostly covers Texas and I don't necessarily agree with his analysis. Yes we lost some bodies on the OL, but we made some nice additions too. We also signed some good young talent at WR and that is a position that you can often get production out of freshmen.

Could be Billy Napier’s all-time average passing offense finish of 75th nationally :shrug:. Only 1 top 50 and 6 70+. But I could be wrong. Maybe it’s what some NFL Scouts told Matt Hayes was an archaic system. Could be lack of quick passes, and man and zone coverage beating routes. Or, maybe all those critiques are wrong.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Could be Billy Napier’s all-time average passing offense finish of 75th nationally :shrug:. Only 1 top 50 and 6 70+. But I could be wrong. Maybe it’s what some NFL Scouts told Matt Hayes was an archaic system. Could be lack of quick passes, and man and zone coverage beating routes. Or, maybe all those critiques are wrong.
You mean like when you call a hail mary, you run orbit motion with the WR in the backfield, who then goes horizontal to the far sideline and just stands there as the check down? Do not really need a check down with Zeros on the clock and tossing a hail mary.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Man, you hate Billy more than Chimp, Butters, and Mullen combined.

We have not one but TWO 5-star QB's currently committed. Obviously they disagree with this nonsense.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Disagree!!! He put two passes right on the money right beside the water cooler!!

3e861fe6-94db-4cfc-9ef1-30999089a8bf_text.gif

GatorTruth133

Alethea
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2017
Man, you hate Billy more than Chimp, Butters, and Mullen combined.

We have not one but TWO 5-star QB's currently committed. Obviously they disagree with this nonsense.

I don’t, I just don’t like his passing game. I’ve praised Billy on many things. Recognizing facts isn’t hating.

Saying running 2 receiver routes against 4-5 DB’s isn’t great numbers isn’t hating.

Saying there are very few coverage beaters isn’t hating.

Saying that having very few quick routes to beat the blitz is not good isn’t hating.

I’m glad we have some 5 star QB’s, but I don’t think it’ll make much difference in this current passing scheme because of those issues. Let’s talk plays and schematics and not just throw some straw man fallacy about hate because I cite facts.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I don’t, I just don’t like his passing game. I’ve praised Billy on many things. Recognizing facts isn’t hating.

Saying running 2 receiver routes against 4-5 DB’s isn’t great numbers isn’t hating.

Saying that having very few quick routes to beat the blitz is not good isn’t hating.

I’m glad we have some 5 star QB’s, but I don’t think it’ll make much difference in this current passing scheme because of those issues. Let’s talk plays and schematics and not just throw some straw man fallacy about hate because I cite facts.
:raysgirl:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

394.jpg

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I too listen to GNFB

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator