Game Thread Orange & Blue Game

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Just got an email that it’s on Thursday again, April 13. Why are we insisting on this? Completely kills a great tradition of playing a game on a beautiful spring Saturday. This may be my biggest issue so far simply because it makes no sense and impacts the fans.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm trying to understand the reasoning for not having it on a Saturday

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thursday is the new woke Saturday...

maybe the staff figured that playing on a Thursday would be a good fit with a season schedule of noon starts on SEC Alternate ...

Last edited:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
It's probably a tv thing: ESPN can't guarantee a spot for us on Saturdays in April over Bama, georgia, LSU, Clemson, and whomever else that'll deliver ratings and is projected to have a good season next year.

Two straight 6-6 seasons is why we're here, unfortunately.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's probably a tv thing: ESPN can't guarantee a spot for us on Saturdays in April over Bama, georgia, LSU, Clemson, and whomever else that'll deliver ratings and is projected to have a good season next year.

Two straight 6-6 seasons is why we're here, unfortunately.
ESPN has like 50 channels though :lol:
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, SECN, SECN+, ACCN, ACCN+, The Ocho, any other conference that has their own stations and unlimited ESPN+ stations

I don't buy the can't guarantee a spot line.

And here's the current slate of spring games:

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNews, ESPNU, SECN, SECN+, ACCN, ACCN+, The Ocho, any other conference that has their own stations and unlimited ESPN+ stations

lol... let's see if they put it on the ACCN

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I actually loved Friday night. Totally worked, get off work a little early and head out, maybe stay the night in Gainesville or ocala but Thursday makes it impossible for anyone who doesn’t live in a 50 mile radius

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

Right, but when it gets to having it on the "main" channels of ESPN & ESPN2 that have national distribution, the number of available slots starts going down a bit.

Florida as a program wants the biggest audience & exposure available (for obvious reasons); but a Saturday afternoon or evening spot might not have been available between all the other sports ESPN is contractually obligated to televise.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Isn't the Utah game on a Thursday as well? Stricklin does nothing in the fans best interest. Didn't Mac start this crap with taking the Spring Game off Saturday?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I may have gone if it was on a Saturday early afternoon.

Admin could give a crap about working families.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I may have gone if it was on a Saturday early afternoon.

Admin could give a crap about working families.

Really feel like this is Napier, not the admin. I kind of understood last year to kind of grab some attention with a new staff that wanted the spotlight. But there are no signs that it accomplished anything, and it made it difficult for many fans that had always looked forward to that little weekend of football in spring. Doing it again makes no sense.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Really feel like this is Napier, not the admin. I kind of understood last year to kind of grab some attention with a new staff that wanted the spotlight. But there are no signs that it accomplished anything, and it made it difficult for many fans that had always looked forward to that little weekend of football in spring. Doing it again makes no sense.
hire a prostitute, dumper.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yet another example of how far the program has fallen.
We’re clearly in the second tier in the SEC at this point.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
anchor man GIF

Alex.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Admin is my codeword for BN.

Trying to keep "you know who" from having a meltdown.

Sad James Corden GIF by CBS

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
While I do not like it on Thursday, the University has more students in attendance for Thursday events than they do for Saturday. Overall attendance will be down as less traveling/working fans will choose to attend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.