Orlando Apollos beat San Antonio Commanders

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Didn't sound like he was Trolling "Rocky Top" to me. Said it was just as loud as Rocky Top. :dunno:

The attendance was 29,176 in the Alamodome, a 72,000 seat stadium. So Spurrier is saying that it was about as loud as the Vols 100k+ seat stadium, but not as loud as the Swamp.

Sounds like trolling the Vols to me. :)

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Some observations:
1. The Apollos need to find a stouter defensive line
2. Find a balance between running and throwing (D'Ernest Johnson is a pretty good runner)
3. Work on the shorter/mid-distnce routes.
If you want to LOL, imagine this advice being given to a McIlwain team, especially"work on the shorter/ mid-distance routes".

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The attendance was 29,176 in the Alamodome, a 72,000 seat stadium. So Spurrier is saying that it was about as loud as the Vols 100k+ seat stadium, but not as loud as the Swamp.

Sounds like trolling the Vols to me. :)
ok, I get it now.....

AnObfuscator

Lifetime Member
Nov 20, 2017
I attended yesterday with my wife! Tickets were cheap and we live nearby, so it felt like a no-brainer to see SOS coach in person. We decked ourselves out in Florida gear, but we weren't alone... there were a TON of Florida fans there.

All in all, I thought it was a great experience. The last time I saw Spurrier coach in person was 2010 in the Swamp, and he kicked our asses. So this was definitely more fun. The faster pace of the game is actually nice, and despite the rules changes it still feels like proper football (unlike that gimmicky Arena crap). And it was great to see football in a normally football-starved part of the year.

I'll probably be back for a couple more games this AAF season, and I really hope the league succeeds. They are a fun diversion in the real football off season.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I attended yesterday with my wife! Tickets were cheap and we live nearby, so it felt like a no-brainer to see SOS coach in person. We decked ourselves out in Florida gear, but we weren't alone... there were a TON of Florida fans there.

All in all, I thought it was a great experience. The last time I saw Spurrier coach in person was 2010 in the Swamp, and he kicked our asses. So this was definitely more fun. The faster pace of the game is actually nice, and despite the rules changes it still feels like proper football (unlike that gimmicky Arena crap). And it was great to see football in a normally football-starved part of the year.

I'll probably be back for a couple more games this AAF season, and I really hope the league succeeds. They are a fun diversion in the real football off season.

Nice. I enjoyed watching and it was great to see Spurrier on the sideline (although he looks a little beat up - apparently he's recovering from back surgery? maybe?). I'll be in San Antonio in two weeks. I checked their schedule but they have an away game. If I lived in the Orlando area I'd definitely attend. Hopefully the XFL doesn't ruin this league - and then both leagues fail. I love seeing off-season football that's actually entertaining!

leogator

May 5, 2018
I thought the quality of play was pretty good for the first couple of weeks. It is to be expected, given that most of these guys played in the league. I think the fans will come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator