OSU drilling Wisconsin

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n127114 said:
I remember people saying in 2006 how impossible it was that we might jump Michigan and Georgia after the SECCG and get into the BCSCG.

I remember Mr. SEC was butthurt the most.

The dogs were 8-4 that season. No doubt he was bitter about something, but that wasn't the case in 2006.

Maybe you're thinking of 2007 when Lsu surged. Yes, but there were losses in front of them by Pitt and someone else that opened the door. Not the same as jumping teams in front of you that won just as convincingly. Again TCU would have to drop 2 spots with a 50 point win. That's insane.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Urban M. is coaching the sh#t out of those osu boys. Hate him despise him or ignore him but the mofo can run a program. If you dont believe it look in OUR trophy case. As for his "character" issues ask TT what he thinks. He walks on water for many gator fans.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They probably let them in due to the Big12 situation with TCU and Baylor. TCU was only 3 because of wanting to get FSU to play in New Orleans I think.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n127105 said:
No shot. A team wins by 50 and drops 2 spots? Not happening. When they moved TCU to 3, they basically killed Osu, barring an fsu upset.

Told you

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n127149 said:
Maybe you're thinking of 2007 when Lsu surged. Yes, but there were losses in front of them by Pitt and someone else that opened the door. Not the same as jumping teams in front of you that won just as convincingly. Again TCU would have to drop 2 spots with a 50 point win. That's insane.
Yeah, it was LSU. But LSU won the SECCG and jumped them. No different IMO. Or no different than taking an extra bye week and playing a chump instead of playing a championship game.

It's a joke that TCU is ranked ahead of the Baylor team that beat them.

In the end, not winning that extra game, not winning a conference CG and sharing the "crown" is what killed them.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
MatthewM.;n127421 said:

You did. Good call.

I think they ultimately got it right. I just think it's crazy to move TCU up to 3, only to drop them to 6 less than a week later on the heels of a 52 point win. Wish the buckeyes were playing fsu first.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;127660 said:
You did. Good call.

I think they ultimately got it right. I just think it's crazy to move TCU up to 3, only to drop them to 6 less than a week later on the heels of a 52 point win. Wish the buckeyes were playing fsu first.

They got it right but it's ludicrous that they dropped them 3 spots after a 50 point blowout. Maybe not have them at 3 to start with.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The Big 12 caused their own issue by not having a definitive champion. If one of their teams were considered the champion instead of two co-champions of the conference, one of the teams might have had a better shots. But with this being co-champions and the committee saying there is a premium on conference champions, it made it easier for the committee to move Baylor and TCU down and OSU up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.