OT: Oklahoma football player bar fight

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My understanding is that the MMA guys were legally required to register their hands as deadly weapons and failure to do so automatically adds 10 years to their sentences.
Close. My cousin Steve is a five-time world champion kick boxer who won all his titles in the 1970s and 1980s. About 20 years after his last title fight, he was in line at the dog track in West Palm and a guy started some sh!t with him. After a verbal exchange the guy took a swing at him, missed badly and my cousin literally ripped open his face from his eyebrow to his chin with a counter that knocked him out cold. My cousin shouted for a 911 call, waited for the ambulance and police to arrive made his statement to the police, which was collaborated by witnesses, and subsequently got arraigned on charges that had him facing 10-years in prison. The legal standard, as he found out when charges were filed by the prosecutor, is that a five-time world champion should know the kind of damage he can do with his fists, and should exercise due care in avoiding and diffusing a conflict. He was lucky. He got off with restitution, (a large amount as I recall), and probation.

All that being said, if you are that OU player and you go around looking like Ben Affleck with a stupid smirk on your face and a sh!tload of false bravado, you should have a reasonable expectation of getting your ass-kicked. There were 30 guys in the bar that night who wanted to take a swing at that douchebag. All of them envy the guy who eventually did.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
My understanding is that the MMA guys were legally required to register their hands as deadly weapons and failure to do so automatically adds 10 years to their sentences.

Oh no? How is he gonna survive in a cage?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I've never lost a fight!

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Unless you are some sort of invincible God, you’ve lost a fight.
Anyone that’s been in a fist fight , a street fight, will eventually get their ass kicked.

Ive lost a few and won a few more.
For me, I have a wrestling background so, ground and pound is always my goal.

In the video, that was textbook ground and pound. Loved it.

Also, Given how Oklahoma literally just Nebraska’d us, I don’t understand the shots at their program.
:D

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Verbal threats generally don’t meet the test, however, his buddy shoved one of the two MMA guys. That’s a form of battery and in combination with heated words from his buddy, who appears pissed off over something the MMA guys did, it could be interpreted as assault that led to the initial MMA reaction. All you have to do is appear ready to inflict physical harm to be charged. I’d say they met that test.

The MMA guys continued to pound ass long after taking down the two Sooners. That’s battery. The one player on his back was flailing his arm in a lame attempt to land a punch. :lol:

All four are looking at some kind of legal repercussions, but the MMA guys are probably looking at serious jail time. The judge will say those dudes are lethal based on their experience. And the two football players will come out of it looking weak and ill prepared, sort of like Oklahoma football.

Not saying if it met the standard, just saying it is the standard. Just the difference, J was referencing the standard for battery and not assault when discussing assaut.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When I was eight, a guy in my neighborhood who had bullied me for years, shoved me. I finally had had enough, saw red, took one swing, got lucky and knocked him out for just a moment. He didn't bug me again. That was my first and last fight.

Should I turn myself in?

giphy.gif

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm worried. Can't get my friend to answer his phone. Last night, he went to an Irish strip club where lap-dances are the RiverDance.?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not saying if it met the standard, just saying it is the standard. Just the difference, J was referencing the standard for battery and not assault when discussing assaut.
Neither of you should attempt to talk law.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Close. My cousin Steve is a five-time world champion kick boxer who won all his titles in the 1970s and 1980s. About 20 years after his last title fight, he was in line at the dog track in West Palm and a guy started some sh!t with him. After a verbal exchange the guy took a swing at him, missed badly and my cousin literally ripped open his face from his eyebrow to his chin with a counter that knocked him out cold. My cousin shouted for a 911 call, waited for the ambulance and police to arrive made his statement to the police, which was collaborated by witnesses, and subsequently got arraigned on charges that had him facing 10-years in prison. The legal standard, as he found out when charges were filed by the prosecutor, is that a five-time world champion should know the kind of damage he can do with his fists, and should exercise due care in avoiding and diffusing a conflict. He was lucky. He got off with restitution, (a large amount as I recall), and probation.

All that being said, if you are that OU player and you go around looking like Ben Affleck with a stupid smirk on your face and a sh!tload of false bravado, you should have a reasonable expectation of getting your ass-kicked. There were 30 guys in the bar that night who wanted to take a swing at that douchebag. All of them envy the guy who eventually did.

Oh yeah, your cousin is Steve Shepherd, the mid 60s guy who beat up the dude that tried to mug him in WPB s few years ago, right? I remember you posted the story on here. That made the news around the world. That was a great friggin story.

BTW, did they ever catch the perp in that case?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
By midnight in a college bar my gas was lethal from the rank draft beer they always served....not only could I have taken everyone in that bathroom out by a slight lift of my leg I could also have peeled the paint right off the wall...One of my favorite pass times was crop dusting the dance floor and then watching the expression on watery eyed people as I stood there and laughed back at the bar....ah the good old days

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
By midnight in a college bar my gas was lethal from the rank draft beer they always served....not only could I have taken everyone in that bathroom out by a slight lift of my leg I could also have peeled the paint right off the wall...One of my favorite pass times was crop dusting the dance floor and then watching the expression on watery eyed people as I stood there and laughed back at the bar....ah the good old days

Sonofabitch! That was you! You dirty rat bastard, do you have any idea how many last call hook-ups you ruined for me? Chick was drunk, we were grinding, ready to bring her back to the bat cave and do things to her they don't do to lab rats when ALL OF A SUDDEN she's recoiling in horror, I'm starting to retch, and it's all over. You @#$%^&*&^%$#!!!!

Oh, it's ON now. I just ordered 5 gallons of liquid ass, one for each of your beloved Mustangs. They'll be able to smell you in Clermont. @#$%^&@#$%^&!!!

iu

Alex.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Sonofabitch! That was you! You dirty rat bastard, do you have any idea how many last call hook-ups you ruined for me? Chick was drunk, we were grinding, ready to bring her back to the bat cave and do things to her they don't do to lab rats when ALL OF A SUDDEN she's recoiling in horror, I'm starting to retch, and it's all over. You @#$%^&*&^%$#!!!!

Oh, it's ON now. I just ordered 5 gallons of liquid ass, one for each of your beloved Mustangs. They'll be able to smell you in Clermont. @#$%^&@#$%^&!!!

iu

Alex.
Anyone from Orlando in my days probably remembers "Visions" in Altamonte(Tony Marino's lounge) as quite a popular hook up spot on Friday and Saturday nights. They literally closed up and called Seminole County FD one Friday night to investigate a possible gas leak....I sh!t you not...:rotfl::rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.