Other games this weekend

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Boy this weekend's slate of games really sux. I admit I won;t be able to bring myself to watch our heavyweight tilt with some Division 37 school from who the hell knows where, so I thought Friday's games could be interesting. Still have hope for ASU/Cal, But holy shyt, I believe that Justin Fuente will be on the unemployment line by year's end. they are getting skull fvkked at home by Duke. No disrespect to Duke, but even they are not as good as they have been the past few years. And Maryland is down 38-0 ay home to Pedo St. Perhaps these games are just a preview b/c on paper the Saturday slate has to be[ the weakest one all year.

BTW perhaps this is the year that Phat Phil genuflects long enough to satisfy Cutcliffe into taking over at UToothless next season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fuentes is garbage.

And fired.

I didn't think scUM would have many ACC victories but they might beat this turd.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Did you expect this when he went to Va Tech?
Yes. I thought he was overrated and living off the tails of a great OC.

Some even threw this silly name around as a potential for us, because we needed another ball control guy after Chimp.

Last edited:

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Yes. I thought he was overrated and living off the tails of a great OC.

Some oven threw this silly name around as a potential for us, because we needed another ball control guy after Chimp.
Moment of honesty - I liked him. Thought he would succeed. Oh well, not AD material. If only Foley had the same realization early on...

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Moment of honesty - I liked him. Thought he would succeed. Oh well, not AD material. If only Foley had the same realization early on...
Most of them dont succeed using "championships" as the metric, obviously.

Some have better chamces tham others. Generally I think you need great or near great recruiing and eother a great offense and good defense or vice versa.

I dont see him as any of those.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Most of them dont succeed using "championships" as the metric, obviously.

Some have better chamces tham others. Generally I think you need great or near great recruiing and eother a great offense and good defense or vice versa.

I dont see him as any of those.
I got fooled by the Memphis offense. Happens. Was hoping he was the next Spurrier type guy. Maybe if Mullen lets Trask sling it and sees how the fans love it, he’ll change... lol I keed i keed

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I got fooled by the Memphis offense. Happens. Was hoping he was the next Spurrier type guy. Maybe if Mullen lets Trask sling it and sees how the fans love it, he’ll change... lol I keed i keed
You were right, just about the wrong Memphis coach. Unfortunately he seems to be SOS w Zook as DC.

There also seems to be something that keeps everyone from touching him.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
You were right, just about the wrong Memphis coach. Unfortunately he seems to be SOS w Zook as DC.

There also seems to be something that keeps everyone from touching him.
Yea, that dude is nuclear. Should’ve been in Knoxville already but they won’t touch him.... And they’re desperate. Hard to believe he’s worse than Petrino but who knows.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
USC-Washington and ND-UVA have the potential to be entertaining games at 3:30. I also like the Iowa St.-Baylor matchup at the same time. Utah and Wazzou for some late night Pac-12 will be good, but I won’t make it to the end of that one.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
At least the ASU-Cal game was watchable until I fell asleep. Gotta give Herm credit. Seems to be doing a decent job at ASU and I always liked Wilcox as a DC before he took over at Cal, where they had been awful, but they have been competitive since he became HC. I hope Herm does well b/c I always thought he was a stand up guy and did not like the BS of the modern showboat football player. Besides he was part of one of the dumbest plays in the history of the NFL.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Fun fact about Arizona St. under Herm Edwards. He’s gone 11-7 there so far, but only one of those losses came by more than 7 points, which was the bowl game against Fresno, an 11 point loss. He uses a very deliberate pace with solid defense and a running game that keeps every game relatively close. I rarely pick against them in the spread.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Pretty sure Cal would have covered if their QB hadn't gone down. Nah-just wanted to practice TV analyst speak. Good game though.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Jimbo is Jimbo'ing today, currently losing to Arkansas:

Butters is losing to Western Michigan 24-0 in the 3rd quarter.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
USC-Washington and ND-UVA have the potential to be entertaining games at 3:30. I also like the Iowa St.-Baylor matchup at the same time. Utah and Wazzou for some late night Pac-12 will be good, but I won’t make it to the end of that one.
How did I know you’d insert Iowa State into the conversation somehow :lol:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Jimbo is Jimbo'ing today, currently losing to Arkansas:

Butters is losing to Western Michigan 24-0 in the 3rd quarter.

On my way out for the nite but just heard that Butter's boys scratched the scoreboard in the 4th. As I said last weekend he was a defensive minded genius his whole career.

As for Dumbo, most of us know he sux A$$ as a head coach, but I salute him into fooling some real idiots into 75 LARGE GUARANTEED!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.