Other games today...

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Watching a little of the WV and Missouri game so far and I think Missouri probably has one of those seasons they are known for where they have the bad out of conference loss early and then rebound to win a few SEC games people weren't expecting. WV will be pretty bad this year with how the departing coaches left that team but the Missouri offense doesn't look too bad.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Michigan has their hands full with Army. Army has gotten pretty decent over the last couple years and even had Oklahoma in OT last year or the year before. Scary team to play with the way they melt the clock and limit your possessions, if you have a few turnovers as well it's a recipe fro disaster. Michigan was also a 3 touchdown favorite, I would've never expected Michigan to cover that.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Watching a little of the WV and Missouri game so far and I think Missouri probably has one of those seasons they are known for where they have the bad out of conference loss early and then rebound to win a few SEC games people weren't expecting. WV will be pretty bad this year with how the departing coaches left that team but the Missouri offense doesn't look too bad.

Mizzou will give us trouble again this year, they just have our number.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
upload_2019-9-7_13-37-55.jpeg
The mighty harbaughs are in shambles...also USCe got a major upgrade at QB and Mizzou (like stated before) is looking good so far and will be that game we need to not look over (and actually play in) Also Locksley has Maryland dialed in this season. Didn’t see that one coming this quick but I did know that Durkin was putting together some talent in College Park. Might surprise a few teams in the Big10 this season

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Michigan has their hands full with Army. Army has gotten pretty decent over the last couple years and even had Oklahoma in OT last year or the year before. Scary team to play with the way they melt the clock and limit your possessions, if you have a few turnovers as well it's a recipe fro disaster. Michigan was also a 3 touchdown favorite, I would've never expected Michigan to cover that.

Can't allow them to stay in their base offense all game. It's too complicated to defend and is something you only practice for every few years. It's just a matter of time before you look up and a Fullback is streaking down the field for 6. Unfortunately, I saw it first hand against Gsu. The better coaches know that you absolutely must score quickly and force them to plat from behind. Otherwise, you're likely toast. I don't know why these bigger programs offer to play the Academies or others who strictly run the triple. Unless it's week one and you can devote time in camps to it. Even then, you're practicing stopping something you won't face again all season, and obviously missing reps that could be more useful.

The only good news is a full drive for them takes like 10 min off the clock. So the misery shouldn't last too long and you have all afternoon to drink and shake your head about what just happened.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Yep. They are not cut out for overcoming mistakes.

To compound his mistake, I'm also really surprised they didn't go more conservative there and at least go up 10. Two score game, and an offense that tends to gobble up the clock. Shocked they put it in the air. That also changed things dramatically.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
So over the chump games, just schedule division play and be done with the bs

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The Hilinski kid for South Carolina looks legit (I know, it's a 1AA team - but he started 12 for 12 passing).

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I saw Daquon Green had a 60yd TD for Murray St against uga. good for him

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The Hilinski kid for South Carolina looks legit (I know, it's a 1AA team - but he started 12 for 12 passing).

Yep he looks like a true freshman that can function pretty good. Will be curious if he can maintain that composure with Bama pummeling them next week. If he can stay functional they may have a decent one in the future.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Nebraska down in OT to CSU? And they hoooooooook it. NEB goes down at home to unranked Colorado State. Huzzah!

Note, they were up 17-0 at halftime, lose 34-31 in OT.

Shine fading on Frost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator