Our new starter at QB

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
I think that is sometimes a bit understated too. We put a backup RS Junior QB who never started in his entire career since middle school in the middle of an SEC road game when we were down 11 points. Looked like he "do this" all the time. Hope he can stay mentally focused.
Really. Trask looked as though he'd playing all along.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I did as well. I also love that a marine pilot is arguing with what appears to be a medical professional (solely based on assumption due to user name and avatar) about who knows more about medical injuries and prone to injuries. :lol:
Here is the thing....if the discussion was about flying and I wanted to make a point I wouldn't post a .pdf of the flight manual for a 737. I would clearly and succinctly break down the point I'm trying to make in layman's terms.

As for statistics about a guy who tears one ACL and then is deemed prone to tearing not just that same ACL again but the other ACL as well, this is the beauty and frustration with statistics in a nutshell. For instance, we all saw how FF got injured last night, dislocated and broken ankle. It is no stretch of the imagination to believe that ankle is always going to give him problems from now on. But to suggest that the other ankle is also going to be prone to such an injury is ridiculous because that injury wasn't caused by a weak ankle, it was caused by an event that would have broken any ankle on anybody. But if you lumped all dislocated ankle injuries into one data pool, then used that pool to suggest that there is a statistically higher chance of the other ankle having a similar injury, it would be both statistically correct (because of those people who suffered an injury due to weak ankles being lumped in the same data set) and also a ridiculous generalization.

I crashed my motorcycle in college and broke my arm, and I separated my shoulder diving for a pass during intramurals. Either event would have created a similar injury to practically anybody because of the way it happened....it hardly means that I'm prone to injury because of my genetic makeup.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I was never a fan of FF as a player or as an off field personality, I wish him nothing but the best in his career but this team is 100 times better off without him playing Qb.

Watching FF this whole season our offense has been very poor and it wasn't Mullen it was always FF. UK was dominating on defense the whole game until Trask came in. It was a spark or anything that led us to victory last night it was the fact that the offense was finally opened up. FF handcuffed this offense more than people think. Notice when FF was in the game it was the Wrs having to do all the work because Mullen didnt trust FF to make his read, it's been like that the whole year. Trask comes in and out of all his passes only 1 was behind the LOS most were pass 10 yards or more. We've never seen him allow FF to throw like that and defenses play us knowing nothing is going pass 5 yards really. That is not the case with Trask. I'm not here saying Trask is the savior but I believe our offense will finally start looking like an offense under him.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here is the thing....if the discussion was about flying and I wanted to make a point I wouldn't post a .pdf of the flight manual for a 737. I would clearly and succinctly break down the point I'm trying to make in layman's terms.

As for statistics about a guy who tears one ACL and then is deemed prone to tearing not just that same ACL again but the other ACL as well, this is the beauty and frustration with statistics in a nutshell. For instance, we all saw how FF got injured last night, dislocated and broken ankle. It is no stretch of the imagination to believe that ankle is always going to give him problems from now on. But to suggest that the other ankle is also going to be prone to such an injury is ridiculous because that injury wasn't caused by a weak ankle, it was caused by an event that would have broken any ankle on anybody. But if you lumped all dislocated ankle injuries into one data pool, then used that pool to suggest that there is a statistically higher chance of the other ankle having a similar injury, it would be both statistically correct (because of those people who suffered an injury due to weak ankles being lumped in the same data set) and also a ridiculous generalization.

I crashed my motorcycle in college and broke my arm, and I separated my shoulder diving for a pass during intramurals. Either event would have created a similar injury to practically anybody because of the way it happened....it hardly means that I'm prone to injury because of my genetic makeup.
But weren’t Trask’s injuries non-contact? I’m not arguing, just clarifying. Isn’t there also a thread on Marco Wilson about what happened to him since his injury?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Side note, I’m just impressed Trask didn’t “Shush” our fans last night.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I was never a fan of FF as a player or as an off field personality, I wish him nothing but the best in his career but this team is 100 times better off without him playing Qb.

Watching FF this whole season our offense has been very poor and it wasn't Mullen it was always FF. UK was dominating on defense the whole game until Trask came in. It was a spark or anything that led us to victory last night it was the fact that the offense was finally opened up. FF handcuffed this offense more than people think. Notice when FF was in the game it was the Wrs having to do all the work because Mullen didnt trust FF to make his read, it's been like that the whole year. Trask comes in and out of all his passes only 1 was behind the LOS most were pass 10 yards or more. We've never seen him allow FF to throw like that and defenses play us knowing nothing is going pass 5 yards really. That is not the case with Trask. I'm not here saying Trask is the savior but I believe our offense will finally start looking like an offense under him.
Agreed 100%

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But weren’t Trask’s injuries non-contact? I’m not arguing, just clarifying. Isn’t there also a thread on Marco Wilson about what happened to him since his injury?
That's the info that would make a lot more sense to have in this discussion. I have no idea if his foot just broke while casually running down the field of if he stepped on the side of someone else's foot or if he smashed it into an equipment locker.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That's the info that would make a lot more sense to have in this discussion. I have no idea if his foot just broke while casually running down the field of if he stepped on the side of someone else's foot or if he smashed it into an equipment locker.
I think it’s well documented that he dropped a clipboard on it.

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Trask led the team to victory under tough circumstances last night, and then finished the evening by representing himself and the school with humility and class. He let his play do the talking and left the stupid comments to the announcers and a slew of goofy posters and talking heads, too long to innumerate. Good for him. He has limitations to be sure, but he's a Gator to the marrow of his bones and has earned a chance to play with a mountain of hard work. I can get behind that - more importantly I believe the team will too. The change in QBs is IS ABSOLUTELY a turning point - maybe even more than would normally be the case. the only question is where is it going to take us?

There are many reasons for concern this morning, our deficiencies in several areas have already been discussed at length. The season is 25% complete and we are looking for answers that may not exist. There are too many holes in a roster that, overall, is no better than mid-league level at best - as recruiting continues to lag. Now add to that the reality that this season is hanging by a thread - along with the near-future of UF FB. Real concerns indeed. This team has some talent, but certainly not enough to "overpower" anybody with a pulse. And they apparently have some "character," as their superb 4th-quarter performance overcame what was clearly a losing effort to that point.

But the fact remains that there is also room for legitimate concern over the coaching (aside from recruiting of course). On the surface, this is the second game in which we were apparently "out-prepared" before the game, and then seemingly out-coached for the first half to three quarters of both games. This actually troubles me more than the holes in the roster or my natural disaffection for the RPO. We can't afford the luxury of a slow start or poor in-game adjustments against any of the five or six teams left on the schedule who will probably beat us if we keep that shytt up. DM is 13-3 to this point and he still deserves credit for a good start overall. But he has a lot of room for growth and we'll just have to see how he does. Right now, I see no reason to expect less than 3 or 4 losses, even 5 is possible. As of now, I expect 8-4 / 9-3 as the best case scenario. I wish I felt better about things, oh well.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I heard he dropped a clipboard on it. :lol:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
sample size is way too small for all the "over the top" statements being made. Pump the brakes and wait until KT faces a SEC defense that has a week to prepare for him. UT may not qualify as a "real" SEC defense.....

"Pain is coming" Ox

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
sample size is way too small for all the "over the top" statements being made. Pump the brakes and wait until KT faces a SEC defense that has a week to prepare for him. UT may not qualify as a "real" SEC defense.....

"Pain is coming" Ox
I was expecting the opposite out of you. Surprising.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Good points. One thing to point out though is that we were playing sort of a hurry up offense being down two scores in the 4th quarter. I doubt Mullen runs that same offense in the 1st half next week, then we'll see if Trask can run what Mullen wants to run.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Wouldn’t have have broken my ankle

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb