Oxrageous in shambles; caught on video at Florida State Fairgrounds after way too many Zimas

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
Here's the story btw. Apparently Oxrageous refused to give his name to the media, so is only referred to as an anonymous bull. So much for his 15 minutes of fame. :dunno:

Bull runs into rodeo crowd after escaping from pen at Florida State Fairgrounds

TAMPA, Fla. - A crowd at a rodeo at the Florida State Fairgrounds got a lot closer to the action than they bargained for this weekend.

Christopher Thornton, who was attending his very first rodeo, said a bull had just been moved into a chute when it broke through the side and leaped toward the audience in the stands.

"Everyone was rushing, the parents were grabbing their kids. People were jumping over the chairs," Thornton recalled. "The first thing in my head said to record it. I couldn't believe this was happening at my first rodeo!"

Thornton recorded video of the incident that happened on Saturday, August 27. Video from the incident shows the bull running around the stadium as a person over a loudspeaker tells screaming guests to stay calm.

A handler on horseback was able to quickly rope in the bull from the other side of the fence and bring him back to the arena.

"Everyone just started clapping," Thornton said. "Honestly, if he wasn't able to catch the bull, more chaos would've definitely happened."

No one in the stands was hurt during the incident. The rodeo was put on by Gus Trent Horse Ranch.

FOX 13 did reach out to organizers, but they declined to comment. The Florida State Fairgrounds has not responded to a request for comment.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I wonder what the horse thought after they roped ox? That's a whole lot different than calf roping. Kudos to the horse for dragging him. However there will be lawsuits. I clearly heard him wheeze out "I can't breathe!"

Oxking was interviewed afterwards and was appalled at the treatment. "He's a good bull. Never had no problems with him. He didn't do nothing to deserve that kind of speciesist treatment. This will set back his entrance to rodeo school by months! There needs to be accountability. This is intolerable."

Last edited:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Regardless of the punny joke, this video is amazing on sooooo many levels.

1) The fact the so many "cowboys" are just blindly running after this bull is beyond stupid. What did they think they were going to do if they ever got to it? "Hey bull, why don't you follow me back to the pen?"
2) How can so many "cowboys" NOT have lariats on them?
3) The cowboy that roped the bull showed off some mad skills. He had to throw over 2 rails AND a dumbass girl sitting on the fence and nailed it with one throw for a neck pull vs a horn pull.
4) The Horse, and everyone watching that video knows the horse I'm referring to and will forever more refer to said horse as "The Horse", was phenomenal! He held tight like a rock and even was able to jockey around the fence being opened while still holding tight and then pulled that bull OVER a retaining wall. Stud level = 100!
5) The guy filming it was as white of a black guy could be and by white I mean gay and from California. The fact he was even at a rodeo speaks volumes as he's probably been kicked out of several gay bars and this is his new meat market. NTTATWWT.

G. Gordon Gator

Intrepid Chauvinist
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2018
4) The Horse, and everyone watching that video knows the horse I'm referring to and will forever more refer to said horse as "The Horse", was phenomenal! He held tight like a rock and even was able to jockey around the fence being opened while still holding tight and then pulled that bull OVER a retaining wall. Stud level = 100!

Yes that horse is a highly-trained athlete. That was impressive the way he followed commands to run that bull down from inside the ring with all those people right there, then stood perfectly with his front legs braced for leverage, and hardly flinched when those idiots almost hit him in the face with the gate.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yes that horse is a highly-trained athlete. That was impressive the way he followed commands to run that bull down from inside the ring with all those people right there, then stood perfectly with his front legs braced for leverage, and hardly flinched when those idiots almost hit him in the face with the gate.

1661966536020.png

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Freaking awesome. The Horse thinking, damn slack line, here it comes…

Only thing better would be if the cowboy roped the Ox from a Donkey.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
??? Totally serious, that horse is a 5* all the way.

A horse like that starts at five and up to six figures. They are athletes.
Hats off to the cowboy though for catching him on his first throw with so man obstacles.
Yellowstone (tv show) showcases some of these cowboys and horses. Truly impressive sport.

I’ve seen horses sell for $1 million at the Keeneland thoroughbred auctions. Doesn’t mean they perform well on the track but have great lineage.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder what the horse thought after they roped ox? That's a whole lot different than calf roping. Kudos to the horse for dragging him. However there will be lawsuits. I clearly heard him wheeze out "I can't breathe!"

Oxking was interviewed afterwards and was appalled at the treatment. "He's a good bull. Never had no problems with him. He didn't do nothing to deserve that kind of speciesist treatment. This will set back his entrance to rodeo school by months! There needs to be accountability. This is intolerable."
I thought the “can’t breathe” came when the cowboy dismounted and put his knee on the Ox’s neck. The cowboy’s name remains anonymous, but rumors are swirling that it’s none other than Nat Love, better known by his chatter handle @gatorev12 . Get ready for the OLM riots.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I thought the “can’t breathe” came when the cowboy dismounted and put his knee on the Ox’s neck. The cowboy’s name remains anonymous, but rumors are swirling that it’s none other than Nat Love, better known by his chatter handle @gatorev12 . Get ready for the OLM riots.

You are mistaken sir, I have no beef with Ox.

Whether he feels the same about me is a matter of lively debate; but the fact remains that I openly rooted for his kin when living in Spain, which is apparently frowned upon at bullfights...but I showed #solidarity.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You are mistaken sir, I have no beef with Ox.

Whether he feels the same about me is a matter of lively debate; but the fact remains that I openly rooted for his kin when living in Spain, which is apparently frowned upon at bullfights...but I showed #solidarity.
1663202509085.gif

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018

Swear to God, people will boo and whistle at you in Spain if you cheer for the bull.

Which seems to me a bit unsporting--they give EVERY advantage to the bullfighter (sticking the bull several times beforehand, etc.), and dammit, someone's gotta root for the underdog?!?

But real talk: that happened; and also, I got nothing against the guy.

the office fist bump GIF

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swear to God, people will boo and whistle at you in Spain if you cheer for the bull.

Which seems to me a bit unsporting--they give EVERY advantage to the bullfighter (sticking the bull several times beforehand, etc.), and dammit, someone's gotta root for the underdog?!?

But real talk: that happened; and also, I got nothing against the guy.

the office fist bump GIF
Gotcha. Now is that gif supposed to be you and Ox dappin’ it up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.