LJ Scott - Michigan State
Chris Westry - Kentucky
Fred Johnson, Martez Ivey, and CeCe Jefferson - Florida
Johnnie Dixon - AN Ohio State
Nick Fitzgerald - Mississippi State
John Battle - LSU
Tyree St. Louis - Miami
Jacques Patrick - FSU

with CeCe, Ivey, Preston Williams, savion Smith, and Patrick being 5*s if I am not mistaken.

Holyfield going undrafted and Nauta going super late makes me feel a little better.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grier looked pretty disappointed to be drafted by the Panthers. Wouldn't be surprised if eventually took cam Newton's job though.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wow. Talk about being out of touch with reality. He voluntarily chose to sit out what could possibly be the last football game he ever has the opportunity to play in.

I hate it equally, but I do at least get why certain big names feel they simply have too much at stake and opt out. But again, where are these kids getting this advice. What could a few extra weeks to prepare for a combine possibly do to erase 4+ years of clearly average at best film? If anything, it gives them one last platform to showcase their worthiness and may be just enough to get them in, or improve their status. I think CGJ did that this year, as did Fowler in 2015.

But this self-inflated mindset is ridiculous.
I think they would tell you they do it because they want to avoid a serious injury in that final game, ruining their draft preparation window.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Grier looked pretty disappointed to be drafted by the Panthers. Wouldn't be surprised if eventually took cam Newton's job though.
He seems pretty excited about it in this article. He grew up a Panthers fan and his family lives in walking distance from the stadium.

Panthers call selection of QB Grier a depth move

Also keep in mind that Cam Newton hasn't even thrown a football since his latest shoulder surgery. If that surgery didn't work, Newton is finished. He had the arm of Pee-Wee Herman last season before they shut him down.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think they would tell you they do it because they want to avoid a serious injury in that final game, ruining their draft preparation window.

Dear Mr Holmes,

Greetings. Hope all is well in Britain. I appreciate your finding time to respond to my letter. It appears once again, you’ve utilized your exceptional skill to uncover the deep mysteries of the day. For that I am forever in your debt.

However, my concern is these “football” players have been reviewed at length and deemed to be subpar, so much that they may as well be working a regular job as their prospects of professional life are quite limited. May as well enjoy what you have rather than chase that is clearly a long shot at best.

Sincerely,

soflagator

leogator

May 5, 2018
I am so puzzled by why Kara Higdon went undrafted and Travis Homer was such a late pick. Jacobs is a good back but then he was running behind Alabama's line. Travis Homer was running behind Miami's line.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Mac takes 2 five stars (Ivey and CeCe) and leads them to free agency.

Sure, Mullinz had then for a year, but this falls on Mac.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He seems pretty excited about it in this article. He grew up a Panthers fan and his family lives in walking distance from the stadium.

Also keep in mind that Cam Newton hasn't even thrown a football since his latest shoulder surgery. If that surgery didn't work, Newton is finished. He had the arm of Pee-Wee Herman last season before they shut him down.
I heard Pee-Wee has quite an arm in a dark theater.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Mac takes 2 five stars (Ivey and CeCe) and leads them to free agency.

Sure, Mullinz had then for a year, but this falls on Mac.
Or they overrated as 5*s. You know the rating agencies make mistakes, right? Heck the all powerful NFLers make mistakes in their evaluations. We'll see many busts from the 1st round and we'll see many starters from the 6-7 rounds and UDFAs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Even the 5 star bust or failure to develop rate is around 50%, due to injuries, poor attitudes, poor coaching, poor workout ethic, genes (cant put onnweight desoite workouts) and other things.

Of course the 3 star failure rate is astonomically higher.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Let's be honest, Newton's a bad teammate and a pussy. The team shouldn't be too hard to win over.

leogator

May 5, 2018
A few more names that did not get drafted: LT Mitch Hyatt of Clemson, Preston Williams of Colorado State, Nick Brossette and LJ Scott from Lsu and Mich St. David Sills of WVa, Lester Cotton, Bama OL.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't think he would last until the 5th round. He'll be a back up for a while, IMHO.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
A few more names that did not get drafted: LT Mitch Hyatt of Clemson, Preston Williams of Colorado State, Nick Brossette and LJ Scott from Lsu and Mich St. David Sills of WVa, Lester Cotton, Bama OL.
I was kinda surprised by Hyatt. Wasn't he a four year starter at Clemson? I work with a guy who knows the family and says (FWIW) that he's a high character kid. Guess his "measurables" weren't up to NFL standards......

leogator

May 5, 2018
I was kinda surprised by Hyatt. Wasn't he a four year starter at Clemson? I work with a guy who knows the family and says (FWIW) that he's a high character kid. Guess his "measurables" weren't up to NFL standards......
I think he only started in 2017 and 2018 but still. That Clemson OL was very good. They handled Alabama's vaunted DL extremely well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.