Parking for Gator football....where do you park?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
One of the things i like about JJ Finley is that I come in from North 75, get off at Aalchua and take 441 all the way in to 7th street hang a right and its a straight shot to JJ.
Plus you miss all that traffic on archer or newberry road.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
JJ Finley was my elementary school and the approximate halfway point between my house and the Swamp when dad and I would walk to the games. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to do that for several years. Part of the deal when you sign up, but thankfully SOS and urbs gave me plenty of reasons to shout from far away. DM is off to a good start and I’m hoping he can return us to that level of success soon.

Same here waaaay back in the late 60's. We lived a couple of blocks away at the time.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bathrooms and shade are the key.

The RV lot with phan, sas, bna, queen is over by the softball field. Little far, but there is a shuttle. Free and bathrooms. Not a huge crowd.

The law school is awesome and has great shade. Not too far. Bathrooms in the school and free. Great crowd here.

If I am going to get there early, there is a little tiny access road between the engineering paid lot and the physics building that leads to the telescope. Directly across from the Reitz Union student center/book store. This is a very fun spot with an incredible amount if activity, extremely close to the stadium, free, and bathrooms right there. Better get there early to squeeze in.

Also, the garages for Shands are open/free on gameday. Easy exit. Not much tailgating or bathrooms though. We’ll park here if we are “just” going to the game.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I parked in Flavet from like ‘92-‘98, then the Garage on Newell and Museum from ‘99-‘17 and starting last year in the lot across from said garage on Newell.
I just got tickets yesterday and a parking pass in Flavet (lot 5).

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Nearly always come in Thursday or Friday to beat the traffic and indulge in some spirits. Drive over Saturday early find a good spot close(usually right behind midtown somewhere) and commence pregaming.

When I’ve planned ahead we get a room at the university Holiday Inn and can just walk. Those rooms get reserved up to a year in advance though.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not that it helps you guys, but I've got a buddy who has a compound a couple blocks off University behind the Alumni Center. That's where I park. It's fenced and has two three bedroom houses and a 4 car garage with an apartment above it that he uses when he's in town. He rents the houses out to friends and friends of friends' kids. He built it when his sons were at UF. It's got a volley ball court, hot tub, outdoor bar, fire pit w/ huge couches and a 65 inch diamond plate encrusted pop up TV that he rolls out on game days. Oh, and he caters each game day with open bar and BBQ.

Sooooo, yeah, I'm slummin' it. :grin:

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Nice thread

I am looking for a hotel for the Towson game. I can get one 20 minutes away but I would have to drive to the game. This helps.

I would think that for the Towson game you would be able to find a hotel in town.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Coming from Ocala, I use the parking garage on the south side of Archer Rd. just west of the VA Hospital. A good walk to and from the stadium, but can get out of town real easy after the game. And it's free.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Not that it helps you guys, but I've got a buddy who has a compound a couple blocks off University behind the Alumni Center. That's where I park. It's fenced and has two three bedroom houses and a 4 car garage with an apartment above it that he uses when he's in town. He rents the houses out to friends and friends of friends' kids. He built it when his sons were at UF. It's got a volley ball court, hot tub, outdoor bar, fire pit w/ huge couches and a 65 inch diamond plate encrusted pop up TV that he rolls out on game days. Oh, and he caters each game day with open bar and BBQ.

Sooooo, yeah, I'm slummin' it. :grin:

I know that house. I’ve parked about two houses down for years.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I would think that for the Towson game you would be able to find a hotel in town.
It's parents weekend, so there may be more of a crowd than you might think. Mrs. G booked us a room (I forgot where), but she mentioned there was not a ton of availability.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
For the last many years, Larsen Hall...

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve only been to one game in The past 15 years. When I went in the 90s we would park in the neighborhood a couple blocks north of the stadium and walk the rest of the way. Maybe 5th to 7th north depending on where we could find a spot. Last year for the Missouri game we parked at our church over by 13th and 4th south.

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
In the bike lane in front of the Psychology building fo free....Whiz in Reitz union on the walk up and back.

Phineus Maximus

Founding Member
Thread Killer
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm usually with @Gatorphan and @BNAG8R at Fifield RV Lot. However, I sometimes park at 1929 NW 2nd Ave. I started parking there a few years back and the guy who owns the house was really cool. It's relatively cheap and close to the stadium with easy exit heading west out 26.

Musclepug

never go full retard
Lifetime Member
Aug 4, 2018
Is this the rub it in thread? Oh I have tickets....where do I park.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb