Pat Dooley says Defense good last season because of bad offense

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, Pat. Sure. How does this explain that Muschamp always has a good defense? Are all of his offenses for the teams he's been coach for had bad offenses, even as a defensive coordinator? Pat Dooley is a joke.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Who is this, Pat Dooley, you speak of?

Is he on this message board or does he write for some small town newspaper that has no forum for discussing Gator Sports? :wink:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
When my brother and I were little kids, our family used the word dooley instead of saying penis.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He has a little point. The defense was on the field for less plays than any defense in FBS. They were only about 40th in yards allowed per play. They certainly weren't a true top 10 defense in reality but I think they will be this season.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He's really not that far off. If the offense is taking it's time and leading the country in TOP of course the defense isn't going to give up many yards. Having said that, anyone trying to argue that Muschamp isn't tops in the country as far as defense is concerned is an idiot.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
What offense were you watching last year that took chunks of time off the clock?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Slevin;n38097 said:
What offense were you watching last year that took chunks of time off the clock?

We held the ball the 2nd most of any team in FBS and opposing teams ran the fewest plays against us of any team in FBS meaning our defense was the most rested in all of FBS. We didn't score hardly but we ran the clock all game.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInKnox;n38094 said:
He's really not that far off. If the offense is taking it's time and leading the country in TOP of course the defense isn't going to give up many yards. Having said that, anyone trying to argue that Muschamp isn't tops in the country as far as defense is concerned is an idiot.
You mean the guy whose defense gave up 460+ yds. to fcs GSU that lost to Wofford on the ground alone with no passes completed out of 3 attempts? Yep, must be a

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
LagoonGator68 said:
GatorInKnox;n38094 said:
You mean the guy whose defense gave up 460+ yds. to fcs GSU that lost to Wofford on the ground alone with no passes completed out of 3 attempts? Yep, must be a
We were young last season - it should be improved this season.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I haven't found a reason to visit the Sun since Hallifax whacked the GSMB. Dooley just reminded me why I haven't.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'm going to make an admission. I only could stand to watch one game last year. But it seems to me our offense consisted of taking the ball at the 20. Using 3 plays to go ten yards, rinse, repeat until we turned ball over. Is this an accurate observation?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The guy can coach defense. Let's also not forget about shutting down manziel either.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
gator1946;n38109 said:
I haven't found a reason to visit the Sun since Hallifax whacked the GSMB. Dooley just reminded me why I haven't.

Yep. I haven't been back there either. I'm curious how much traffic they have lost.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n38136 said:
The guy can coach defense. Let's also not forget about shutting down manziel either. [/QUOTE, Furman, Lafayette, Louisville. and others.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley also had an all time top WRs at UF list and didn't include Percy Harvin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator