Pat Dooley says Defense good last season because of bad offense

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I remember a crap ton of 3 and outs by our O... apparently that really helps the D rest :crazy:

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Whether it has any merit to some degree isn't the point. The point is Muschamp can obviously coach defense and anyone that denies he's one of the best defensive minds is kidding themselves. Saying we were good because we bad offense seems like a bit of a prick observation...typical of Fooley.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp was a great defensive coordinator and certainly he has a tremendous influence on the defense. At the same time, he's not the defensive coordinator and we certainly felt the loss of Dan Quinn on that side of the ball last year. We are replacing most of secondary and we have some question marks at DT and LB. I think we'll be good on defense, but I won't be surprised if we aren't in the top 10.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
If the d-line plays well, and our secondary can come together mid-season at least, or earlier, then top 5 on defense isn't out of the question, forget top 10. Lots ifs though, understandably.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think our defensive line will be much improved. Bullard and Fowler junior years that's when Easley and Floyd really came on. Leon Orr is healthy he apparently was playing on a bum shoulder. Darrius Cummings finally had a full off season with the program. And the redshirts are comming of some freshmen who supposedly are looking pretty good. We have alot of depth there I think our d is going to be very good this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n38249 said:
I remember a crap ton of 3 and outs by our O... apparently that really helps the D rest :crazy:

Yep when you are running clock off and keeping the other team off the field - that is why our defense played the fewest plays of any in the country I guess - I think a little of it was our defense being a little soft against the run last season in games like the LSU game so they stayed conservative burning clock also.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We shouldn't listen to Dooley for anything except for and ipod playlist (questionable on that) and where the buffet line is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.