Pat Forde slams Mullen

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dan Mullen’s perspective—again (13). If you want compelling evidence that the pandemic is making some smart people lose their minds, Mullen seems like a good place to start. He’s coached well (as usual) in 2020, but he sure hasn’t comported himself well. There was the time he helped escalate a bench-clearing altercation with Missouri, then walked to the locker room throwing his arms in the air like a wrestling heel. There was postgame petulance after the loss at Texas A&M, which led to a call to “pack the Swamp” for Florida’s next home game. And there was more postgame excuse-making Saturday night, when Mullen opined that "the best thing to do would have been to play less games because you seem to get rewarded for not playing this year.” Actually, Dan, the best thing to do is to beat bad teams when you play them.

But Mullen wasn’t done there. On Sunday, he tried to rationalize Wilson’s chucking of Kole Taylor’s cleat. “He made the tackle,” Mullen said. “I mean, part of the football move, the kid’s shoe was in his hand. He kind of threw it, jumped and celebrated with his teammates. I don’t think there was any intent to taunt. … It was a huge play, possibly a game-winning play. Threw a shoe, went to celebrate with his teammates. Unfortunately, it was a penalty.”

Yes, it certainly was a penalty. And no, it certainly was not a football move. It was a live-in-infamy move.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
University-of-Florida-head-coach-Dan-Mullen-dressed-up-as-Darth-Vader-for-Halloween-and-surprised-his-team-in-the-locker-room-to-celebrate-the-win-Florida-Gators-Football-1486x846-1024x583.jpg

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Actually, Dan, the best thing to do is to beat bad teams when you play them

Ain't that the truth. Ogre out coached Mullen and motivated the heck out of his team.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My favorite Mullen line: “He kind of threw it.” Kind of? As if he needed another camera angle to convince himself it didn’t somehow happen by accident.

Forde’s right. Mullen has done a whole helluva lot to embarrass himself this season.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't read, and no matter how far he took his criticism of our numnuts of a coach and his staff, he didn't go far enough.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I just find it interesting that so many of us have been saying similar shyt about Cousin Eddie since he was an asst. coach here and as a head coach at Cowbell. Now that the quote/unquote "media gurus" are talking about him, all of sudden it springs into action and causes people to finally open their eyes? Oh well.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
I am done with this *******. Maybe he leaves and takes the auburn job. Losing is ne thing. The absolute sewage that has come out of his mouth since sat night deserves an absolute ass chain from the AD. If I am the AD, I would cuss that MFer out up one side of the stadium and down the other. He needs to get his GD team in line or I would start cutting these MFers myself, starting with fat todd and marco.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
patty ford can go fckkk himself...........sports writers write and make ****ty salaries because they cant do what guys like Mullin can do.......Its funny when Mikey Bianchi criticises our program he is eviscerated.........Patty pisses on it and its good job Patsy.
:wag:

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
patty ford can go fckkk himself...........sports writers write and make ****ty salaries because they cant do what guys like Mullin can do.......Its funny when Mikey Bianchi criticises our program he is eviscerated.........Patty pisses on it and its good job Patsy.
There is absolutely nothing Forde said that was incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.