DC Patrick Toney & the Defense

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
31 year old DC just got taken to the woodshed by Heupel. Despicable performance today.

Discuss.
You can’t polish dog****, especially against one of the top offenses in the Conf.

Until TGs players are gone, it is what it is.
The got him fired btw and didn’t play well under his replacement either. I think it’s time we say hey, it may be the players

Let’s do this, of the Mullen guys, name 3 of the 5 DBs we run that you think go in the 1st 3 rounds in the draft. Then name 1 LB and 2 DL.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
LOL only us. That guy was relentlessly bashed by you same posters his entire tenure here.

The epitome of what I have always said about our transient, non knowledgeable fan base. As much as SideHat sucks, the fact that he has picked his nose, scratched his a$$ or taken a shyt in Alachua County as a former 'coach" immediately qualifies him for a position here.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
You can’t polish dog****, especially against one of the top offenses in the Conf.

Until TGs players are gone, it is what it is.
The got him fired btw and didn’t play well under his replacement either. I think it’s time we say hey, it may be the players

Let’s do this, of the Mullen guys, name 3 of the 5 DBs we run that you think go in the 1st 3 rounds in the draft. Then name 1 LB and 2 DL.

We have a bunch of 4 and 5 stars, I’m not going to excuse the ineptitude we’ve seen the past two games.

If the Mullen guys that are upperclassmen, looking at Dean, Burney and Torrence, aren’t getting it done (yet again), it’s time to replace them. If we’re going to struggle on defense, struggle young for next year. We look no different than a TG defense even after all the hype PT got.

Make. Some. Adjustments.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
We have a bunch of 4 and 5 stars, I’m not going to excuse the ineptitude we’ve seen the past two games.

If the Mullen guys that are upperclassmen, looking at Dean, Burney and Torrence, aren’t getting it done (yet again), it’s time to replace them. If we’re going to struggle on defense, struggle young for next year. We look no different than a TG defense even after all the hype PT got.

Make. Some. Adjustments.
I think it’s safe to say we got a few busts on that side of the ball.
Only one guy made impact plays vs USF, that was part time Cox. Our 4 / 5 star DL should’ve wrecked shop vs them on ability alone.
Was Dexters name even called yesterday? I will say McClellan had a good game.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
Only one guy made impact plays vs USF, that was part time Cox. Our 4 / 5 star DL should’ve wrecked shop vs them on ability alone.

Watson flinging USF’s 165 lb running back around like a rag doll was entertaining. Our entire OL should have been able to do the same with him all day long.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Good question. The guy had to jump thru hoops to be a gator and tried his best to recruit everyone. He made a good play punching the ball loose and I dont see him being any worse than some of the guys who are getting alot of playing time. Did he piss someone off?
Ventrell Miller punched the ball loose. Black one-hand snagged the Onside Kick.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have two theories on Dexter. One is that I notice he is a senior now according to his jersey, so he’s obviously had a kid. I can’t imagine being 20 and having school football and a child. Maybe that has distracted him and/or is causing him to view this year as a contract year, so he’s not just playing. The other thought is that if he’s not surrounded by other guys doing their part, he can be taken out by OL’s.

On Dean, I referenced KJ last night and I think there’s a lot of similarity. Jackson not only started in front of Nelson in early 2005, he also resurfaced in 2007 in front of Major Wright the first half of the year. KJ was better than Dean, but neither were good. They just somehow earned the trust of the coaches that they knew assignments better and would be in position to make the play, even if they didn’t actually make it. I’m hopeful this is more like 05/07 and not another Stiner situation.
Dexter tweeted earlier today that his production has been subpar and that he needs to play better.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Dexter tweeted earlier today that his production has been subpar and that he needs to play better.

Guess he has figured out that those preseason draft boards have his name sliding downward. Also he has finally figured out that another single digit jersey has been making plays on the DL and he figured out that the fans realize it is not him!

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
With two Coaches on defense making a million bucks you would expect better fundamentals.
You can live with getting beat by a great play but receivers running free is not acceptable.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019

5f813633-a780-487f-88ff-104c8854238e_text.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member