Patriots vs. Chiefs

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
This NFL draft:

KC needs to fire their DC and select a defensive player with every draft selection

Tonight- They showed just why they’re the 31st ranked defense

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
NE finds a way..........

Good Game!

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This NFL draft:

KC needs to fire their DC and select a defensive player with every draft selection

Tonight- They showed just why they’re the 31st ranked defense

they were awful especially late in the game

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone start as many white skilled-position players as the Patriots? They're slow, they have no moves, but they sure make plays in the clutch.

That third-and-5 heave to Gronk late in the fourth was money.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone start as many white skilled-position players as the Patriots? They're slow, they have no moves, but they sure make plays in the clutch.

That third-and-5 heave to Gronk late in the fourth was money.

With Berry all over him...

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With Berry all over him...
So many things could have gone wrong. The Pats just figured that Gronk could go up and muscle the ball away. Ballsy call in that situation.

Watching Brady and Edelman work in the two-minute is magic. I've never seen a passer in the pocket as calm as Brady. Rarely seen a receiver as tough, gritty or sure-handed as Edelman.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So many things could have gone wrong. The Pats just figured that Gronk could go up and muscle the ball away. Ballsy call in that situation.

Watching Brady and Edelman work in the two-minute is magic. I've never seen a passer in the pocket as calm as Brady. Rarely seen a receiver as tough, gritty or sure-handed as Edelman.

the one handed catch on 3rd and 10 during the 2 minute drill was great. Hogan outside of the unfortunate dropped ball was also very solid.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
the one handed catch on 3rd and 10 during the 2 minute drill was great. Hogan outside of the unfortunate dropped ball was also very solid.
It's a cliche, but it boils down to who makes more plays. That's usually New England.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It's a cliche, but it boils down to who makes more plays. That's usually New England.

Because they practice situational football, no one is better in the NFL at situational football than NE.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
The situational execution of plays by the Patriots was a thing of beauty. The one Brady threaded into JE over the middle had to be right there and the one to Gronk with the guy ON him. He trusts those guy. Execution of plays really matters and I compare it to what Mullen is trying to do. We are playing with a lot of the same players but he got those players to execute his plays so much better this year.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The situational execution of plays by the Patriots was a thing of beauty. The one Brady threaded into JE over the middle had to be right there and the one to Gronk with the guy ON him. He trusts those guy. Execution of plays really matters and I compare it to what Mullen is trying to do. We are playing with a lot of the same players but he got those players to execute his plays so much better this year.
:exactly:

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
I'm still waiting to see any semblance of a pass rush maneuver by the chiefs outside of failed bull rush after failed bull rush. Just awful.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I'm still waiting to see any semblance of a pass rush maneuver by the chiefs outside of failed bull rush after failed bull rush. Just awful.

How about lining up almost a full yard into the backfield? Sure it's a game-deciding penalty, but you have to respect the ingenuity.

You could almost hear Pepper and Cotton doing the play-by-play.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
How about lining up almost a full yard into the backfield? Sure it's a game-deciding penalty, but you have to respect the ingenuity.

You could almost hear Pepper and Cotton doing the play-by-play.

D. Ford is going to be thinking of lining up offsides all offseason. That might be his Leon Lett moment.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
D. Ford is going to be thinking of lining up offsides all offseason. That might be his Leon Lett moment.

But Lett's moment(the snow game where he inexplicably jumped on the ball, I'm assuming) didn't really cost him or his team if I remember correctly. I've tried to black out much of the Kotite-Rhodes era. Even his Bebe moment was in a blowout SB win.

If this guy Ford had forgotten to report on the play and was texting on the sidelines instead, the Chiefs win and go to the Super Bowl. That's brutal.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But Lett's moment(the snow game where he inexplicably jumped on the ball, I'm assuming) didn't really cost him or his team if I remember correctly. I've tried to black out much of the Kotite-Rhodes era. Even his Bebe moment was in a blowout SB win.

If this guy Ford had forgotten to report on the play and was texting on the sidelines instead, the Chiefs win and go to the Super Bowl. That's brutal.

It is brutal, but is similar to their defense all season. They had similar issues when they played the Chargers trying to secure the #1 seed in the playoffs. This is their MO this season.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It is brutal, but is similar to their defense all season. They had similar issues when they played the Chargers trying to secure the #1 seed in the playoffs. This is their MO this season.

Agree.

And as I said, it's also Reid's MO. I believe he's now 1-5 in Conference Championship Games, and of course, 0-1 in the Super Bowl. He was going to find a way to lose this game and his team fed off of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator