Paul Finebaum’s anti-FSU bias on display again after latest snub of Jimbo Fisher

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is great!

Paul Finebaum’s anti-FSU bias on display again after latest snub of Jimbo Fisher

http://gridironnow.com/paul-finebaums-anti-fsu-bias-display-latest-snub-jimbo-fisher/

Florida State and Jimbo Fisher are no strangers to SEC pundits throwing shade their way.

ESPN personality Paul Finebaum is one of the most notable figures with an anti-Seminoles bias, which helps explain why he has been absent from his radio show three years in a row during Fisher’s annual day-long, summer round of interviews across ESPN’s platforms.

Fisher visited on July 26, appearing on multiple programs.

Catch Jimbo Fisher On @espn
203c.svg
@SportsCenter – 9:30 am@FirstTake – 10:40 am@finebaum – 1:15 pm@stephenasmith – 1:30 pm@ESPNCFB – 2:40 pm pic.twitter.com/ifHx8UZ88P

— FSUFootballHD (@FSUFootballHD) July 25, 2017

Finebaum, coincidentally, was again absent from his radio show for Fisher’s appearance. Peter Burns filled in.

Considering Finebaum’s track record, it’s becoming more and more difficult to believe the absences are mere coincidence and not a direct snub of Fisher and Florida State.

Finebaum has been adamant in the past regarding his disapproval of Jameis Winston’s behavior as Seminole, and also how he feels Fisher mishandled it.

Finebaum even had Bobby Bowden on his show and baited him into saying how Winston was an embarrassment to the program. Then, Finebaum tweeted a misleading portion of the quote portraying it in the worst way possible for Winston.

"I think it's a consensus among FSU fans and boosters that he was an embarrassment to the University" – Bobby Bowden on Jameis Winston

— Paul Finebaum (@finebaum) May 12, 2015

Not only did Finebaum take the quote out of context, but he took out a portion of Bowden’s remark.

Not only did Finebaum take the quote out of context, but he took out a portion of Bowden’s remark.

Here’s the full text of Bowden’s comment, which, when read in the folksy demeanor with which Bowden speaks, takes on a completely different tone from Finebaum’s tweet:

“Well, I think it’s a consensus among Florida State fans and boosters that he was an embarrassment in a lot of ways to the university. He won a lot of ball games. Probably one of the best football players that ever attended Florida State, but he hurt himself off the field. The good news is that he’s young enough to get over that, you know. But he’s got to do that. He just can’t make those junior high school decisions that he made when he was in college.”

Need more evidence?

Finebaum, a Tennessee alumnus, defended his alma mater and Butch Jones during a recent string of sexual assault cases while continuing to slam FSU.

“I do think there was a culture at Florida State that stemmed from the top down,” Finebaum said. “If that’s the case at Tennessee, then we’ll find out. I don’t think it is.”

And more.

Florida State beating Auburn for the 2013 national championship also apparently left a bad taste in Finebaum’s mouth that he hasn’t gotten rid of. He is rooting against the Seminoles not only in football, but in other sports as well.

He once displayed his happiness after an Auburn softball win over the Seminoles.

Auburn beats Florida State. Has a nice ring.

— Paul Finebaum (@finebaum) June 6, 2016

I defy you to find another Finebaum tweet remarking on college softball, and rare are the tweets where he outright roots for one school against another in a game.

That’s some coincidence.

After the most recent slight from Finebaum, Florida State fans took to social media to express their outrage.

Wait is finebaum really not there again today? Third time now he's ducked Jimbo…
1f914.svg

— Melina Myers (@melinasphotos) July 25, 2017

Finebaum ducks Jimbo in person yet again. Third year in a row? https://t.co/q1nVdLwfuq

— Tomahawk Nation (@Tomahawknation) July 25, 2017

Paul Finebaum when he realizes that Jimbo is on ESPN's campus pic.twitter.com/yqV5BlVe42

— Dakota Moyer (@DakMoyer) July 25, 2017

Finebaum’s relationship with the Fisher and the Seminoles seems like it is long past mending.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So we are upset that the blow hard Finebaum doesn't like Jimbo Fisher..... Why do we care again? Only people that would be butthurt over this are Seminole apologists.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Not a huge fan of Lipbaum, but at least we all hate Dumbo.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Pawl ain't all bad apparently.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It's Paul Finebaum and Jimbo Fisher for crying out loud. They can both suck some monkey nuts as far as I'm concerned.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
So who is the ultimate olive on a toothpick? Finebaum or Larry King? And will Finbaum's head grow as King's has over the years?

68192228e99e8c235ff11dabd0b37559.jpg

And a practical question: does Finebaum regularly have other non-SEC coaches on his show? Why spur FSU expect to be highlighted on the SEC Network? Do SEC schools get run on the ACC Network? (Oh, wait, you say there isn't one? BWAHAHAHAHA)

I don't regularly listen or watch him, but I did catch his very gracious praise of UF's overall athletic and academic excellence when it was "UF Day" on the SEC Network

Last edited:

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
There is really no valid reason for F.S.U. to exist except as a school for those who don't have the grades to get into a community college someplace. It is probably the least respected public college on the planet and a real burden to taxpayers.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I love that the writer provided the full Bowden quote which vindicates Finebaum. All Bowden added was Winston was young and will mature past that kind of stupidity.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
And a practical question: does Finebaum regularly have other non-SEC coaches on his show? Why spur FSU expect to be highlighted on the SEC Network? Do SEC schools get run on the ACC Network? (Oh, wait, you say there isn't one? BWAHAHAHAHA)

I don't regularly listen or watch him, but I did catch his very gracious praise of UF's overall athletic and academic excellence when it was "UF Day" on the SEC Network

He does segments on ESPN and on College Football Live where they discuss all of CFB, not just the SEC. So, yes, he does.

I just posted this because I found it hilarious that FSU's butthurt is so deep. Finebaum, and any other "good" analyst out there, says positive and critical things of all coaches/programs. He's not there to sunshine pump, he's an analyst. That's why Danny Kannell was annoying. And, for us, I think Greg McElroy does a great job (now that could be because of his relationship w/ McElwain, but who cares?).

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
If pawl and jimbo end up in hell, I guarantee you they'll be forced to share a room.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
There is really no valid reason for F.S.U. to exist except as a school for those who don't have the grades to get into a community college someplace. It is probably the least respected public college on the planet and a real burden to taxpayers.

Well it used to serve as a place where Females could go to become educated a long time ago. They do have some areas where they have a good academic rep.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well it used to serve as a place where Females could go to become educated a long time ago. They do have some areas where they have a good academic rep.

FSU, where the women are women and the men are too. :nole:

:giggle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb