Pay $25 to hear Pat Dooley's Inside Scoops on UF Football

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So, apparently the Space Coast Gator Club (Brevard County) is having Pat Dooley speak at their big annual kickoff party. Bless their hearts. $25 bucks for Pat's Pearls of Wisdom and a buffet, $20 if you are a club member.

http://www.spacecoastgatorclub.com/events/kickoff

When I was a VP of the Central Florida Gator Club years ago, I was in charge of lining up speakers. We never got Dooley. First of all, he demanded waaay too much money and second of all, he's ****ing Pat Dooley. I didn't want him for any price other than "free" and even then I might have objected.

I feel sorry for those Space Coast guys. I lined up an event for them with Shane Matthews about 4 years ago that was a big hit.

So, would you guys pay to listen to Pat's insider secrets?

As for me:

69bd55442e3ee8ac9c2ba4ac231bbe93.jpg

Alex.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Someone should let the Space Coast Gator Club you can read this board for free. It's way more reputable.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The guy just isn't very good at his job. It's as simple as that. Mediocre writer, mediocre podcaster, mediocre (at best) at everything. He knows very little inside information. Worst of all, he's a braggart that loves to drop the names of the all the famous people he supposedly knows.

Are you trying to tell me with all the young sports journalists out there he's the best they could get? Hundreds (perhaps thousands) of people would line up for a shot at that job.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
If I'm paying $25 for that event the food better be $24.95 of that and a nickle going to Dooley.

And the food better be damn good because the speaker ain't.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
In Orlando, we always booked "Hollywood Bob" for the day after NSD to break it down and that was always very popular. Of course, that's when he had a real insider source (99.99% sure it was Charlie Strong, after Charlie left, no more inside information). That's also when we had top 5 classes every year and folks were excited. The year we got Sharif Floyd, Easley, Ronald Powell, etc. we got a huge turnout.

The best were the former players. Brief intro then cut them loose on Q&A. Chris Leak was one who demanded waaay too much money so I never got him. Maybe that's changed now that he's coaching. I'd really love to hear him.

With the internet, everybody already knows what all the talking heads think. You aren't getting any real new information or insider information. With players, you get to ask somebody like Leak if Meyer played favorites, or ask Doering what if felt like walking into any stadium in the SEC knowing you might drop 50 on them that day, or asking Shane how crazy Rhett really was. Dammit, Rhett is another one. After that 30 for 30 on the inaugural SEC Championship game, his price went up too.

Alex.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
So, apparently the Space Coast Gator Club (Brevard County) is having Pat Dooley speak at their big annual kickoff party. Bless their hearts. $25 bucks for Pat's Pearls of Wisdom and a buffet, $20 if you are a club member.
Alex.

They'd have to pay me way more than $25 to sit through that. Wait.....what? I'd have to pay $25? /(Blank, uncomprehending stare with mouth agape)

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
If I'm paying $25 for that event the food better be $24.95 of that and a nickle going to Dooley.

And the food better be damn good because the speaker ain't.

You just know most of his speech will cover his weekend's ipod listening selections.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I've never heard him say anything I didn't already know. What inside info has he ever provided?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I've never heard him say anything I didn't already know. What inside info has he ever provided?

Just how difficult life can be as a journalist when traveling to bowl games, ncaa tournament, CWS... All those hotels and restaurants (on the newspaper's dime), away from home... Life ain't easy on the road.

heavychevy

water bottle holder
Sep 8, 2014
Any money on Dooley canceling if the sun doesn't get him a rental car?

He's a joke, has a cake job and obviously has some kind of serious dirt on his boss.

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Just how difficult life can be as a journalist when traveling to bowl games, ncaa tournament, CWS... All those hotels and restaurants (on the newspaper's dime), away from home... Life ain't easy on the road.

...And he b!tches about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.