Peach Bowl is sold out

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We got a wild hair up the butt and went to Nashville for the Vandy game, which was their homecoming. I thought there may be 10% orange & blue in the stands... I was shocked to see at least 60%+ Gators there - the announcers were even commenting on it. Nashville is a helluva long drive for most Gators but we showed up!
It's always like that. I've been three times over the years and each time it was like a Gator home game. Nashville being a cool town is the draw. It's much more fun than Atlanta.

UFHealthGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 12, 2017
It's always like that. I've been three times over the years and each time it was like a Gator home game. Nashville being a cool town is the draw. It's much more fun than Atlanta.

Tennessee is odd because I always felt there are more local Gator fans in that state than any other. I even met one while I was living in East Tennessee who was a hardcore Florida fan but has never visited the state of Florida let alone UF.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I think the deal is that if you bought a Peach Bowl ticket this year, you could buy a ticket for the first round playoff game next year. One of those games is in the Peach Bowl:

Sites and Schedules

Thus probably lots of people with little interest this year bought tickets and that is why the secondary markets are flooded.

Do they also project the teams’ allotments as having been sold? Any word of UF’s sales?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I was there too, there was about as much Orange and Blue on the HOME side as Vandy people.

Vandy fans have about quit going to games. Forgot who they were playing this season but there was hardly anyone in the stands.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Do they also project the teams’ allotments as having been sold? Any word of UF’s sales?
I got an email from them Thursday. There’s still plenty of tickets available.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
SeatGeek has the secondary market with lots of selections - Nosebleed endzone cheapest $78 to $500 on the 50. Most are small quantities for adjacent seats.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Thinking now we might have more people than Michigan at this game as they sold their Orange Bowl ticket allotment a lot faster for that 2016 game. I think they are not too motivated for this game.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Thinking now we might have more people than Michigan at this game as they sold their Orange Bowl ticket allotment a lot faster for that 2016 game. I think they are not too motivated for this game.

Good. Let 'em stay home and shovel the driveway. The maize 'n blue crowd in the Outback Bowl on New Years came all that way to watch Harbaugh blow the game to the chimp in a rare Tampa cold drizzle. We were sitting right beside the USCe band and had a fantastic time watching the air get taken out of the Michigan side. I imagine a lot of em are burned out on the idea of following him to another bowl game.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016

I don't know about UF's sales but they probably just allocated whatever they are required to allocate to the two teams next year to the two teams this year.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I don't know about UF's sales but they probably just allocated whatever they are required to allocate to the two teams next year to the two teams this year.

Sounds right, I’m curious if UF sold however many we got. I would thinks so. ATL is a great trip.

I assume Michigan (UMAA?) travels well and has lots of alumni in Atlanta.

Nautigator

Founding Member
Level 11.5 Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Iv'e on two occasions had to buy tickets from scalpers outside the stadium for a Vandy game. The scalpers said this was the only game they worked because of all the Gator fans, they made no money scalping other home games.The stadium always seemed half full of Gators. There are always long lines at their concession stands and bathrooms.
The workers said this was the busiest game for them.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Iv'e on two occasions had to buy tickets from scalpers outside the stadium for a Vandy game. The scalpers said this was the only game they worked because of all the Gator fans, they made no money scalping other home games.The stadium always seemed half full of Gators. There are always long lines at their concession stands and bathrooms.
The workers said this was the busiest game for them.

Nauti, welcome back!!!

Dunder

Dec 31, 2014
So I'm taking the family up to Helen, GA after Christmas and then heading down to Atlanta. I have hotels booked, but no tickets yet. Waiting for the price of four tickets together to plummet. As already mentioned in this tread, some people bought tickets just to be able to get them for the semifinal next year. I expect prices to start coming down next week and then I'll pounce. Worst case is I'll pay the prices as they are now, not like they will go up.

Cheapest tickets seem to be on a website/app called TickPick. Anybody ever use them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.