Penn State's postseason ban lifted effective immediately, full scholarships in '15-16

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just got the notification on my phone. As they say, discuss.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Obviously the ncaa didn't intend on making them serve their sentence. In this case or any that involves the ncaa it's usually the innocent that gets punished anyways. I think the fans and the players who had nothing to do with this were being punished. I don't know exactly how I feel about this.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
Obviously the ncaa didn't intend on making them serve their sentence. In this case or any that involves the ncaa it's usually the innocent that gets punished anyways. I think the fans and the players who had nothing to do with this were being punished. I don't know exactly how I feel about this.
I don't think it sends a good message to the victims though. That part annoys me.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
HMMMMMM. NCAA is consistantly inconsistant. I'm kinda on this fence with this one. I agree with T-Gator most of the time the ramifications come down on the innocent ones.

Thanks for the link Sas!!

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The NCAA sure as hell knew what they were doing with the timing of releasing this decision. Came down about 15 minutes after Ray Rice was released. Hoping nobody is paying attention.

I will say that even when the penalties were levied, the NCAA said there would be room for the penalties to be lessened if the school got their sh*t together, and apparently they have. So while this news seemingly comes out of the blue, it was always a possibility.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator said:
The victims are getting paid big time - most never get a dime when that mess happens to them so they can live with the sanctions being ended imo.

cornbread

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
ncaa sanction committee sucks, they sure as hell threw the book at us in the 80's

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I guess they figured the B1G needed a break after the weekend they had.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n45809 said:
Just got the notification on my phone. As they say, discuss.

You must have that "PSU Shower App".....

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n45866 said:
I agree with T-Gator most of the time the ramifications come down on the innocent ones.
If you don't come down on the "innocents" the "innocents" won't provide compliance for the guilty ones. What are you going to do to Reggie Bush after he's already in the NFL? Tell him he'll never get to use that 4th year of eligibility? That really hurts.

How many people here have said it was ok for Creyer to turn his head on the Hernandez shootings, because he brought us two championships? I've heard it a bunch.

I do like that they let players leave Penn State. That should be common. They can do show causes orders, effectively banning coaches, but many, like Tressel, just move to the NFL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's not really unimportant, it's just not as important as winning football games (and only 8 of them a year at that).

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
The innocents were allowed to leave or knew the ban when they signed up to play for Penn State. This is one of those offenses that should have been carried out in its entirety IMO. We're talking about ruining lives, not just paying a player or something of that nature.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
As a Society we always seem to want to punish everyone near an offense. You are guilty by association, it seems.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
ItsDookie87 said:
The innocents were allowed to leave or knew the ban when they signed up to play for Penn State. This is one of those offenses that should have been carried out in its entirety IMO. We're talking about ruining lives, not just paying a player or something of that nature.
Welcome Dookie! :kiffin:

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome back to "Happy Valley."

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
ItsDookie87 said:
Aren't they always? Thanks for the warm welcomes!

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ItsDookie87 said:
Man, there's just nothing quite like a good dookie! :lol:

Welcome!

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
While they are lucky they did not get the death penalty, they also hit all of the earmarks requested in the Mitchell report. They got shellacked and the NCAA is hesitant to kill programs after SMU never recovered. Remember football funds all of the other sports, men and women.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator