Cooter, Help! Zambo gets Betty too hot

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Today was the day to notch the top runners to slide onto the headers. I’ve been dreading this task. Actually went rather easy and smooth. Not too bad for an idiot armed with only a circular saw.

one side:
FE3-C5-ABE-8566-4959-82-D6-80-A9-B29784-DD.jpg

Then repeat on the other side. Dry fit 2 of them. Fit like a glove:
DF9-BCF37-5704-4-DAA-A46-F-5-E617-FA32-DA6.jpg

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Today was the day to notch the top rafters to slide onto the beams. I’ve been dreading this task. Actually went rather easy and smooth. Not too bad for an idiot armed with only a circular saw.

one side:
FE3-C5-ABE-8566-4959-82-D6-80-A9-B29784-DD.jpg

Then repeat on the other side. Dry fit 2 of them. Fit like a glove:
DF9-BCF37-5704-4-DAA-A46-F-5-E617-FA32-DA6.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Today, as I am sweating my ass off making these final edge angle cuts.... the wife comes out and says, “Will you make a matching one on the other side of the pool?”

Which caused an instant death glare. She just turned away and mumbled, “I’ll take that as a no” :lol:

145471-D7-9-EEA-45-D2-A2-E9-7-B329-A3-D6376.jpg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Today, as I am sweating my ass off making these final edge angle cuts.... the wife comes out and says, “Will you make a matching one on the other side of the pool?”

Which caused an instant death glare. She just turned away and mumbled, “I’ll take that as a no” :lol:

145471-D7-9-EEA-45-D2-A2-E9-7-B329-A3-D6376.jpg
Use your imagination! There is some SERIOUS "bartering" material here... possibly... maybe not... :(

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Use your imagination! There is some SERIOUS "bartering" material here... possibly... maybe not... :(
Listen, chicks are crazy enough to agree to damn near anything. While discussing funny mascot names, had one tell me there was no way a college had a boilermaker as a mascot.
“Wanna bet?”
“Sure...anything cause it’s BS!”
“BJs on demand for a year?”
“You’re on!”

Best
Year
Ever
:bananadance2:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Listen, chicks are crazy enough to agree to damn near anything. While discussing funny mascot names, had one tell me there was no way a college had a boilermaker as a mascot.
“Wanna bet?”
“Sure...anything cause it’s BS!”
“BJs on demand for a year?”
“You’re on!”

Best
Year
Ever
:bananadance2:

college chicks sure. Wives are a little more savvy.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I’ll call this post: you coksucker motherfuker

Looks like a ton of rain this evening so I decided to do an indoor chore instead of applying more stain to the pergola. My daughter’s pocket door has been sticking and damn near impossible to open. So I decided to tackle that.

I love pocket doors and I have installed pocket doors so I know their internals. Based on the behavior of this one, I am thinking the back rollers have somehow come off the track. There is only one way to fix this and I have to cut a hole in the wall for access.

So I make a roughly 6inch by 12 inch hole by the door header where the rear roller should be. I find no issues. Hmmm, maybe the track is somehow bent. So I cut a hole the entire length of the track. Everything is sliding fine.

After opening and closing a few dozen times, I find the problem. The hanging door is not level which is causing some friction. Super easy fix as the rollers have a tiny nut to turn to adjust the height to level. Which I now have easy access to. Make some turns on the nut and it now slides in and out perfectly. I think to myself: I can make one last quarter turn and the door would go from almost perfectly level to perfectly level.

What I should know by now: going back in for a tiny adjustment is usually a bad idea.

I stink my little wrench up there, it slips out of my hand. It falls behind the drywall between the pocket door. Which is maybe a 1 inch gap. I can only stand there in disbelief as I hear it rattling down the inside of wall like the fuking plinko game.

There is about an 1/8 inch crack between the door and the jamb that I can sorta see in there. The wrench has wedged itself in some of the door framing about halfway to the floor. I am so screwed.

I have lots of magnets, maybe I can get it with one of those. Nope. My real fear now is I will knock it loose and it fall even farther. There is only one solution: cut a bigger hole into the wall so I can reach down there and grab it. Which I did. And recovered the wrench.

The problem is the extra hole turned the easy drywall fix into a nightmare drywall fix. But I’ll get it done one day.

At least the door is sliding perfectly now.

This one put me in a bad mood.

9-D70176-E-158-F-4-D8-A-90-F7-7-F033-C6-A06-AD.jpg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I’ll call this post: you coksucker motherfuker

Looks like a ton of rain this evening so I decided to do an indoor chore instead of applying more stain to the pergola. My daughter’s pocket door has been sticking and damn near impossible to open. So I decided to tackle that.

I love pocket doors and I have installed pocket doors so I know their internals. Based on the behavior of this one, I am thinking the back rollers have somehow come off the track. There is only one way to fix this and I have to cut a hole in the wall for access.

So I make a roughly 6inch by 12 inch hole by the door header where the rear roller should be. I find no issues. Hmmm, maybe the track is somehow bent. So I cut a hole the entire length of the track. Everything is sliding fine.

After opening and closing a few dozen times, I find the problem. The hanging door is not level which is causing some friction. Super easy fix as the rollers have a tiny nut to turn to adjust the height to level. Which I now have easy access to. Make some turns on the nut and it now slides in and out perfectly. I think to myself: I can make one last quarter turn and the door would go from almost perfectly level to perfectly level.

What I should know by now: going back in for a tiny adjustment is usually a bad idea.

I stink my little wrench up there, it slips out of my hand. It falls behind the drywall between the pocket door. Which is maybe a 1 inch gap. I can only stand there in disbelief as I hear it rattling down the inside of wall like the fuking plinko game.

There is about an 1/8 inch crack between the door and the jamb that I can sorta see in there. The wrench has wedged itself in some of the door framing about halfway to the floor. I am so screwed.

I have lots of magnets, maybe I can get it with one of those. Nope. My real fear now is I will knock it loose and it fall even farther. There is only one solution: cut a bigger hole into the wall so I can reach down there and grab it. Which I did. And recovered the wrench.

The problem is the extra hole turned the easy drywall fix into a nightmare drywall fix. But I’ll get it done one day.

At least the door is sliding perfectly now.

This one put me in a bad mood.

9-D70176-E-158-F-4-D8-A-90-F7-7-F033-C6-A06-AD.jpg
:lol:

Well, you could hang a picture over it.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
In the future, when working between walls, tie a string to the tool. I coulda warned you had you asked for advice on such a project! - someone who's been there... ;)

To be fair..... I really wasnt. This was a million to one fall.

But after I recovered the wrench I was getting in the last damn turn dammit. I tied some yarn to it. I then went to yank it off and it gave me a small rope burn on my finger. I just put up the wrench with remaining yarn still dangling from it. :lol:

F923-DC5-E-8-F8-D-4-A5-D-869-A-EC0-DE9-A84783.jpg

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
To be fair..... I really wasnt. This was a million to one fall.

But after I recovered the wrench I was getting in the last damn turn dammit. I tied some yarn to it. I then went to yank it off and it gave me a small rope burn on my finger. I just put up the wrench with remaining yarn still dangling from it. :lol:

F923-DC5-E-8-F8-D-4-A5-D-869-A-EC0-DE9-A84783.jpg
:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator