Gator Basketball Perfect in 76

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I remember that season and how good May , Buckner and Wilkerson were. I am not a big Knight fan and as the years passed even less. But it was a great team. I like to imagine our 04 boys matching up. They were driven by BK to play defense at a high level the whole game. Their guards were tough but our inside game kills them. Joakim destroys Benson. They would have no answer for Horford. Corey and Wilkerson are like a matched set. Surely, our fellas deserve a documentary as much as those guys. Billy was at least a very decent human being that coached em up as well as the Knightster did in the 70s. I did not remember UK beating them the year before by 2 in the elite 8. It almost killed Knight.

diss or cuss.........we need SOME basketball convo

Last edited:

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Hard to compare teams that were 30 years apart given the fact that players get bigger, stronger, and quicker as time goes by so speculation is all we have

I agree that our front court would own the paint but let’s not forget how strong Quinn Buckner was and imagine Taurean or Lee trying to guard a guy that powerful.

The key variable is whether the game is officiated by 1970’s style or 2000’s style. Buckner would foul out quickly if they called the game as tight as they do these days

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.