Perine on Butters & Nuss playcalling: 'My grandma can call that out in her sleep'

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, if you know anything about football, the Butters/NussChump offense was easy to predict. No surprises in his comments. My wife, who barely pays attention to the game, was able to call the play correct over 50% of the time.
Honestly, how the hell do you not realize they are running the same damn plays on every first, second and third down? HHow could you miss that?

How the hell did people think we had an offensive genius and a team that was ready for an offensive explosion and all that crap?

wtf

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Despite two trips to SECCG, I think McElwain was worse than Muschamp. Why? Despite his shortcomings, I always felt that (a) Muschamp WANTED to be at UF - he WAS invested in the job and (b) he WAS trying. Perhaps if he had hired some decent offensive coordinators and coaches he would have done better. He DID correct the conduct nonsense that Meyer had allowed to ferment. McElwain? I don't think he really cared from the git-go, and esp the start of last year.
I don't think it was a matter of want with Mac. It was his being organizationally and emotionally not ready to be a head coach in the SEC.

It makes you wonder whether Foley bothered to check with anyone around the league or otherwise about him. His failure couldn't have been a total shock to everyone.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it was a matter of want with Mac. It was his being organizationally and emotionally not ready to be a head coach in the SEC.

It makes you wonder whether Foley bothered to check with anyone around the league or otherwise about him. His failure couldn't have been a total shock to everyone.
The team quit on him in November of the first year.

It was all over at that point.

Once the team mutinies, the captain/CEO whatever never gets it back.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
The team quit on him in November of the first year.

It was all over at that point.

Once the team mutinies, the captain/CEO whatever never gets it back.

I had my suspicions before the FAU game...but when we went to OT vs. a 3-9 FAU team I knew he wasn't worth a sh*t. The UF's of the world don't go to OT vs. 3-9 FAU's of the world. It's that simple. Then the three blowouts in a row....and people would jump all over you if you dare say anything ("It's Muschamp's fault!").

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Butters quit on the team when he learned that his starting running back and star wide receiver would be missing the season, along with all of his depth on defense. He knew it was going to be a dumpster fire of a season. Gave all of his assistants raises and waited to be fired so he could cash in. Genius.

I also think he was a pothead. Dude came from Colorado where it’s recreational legal. You have to admit, he was a strange weirdo who ate a lot of PB&Js and cereal for an adult.

Football and weed don’t mix well at all. Just ask Ricky Williams. If your team has a weed problem, you’ll be soft AF. The Gainesville Greens have ruined many a recruit.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Butters quit on the team when he learned that his starting running back and star wide receiver would be missing the season, along with all of his depth on defense.
He lost a 6td WR and a 6td RB. Let's not pretend it was Fred Taylor and Reidel we lost. Hell, if SOS lost Fred Taylor and Reidel, he would have played Terry Jackson, Eli Williams, and Quez more. Why? Because he recruited a team.

Hell, fatass still had Cleveland and Swain and Perine and Davis. What does it matter when all you throw are three yard screen passes?

The defensive recruits didn't matter at all. They still don't matter. Anyone seen Ventrell Miller since spring practice?

Butters was no more pitiful in 2017 than he was in 2015 and 2016. He was always an incompetent playcaller and game planner and a pathetic, lazy sack of shyt. He just had a little less luck in 2017.

Only an idiot thought that him stealing the SEC east "crown" from Mizzu meant anything.

SamIam MGTOW and talks about weed nonstop. Seems oddly familiar.

Last edited:

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This thread fvkcin pisses me off. You fvkcin b@stards with your fvkcin Butters clips. I oughta take Zambo's fvkcin umbrella to every fvkcin one you fvkcin b@stards.

Technically I don’t own an umbrella. I’d have to borrow one from a sailor.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Butters didn't play freshmen so the defensive recruits didn't matter at all. Hell they still don't matter. Anyone seen Ventrell Miller since spring practice?
What about the more obvious weed theory? He took a serious two level demotion to join a team that stomped his guts out. Weed is also available in Michigan. The guy made no sense like 85% of the time. Got paid millions, but couldn’t handle the pressure without his drug of choice. Laid back, pot smoking, drawing up plays in the stars... it all adds up.

Plus, no starting running back and star receiver one week before season starts. “**** this ****, I’m out,” says McButt.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Youre stoned right now, aren't you?

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Youre stoned right now, aren't you?
1) Not everyone in California is stoned all the time.
2) You can’t prove that.
3) How do think I recognized Butters mental unraveling. UF doctors probably put ol’ Butters on SSRI drugs to cope. Explains the smile after the UGay debacle. (One of the most historically awesome defeats ever to befall our mighty Gators).

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The one that kept defensive coordinators up at night was if the 2nd down run up the middle was going off the right tackle or left tackle.
Yeah, you could always depend on running up the middle, 2nd and long. What a putz.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I agree that Mac knew it was over by the end of year 1. Most of us knew it, but those who didn’t surely knew it by the end of year 2. That’s why going in to year 3 was the most hopeless feeling ever and I was baffled by the optimism of the few stragglers that were left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.