PFF grades Trask/Franks #66 in top QBs on season

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
Trask throws great intermediate routes and reads the middle of the field very well. That’s his biggest advantage over Franks. He’s not a terrific deep ball passer. Not a noodle arm in a Del Rio sense, but Wuerffel was stronger and Danny wasn’t exactly known as a strong armed QB.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d take Kyle over numerous QBs ranked ahead of him and am thrilled he’s a Gator and stepped up big time this year. But who can deny he is prone to 2 or 3 WTF throws per game.? Especially on long balls and out routes from what I remember. So that fits having something like 18-24 interceptable passes per season. I think his 25-7 TD/INT has a bit of luck factored in on the int end. DBs don’t have great hands, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Kyle throws twice as many picks next season.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Don't know if I could tell if he could throw the deep ball. Can't remember more than a handful of times I can remember him having 3 to 4 seconds and a clean pocket to step into to throw it deep. Usually off a back foot or on the move..

GatorKen714

May 24, 2018
That's a garbage ranking most of the QB's ahead of him weren't even division one let alone playing against SEC Defenses. Give me a break.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
The true test is name 10 QBs you would have rather than Trask.

It would be harder than you think. And remember, this is his first year starting college football. Burrow was pretty damn pedestrian last year with essentially the same team on O.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's a garbage ranking most of the QB's ahead of him weren't even division one let alone playing against SEC Defenses. Give me a break.
classic football forum post.

which quarterbacks were not in division 1?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I doubt they factored in the fact he only had about 2.5 seconds on most throws to get a read and throw.
That would actually be a very interesting stat... "average time to release" for all plays. His number would be very low and you'd ASSUME that QB stats are a fairly direct correlation to that time. It kinda reminds me of how the Russians changed how the Red Wings looked at stats... instead of all the traditional ones, they found that "amount of time puck was on the stick" was huge, but in opposite way... the more time the puck was on the stick, the more good things happened (as opposed to what hockey was before: dump the puck in the other guys end, then chase it).

Old Mossback Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
They state that their criteria include strength of schedule, value towards a team victory and player's effect [sic] on their [sic] teams offense

In my book, Kyle Trask is a top 10 QB based on those 3 criteria.

They also say that they grade based on avoidance of negatively "graded" plays and propensity for positively "graded" plays

Personally, I "grade" plays on their outcome whether positive or negative - results speak for themselves.

Apparently, they "grade" on something other than results.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They state that their criteria include strength of schedule, value towards a team victory and player's effect [sic] on their [sic] teams offense

In my book, Kyle Trask is a top 10 QB based on those 3 criteria.

They also say that they grade based on avoidance of negatively "graded" plays and propensity for positively "graded" plays

Personally, I "grade" plays on their outcome whether positive or negative - results speak for themselves.

Apparently, they "grade" on something other than results.
Im sure the pro scouts have no clue.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Pro Scouts have a wonderful record in predicting draft placement and later success!

:headslap:

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
Don't know if I could tell if he could throw the deep ball. Can't remember more than a handful of times I can remember him having 3 to 4 seconds and a clean pocket to step into to throw it deep. Usually off a back foot or on the move..

That’s a good point. Thank goodness quick reads are a strength of Trask. Would be nice to see how he fairs with more pocket time.

Great White Buffalo

Lifetime Member
Dec 7, 2017
On that note ,Cam Mellor, the jackwagon that wrote the article and is the "Lead College Football Analyst" at PFF, is a phvkking dirty hole. Phvkk him and clown u.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You'll note many of the starting QB's in the NFL were relatively unknown in college.

You mean guys who have lesser talent around them, they have to make NFL type throws because their receivers aren't good enough to get great separation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.