PGA: 2014

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n26388 said:
Tiger is going to be crippled in 2 years.

As far as his ego is concerned Edrick has been crippled for over 6 years by not winning a Major.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Whoa. Rory McIlroy is leading the pack of some hungry dogs barking to show the world another example of the changing of the guard from the Tiger Woods era. You've got Bernd Wiesberger from Austria only one shot back. Ricky Fowler 2 shots back while Phil the Thrill and Jason Day are only 3 shots out of the lead. Add to the mix 6 other golfers within striking distance of 4 or 5 shots. It's going to be a quite a scramble of players making astounding shots and moving up the leader-board today. Fasten your safety belts and enjoy the ride.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fowler just birdied to go to 15 under. Phil is one back. This has been a great final round so far. Really hope they can finish it tonight.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Phil just birdied to tie the lead of Fowler at 15 under.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n27565 said:
Tiger who? Rory is right on pace with Jack.

Exactly. There will always be a new "superstar" to take the spotlight, but the game remains the same. Amazing, huh?

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n28040 said:
Exactly. There will always be a new "superstar" to take the spotlight, but the game remains the same. Amazing, huh?
Like i Said earlier in this thread, Golf never goes long without a charismatic superstar that fans can latch on to. It looks like Fowler is making a push for that too. His only crime is having to play against a red hot Rory right now.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Wait a minute. Mum's the word for the GCMB. No thought provoking comments from anyone about one of the most spectacular golf Majors in many a year? Was theire a statewide jorts sale in Florida yesterday? Unbelievable!. On second thought...very believable. So wake up and get with the program or better yet let me narrate the proceedings.

Wow. What a battle yesterday! The shotmakiing was superb. Ricky Fowler, Lefty, Henrik Stenson and McIlroy all charging to the top of the leader board with dramatic outstanding golf shots. The championship turned on McIlroy 3 wood blast on the Par 5 10th, an uncharacteristic low line drive that rolled all the way to 7 feet to the left of the hole. He calmly made the eagle put cutting the lead to one . McIlroy was relentless chasing Mickelson and Fowler who were both on their game. Not only was this a dynamic exciting PGA but the audience and players were priveliged to expericne a bizare surreal ending. Because of the rain delay the final player were courting darkness which triggered the unprecedented foursome ending the 18th hole scrambling to get in before night. Mcilroy stepped up and launched a drive that came perilously close to the water hazard. Just a few more feet to the right and he could have lost the tournament with that one hurried shot.

With that victory Mcilray has reached elite status. It remains to be seen if he ,makes a storied run with this. One thing's for sure, Puddy Tat fans your grim faced balding boy even in his prime never drove the gall as high, far or straight as Rory Mcilroy. The Tiger Wood era has officially ended.

Interesting developments from yesterday's PGA....

Rory McIlory joined a small exclsudive club of professioal golfers who won 4 Major titles by the age of 25, a list that includes Bobby Jones, Jack Niclaus and Edrick Woods.

Ricky Fowler was in the top 5 of every Major in 2014 a feat that had been only accomplished by two golfers by the names of, Nicklaus and Woods. Appears that Ricky will be the next American golf star expected to make a run in every Major.

I was thinking Phil the Thrill had a chance to be the olderst winner of the PGA. After taking a walkabout on the Internet I discovered Julius Boros was not only the oldest winner of the PGA Championship but the oldest winner of any Major in the modern era at 48. He won the 1968 PGA one shot ahead of runner-up Arnold Palmer.the great "Arne" shockingly never won the PGA which doomed him to being shut out of a career Grand Slam.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And yet, in terms of viewership, nobody cared. And as far as a bump in the popularity of the game. nothing will come of it. This was as exciting a finish as there can be...great golf, great golfers, and tons of drama. And nobody really cared. And that is my point...

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator;n28180 said:
And yet, in terms of viewership, nobody cared. And as far as a bump in the popularity of the game. nothing will come of it. This was as exciting a finish as there can be...great golf, great golfers, and tons of drama. And nobody really cared. And that is my point...

Agree completely!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r;n28187 said:
No one really cared? :lol:

Yeah, ok. SMH

Over-reach.... Obviously some do care.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think very highly of the skill of Rory McIlroy, Rickie Fowler, and several others. I'm just saying that people are not going to stop whatever they are doing in order to watch them on TV. Golf fans yes...regular people, no. But they did for Woods...

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If people didn't tune in to that weekend of golf simply because Tiger wasn't playing, then they don't appreciate the game at all. That was some fun golf to watch! I'm just sad I wasn't in front of the TV on Sunday, only got to watch about 30 minutes towards the end. If you want to say because Tiger isn't playing it's not fun to watch, then you're fooling yourself, or you're way too hung up on Tiger's nuts.

Gulfstream

Founding Member
Mr. Breeze
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n28213 said:
If people didn't tune in to that weekend of golf simply because Tiger wasn't playing, then they don't appreciate the game at all. That was some fun golf to watch! I'm just sad I wasn't in front of the TV on Sunday, only got to watch about 30 minutes towards the end. If you want to say because Tiger isn't playing it's not fun to watch, then you're fooling yourself, or you're way too hung up on Tiger's nuts.

:exactly:

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If Rory keeps going like he is, and someone like Fowler keeps improving to challenge him, the casual viewers will come back. For now though they are missing out on some great golf.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Actually, I am a fan and watch golf every week. It is not me and the other true golf fans that this is about...I don't understand why ya'll don't get it. Golf fans watch golf. In order to grow the game, non-golf fans need to be attracted to the game. In spite of great golf being played and new stars emerging, that is not happening.

Alvin York

Founding Member
Ultimate Gator Nemesis
BANNED
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
McIlroy to be on the Tonight Show along with Puddy Tat, the Future and the Past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.