Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just say I'm not surprised to see Ancient Reptile rush to byrd's defense. It's possible the two of them are related (or perhaps lovers), as the IP's are coming from the same household.
I knew it.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's actually not a professor. He's just the guy who cleans out the litter boxes. It's a transitional job until he goes to work behind the counter at PetSmart.

giphy.gif

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Let's just say I'm not surprised to see Ancient Reptile rush to byrd's defense. It's possible the two of them are related (or perhaps lovers), as the IP's are coming from the same household.
Not true Ox. My wife doesn't use the internet. And you still haven't answered the question.
Finally, it occurred to me that in defining BDS, Byrd may have thought that I was suggesting he had Trump's unattractive characteristics. That is not the case. If so interpreted, I apologize. As far as I can see, he is merely persistent and has borne repeated misrepresenration with equanimity.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Not true Ox. My wife doesn't use the internet. And you still haven't answered the question.
I stand by my answer. We would have had the same record even with those players. Mac had already lost the team, with or without that incident.

Sundaysunday

Jul 27, 2014
I don’t know what is worse, the turn the thread took or the fact that I read through all 124 posts.

For the record Mac sucked but I think the difference in a few players might have been enough to beat LSU.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac's worst weaknesses are as a recruiter and talent developer. In year 3 he added poor play calling. To be fair when he had developed talent at Bama , CSU and UF( in year one at UF) he outperformed the critics.

In year three due to suspensions, injuries and poor recruiting Mac hit a low in talent. Mac needs developed talent to win. Due in part to his failures he hit rock bottom on talent. .

I said he failed as a coach long term and is a terrible recruiter and developer of talent but he was the missing players like this one below who could have made a difference in his close games last season.

Do you swallow the whole load when you hang out with butters?

A little confusing on why you keep pumping Mac when the only way you say he can win is with developed talent. And since Calloway and Scarlett were his players that weren’t being developed, how could they have made a difference?

Last edited:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This thread is awesome. This is what we mean by "sports bar" atmosphere.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Sum y'all need to get to those cheerleaders down on the field. They pump too much.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
You could see in his interviews the 2 time SEC EAST champ knew it was over when he found out about the scandal. Mac had put a lot of eggs in the Scarlett, Harris and Callaway basket.

Their loss allowed defenses to play UF differently and opposing offenses picked on our walk on LB and safety due to senior Harris's loss.

UGA would have beaten UF IRREGARDLESS but the close games are a different story.
So, it sounds like we should be thanking Scarlett and Callaway for getting the bum fired.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Harris? bird is blaming the loss of Harris?

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
The credit card scandal and injuries wiped out well over 10% of our roster, and many players in the two deep. Not saying that makes Butters a good coach, and I’m not even saying he should have been retained. I think losses that amount to the equivalent of being on probation did have an effect on our record.

Diminishing that as if it is nothing is just being irrational because you have an ax to grind.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The credit card scandal and injuries wiped out well over 10% of our roster, and many players in the two deep. Not saying that makes Butters a good coach, and I’m not even saying he should have been retained. I think losses that amount to the equivalent of being on probation did have an effect on our record.

Diminishing that as if it is nothing is just being irrational because you have an ax to grind.

In year 3, a handful of players shouldn’t have that much of an impact. If it did, it’s an indictment on his recruiting. Not to mention the alleged ring leaders were all his guy. We roasted Meyer when players threw sandwiches, removed a boot, or unilaterally took back their towed vehicle. These guys had so much respect for their HC and UF they intentionally stole people's credit card info for selfish gain, then passed their ideas down to incoming freshmen. Again, whether you want to blame the depth issues on his inability to recruit or his complete lack of control, in any event, it’s indefensible.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018

EXACTLY! I am glad Mac is gone also but losing 3 NFL caliber players would hurt any coach in a close game. Eyore does have an axe to grind .

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
In year 3, a handful of players shouldn’t have that much of an impact.
Leading the NCAA in suspensions/injuries is not just a handful. Mac was a lousy recruiter and developer of talent but that was another level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.