Pickup Truck Guys/Girls

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The real question is.... do I put a thin orange pin stripe down it?

Like this pic... but orange:
cache_896967341.JPG

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You are 100% dead on. But I had already committed to myself that I wouldnt perform another major/expensive repair on my truck. Sure as crap... all hell broke lose yesterday morning on the drive into work. After talking with my awesome friend who is also my awesome mechanic... best case was $1500. I had this one reserved for me by 2.

MSRP is $50,555. Fuking ridiculous. I can buy a car with my Amex thorugh TrueCar. They were saying invoice is 42, but they could secure a price of 40,000. Mullinax strait up asked for $37,100 on their website. Zero other fees, just tag transfer and tax. And then they gave my 4k for my truck that I basically had to push into their lot. So all in all... cant complain. My old truck was pretty good to me for 15 years, but it was time to put her down.
It's damn nice, isn't it? These new trucks are sick.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
.After talking with my awesome friend who is also my awesome mechanic... best case was $1500. I had this one reserved for me by 2.

MSRP is $50,555. Fuking ridiculous. I can buy a car with my Amex thorugh TrueCar. They were saying invoice is 42, but they could secure a price of 40,000. Mullinax strait up asked for $37,100 on their website. Zero other fees, just tag transfer and tax. And then they gave my 4k for my truck that I basically had to push into their lot. .
So... you spent 37k so you didn't have to pay $1500?

It's a sweet truck, no doubt. I love that color. You should color wrap the hood!

I actually started going thru repairs with an Expedition Eddie Bauer. Loved the truck but those fggging coil on plugs were a bear and cost an arm and a leg for each one. I got rid of it and took a $5k bath, bc the headaches were too much. Had several other problems with it.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So... you spent 37k so you didn't have to pay $1500?

It's a sweet truck, no doubt. I love that color. You should color wrap the hood!

I actually started going thru repairs with an Expedition Eddie Bauer. Loved the truck but those fggging coil on plugs were a bear and cost an arm and a leg for each one. I got rid of it and took a $5k bath, bc the headaches were too much. Had several other problems with it.

Well, it's taken a few days for the physicist in me to get move past that. It was obviously much more than that. Like you said... the small headaches were just never ending. But I could live with those as long as she was running well and up to the next major repair.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
Me too. Started with a 200sx in 1984. Owned plenty since. Plus some Fords. Drive Infiniti now. Q70L. Absolutley love it. Between the wife and I we have had a couple F150’s, 2 Explorers, a 500, 4 Maximas, two Z’s and 4 Infiniti’s. The Nissan products have held up and held their values.

I love Infiniti. I had a G37 that was one of my favorite cars ever. I love the Q70 and almost got one. Right now I either drive the F250 or Jeep I posted last night. In the market soon for a car...I want the Q70 but the wife wants a Benz convertible. Trading in her Land Rover so she’ll probably win.

My issue is you see a Benz at every traffic light in SoFla but you could drive all day and not see another Q70.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I love Infiniti. I had a G37 that was one of my favorite cars ever. I love the Q70 and almost got one. Right now I either drive the F250 or Jeep I posted last night. In the market soon for a car...I want the Q70 but the wife wants a Benz convertible. Trading in her Land Rover so she’ll probably win.

My issue is you see a Benz at every traffic light in SoFla but you could drive all day and not see another Q70.
How much do you have invested in aftermarket on the Jeep? I like those LED headlights.

I want a toy but I'm too damn cheap.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
How much do you have invested in aftermarket on the Jeep? I like those LED headlights.

I want a toy but I'm too damn cheap.

I bought the Jeep a little over a year ago-as is for about $6500. It’s a 1997. It needed a new windshield and the exhaust manifold was cracked but the seller gave me both to install included. I’ve spent maybe $2000 mostly on the interior. The 97’s came with a green and beige interior. I blacked out everything....dash, glove, console, floor board, door panels....and then put on black and blue seat covers and a new stereo system and of course some Gator floor mats. Looks a thousand times better.

It is just a toy. I haven’t been off road much with it although where I live in the sticks it’s all dirt roads. I drive it local mostly. It’s got 190k miles on it but has been well maintained over the years. Then again my F250 has 222k miles on it and it’s still going strong.

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Lightbars before lockers huh? Just messing wit ya. :grin: 20131111_173213.jpg

For those who don't know Jeeps have more accessories available than probably any other vehicle. One outfit alone has a nearly 7/16th inch thick catalog just for 07 up JK models, Bigger than their 41-06 catalog. My 08 JK with a "few" mods.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I bought the Jeep a little over a year ago-as is for about $6500. It’s a 1997. It needed a new windshield and the exhaust manifold was cracked but the seller gave me both to install included. I’ve spent maybe $2000 mostly on the interior. The 97’s came with a green and beige interior. I blacked out everything....dash, glove, console, floor board, door panels....and then put on black and blue seat covers and a new stereo system and of course some Gator floor mats. Looks a thousand times better.
It looks pretty damned good for what you got into it.

jeeping8r

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
That a 4 or 6 cylinder?
Good 4.0 TJs are going for around 8-10K, Know of one they want 12+ but it's in perfect shape, One of my customers
LJs (unlimited stretched TJ) 4.0 are 2-4K more
TJ Rubicons another 2-3+
And the holy grail of the TJ line is the LJ Rubicon, Good ones start at 20 in most cases but there's a few steals out there.
Even 4 cylinder TJs are going for 6+

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
That a 4 or 6 cylinder?
Good 4.0 TJs are going for around 8-10K, Know of one they want 12+ but it's in perfect shape, One of my customers
LJs (unlimited stretched TJ) 4.0 are 2-4K more
TJ Rubicons another 2-3+
And the holy grail of the TJ line is the LJ Rubicon, Good ones start at 20 in most cases but there's a few steals out there.
Even 4 cylinder TJs are going for 6+

jeeping8r

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Nice toy... Mine is definitely not that clean

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
My first new vehicle was a 93 Cherokee with that engine. I could FINALLY pass without worrying. Loved that machine. Vinyl seats and rubber floors. We kids from the beach were no problem. A sheet of plywood fit with the back seat laid down. In 20 yrds I could get it to jump the railroad crossing at the grandparents and get airborn.( my two kids loved that) Most impressive thing I ever saw was it pulling our 22ft Aquasport up the Cedar Key boat ramp covered in slick vegatation. I JUST knew it would drag me into the lagoon. And it was only two wheel drive. INlaws got a fckn MINIVAN and my cherokee days were over cause we had to have one.
now my real question:
1968-Mercury-Ranger-M-250-3.jpg

DID any of you know about this. A Mercury PU. Saw it on an old Robert Redoford movie. Apparently they made em in Canada.
I want one. If was wealthy I would have one just like it.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
My first new vehicle was a 93 Cherokee with that engine. I could FINALLY pass without worrying. Loved that machine. Vinyl seats and rubber floors. We kids from the beach were no problem. A sheet of plywood fit with the back seat laid down. In 20 yrds I could get it to jump the railroad crossing at the grandparents and get airborn.( my two kids loved that) Most impressive thing I ever saw was it pulling our 22ft Aquasport up the Cedar Key boat ramp covered in slick vegatation. I JUST knew it would drag me into the lagoon. And it was only two wheel drive. INlaws got a fckn MINIVAN and my cherokee days were over cause we had to have one.
now my real question:
1968-Mercury-Ranger-M-250-3.jpg

DID any of you know about this. A Mercury PU. Saw it on an old Robert Redoford movie. Apparently they made em in Canada.
I want one. If was wealthy I would have one just like it.

Cool memories. I remember (reluctantly) when we went through the minivan phase. Hated that damn thing. But it was convenient with 3 youngins all about a year apart. Giving them all there own row was a godsend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.