Pics from the game with N. Tejas

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
First I will say, there were more empty seats for this game than any I can remember. Pitiful turnout for a team that most of us believe is resurrecting itself from the chump years. Is this a reflection of the economy? Excitement about the team? The coach? :dunno:

I hate seeing Del Rio go down with an injury. He's a good guy and I think he was the clear leader of the offense. I think he has what it take between the ears to run the offense and he knows where to go with the ball. Unfortunately he's just not very physically gifted. He just doesn't have the athletic ability, arm strength or size to take over a game and will the team to scores. He drops back and stands in one spot and looks for his receivers. If he gets moved off that spot he panics and throws off his back foot. He also throws a lot of passes late and the receivers rarely get a chance to run after the catch.

This game was a lot like the UMass game in the that coaches seem determined to go against what is working and force Del Rio to do things just to see the outcome. They also continue the freaking RB shuffle. Pick 2 guys and stick with it. It seems every time a RB gets into the flow in a series he pulls them out and puts another guy in.

Thompson is probably the best back but he does make some mistakes that make you scratch you head. Perine is a close second and seems to be doing things right but they pull him out on passing downs which tells me they do not trust his pass blocking. Cronk seems to be the best pass protector. Scarlett probably has the most speed however we don't have a back that is capably of taking it to the house on any given play. I hope we can find one this recruiting season.

Other than Callaway so far we don't have anyone capable of breaking a big play. This causes the defenses to play us tight and just keep everything in front of them. Which is why we seem to plod along on offense and then sputter when we get on a short field. This will make Law cringe but we desperately need a Demps, Rainy waterbug type back that will cause a defense to back off a bit.

20160917_192620.jpg

Last edited:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
First I will say, there were more empty seats for this game than any I can remember. Pitiful turnout for a team that most of us believe is resurrecting itself from the chump years. Is this a reflection of the economy? Excitement about the team? The coach?
Reflection of who we were playing. People don't want to spend money to see what should be lopsided games, not when there is so much tv coverage now.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
20160917_205034.jpg

CeCe only plays a handful of downs a game. He must be 3rd string. He's definitely not in the starting rotation.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I have some videos I'll post a s soon as I can get them uploaded.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My phone died by halftime. Don't have anything after that. :(
:facepalm:

Bro, you can get external backup battery chargers for like 10 bucks lol

You better have taken a bunch of pics of cheerleaders before the game and that killed your battery ;)

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
For the sake of the discussion (and with no ill will) I do not see Thompson as our best back. He looks really slow hitting the holes, and with his size I would expect him delivering more punishment when he runs. He just doesn't appear to dominate when he runs. Cronkite and Scarlett are the most skilled. Perine is the future.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The reason for the poor attendance must be the state of the program because the democrats tell me the economy is booming and they would never lie so...........

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
For the sake of the discussion (and with no ill will) I do not see Thompson as our best back. He looks really slow hitting the holes, and with his size I would expect him delivering more punishment when he runs. He just doesn't appear to dominate when he runs. Cronkite and Scarlett are the most skilled. Perine is the future.
I can see that. Thompson is definitely an odd back. He's the biggest back on the the team but seems to hate contact. They need to teach him to use that size and strength to run some guys over. But he doesn't do that, he looks to get around the end or hurdle a guy :lol: before lowering his shoulder. Except when he has the play is set up and blocked to the outside like the 4th and 1 play and then he decides to cut it up and run into traffic. :crazy:

But he has good vision and speed and usually hits the hole better than the Jordon's. I think any of the 4 backs are capable of carrying the load for us. I just wish the coaches would settle on a couple and let them get into a rhythm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator