Pineiro to participate in Pro Day

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, most are free agents, which is why it wouldn't hurt him not to declare initially.

By rule you have have been available for a draft or a supplemental draft to be picked up as a Free Agent. Currently he isn't eligible for either of those two options.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah. He's not going anywhere. More than likely he is just getting an idea for where in the draft where he will go next year.

Very rarely does a kicker go in the first round. Unless you're the Raiders or the Bucs.

He will be a third round pick at the earliest. But he will have to get much more experience and become markedly better with short kicks.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
A kicker would be wise to leave early if he thinks he'll be drafted at all. No kicker thinks he's going in the high rounds. He's talented enough to get drafted, in my opinion.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
By rule you have have been available for a draft or a supplemental draft to be picked up as a Free Agent. Currently he isn't eligible for either of those two options.
Dougie, Im typing real slowly bc I know you dont think too fast. All he has to do, by rule to be eligible for the supplemental draft is be ineligible to play in NCAA, which can happen as simply as signing with an agent. I realize that he hasnt done that YET, to our knowledge.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Dougie, Im typing real slow bc I know you dont think too fast. All he has to do, by rule to be eligible for the supplemental draft is be ineligible to play in NCAA, which can happen as simply as signing with an agent. I realize that he hasnt done that YET, to our knowledge.

I'll type this slow since you are a donkey... re-read my post and you will see the words "Currently he isn't eligible". Which means "currently" also known as "at this time" he isn't eligible for one of those two options. Now go back to drinking, because you are responding like you have already started.

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I would think that NFL teams will be slower than normal to use a valuable draft pick on any college kicker (at least for a while) since Aguayo acquitted himself so well in his rookie season after being "over-drafted" by the Bucs.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I would think that NFL teams will be slower than normal to use a valuable draft pick on any college kicker (at least for a while) since Aguayo acquitted himself so well in his rookie season after being "over-drafted" by the Bucs.

I see what you did there!!!!!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Yeah. He's not going anywhere. More than likely he is just getting an idea for where in the draft where he will go next year.

Very rarely does a kicker go in the first round. Unless you're the Raiders or the Bucs.

He will be a third round pick at the earliest. But he will have to get much more experience and become markedly better with short kicks.

I agree but perhaps it is an opportunity to get in some more practice, perhaps with other coaches watching and commenting, and it might just be fun to be out there with some of your team mates for one more time.

Not everything or every body is only motivated by money, or at least I hope they are not.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility he could go in rounds 5-7. He has elite leg strength.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility he could go in rounds 5-7. He has elite leg strength.

If he went out this year, i think he would be in that range. If he got his short to intermediate accuracy up to NFL levels he is a 3-4 round pick. For a kicker that is a lot of money to leave on the table.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If he went out this year, i think he would be in that range. If he got his short to intermediate accuracy up to NFL levels he is a 3-4 round pick. For a kicker that is a lot of money to leave on the table.
Despite the idiocy of the Bucs, I think it's becoming increasingly more rare to see kickers drafted that high. 5-7 is a lot more likely.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Despite the idiocy of the Bucs, I think it's becoming increasingly more rare to see kickers drafted that high. 5-7 is a lot more likely.

This past year with the moving back of the extra point, special kickers will be drafted higher. How many missed extra points effected games last year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This past year with the moving back of the extra point, special kickers will be drafted higher. How many missed extra points effected games last year.
If I am not universally agreed with, I am taking my ball and going home. :cry:

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
He's not going anywhere, with this archaic offense he'll probably get a chance to kick 30-40 field goals this year, might even make the 1st round next year.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Signed with Barcelona earlier today.
whid.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.