Player Development Myth

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
Alagator;88684 said:
Gatoravatara;n88489 said:
First of all, Muschamp is not reading this vitriol. Second, he deserves the vitriol. He is a highly paid dumb ass coach who stubbornly refused to change his failed philosophy, asking people about midlines and backing JD to the end, just because his ego. He deserves to be piled on. This is the place to do it. Our new coach, I'll be behind 100,000%, assuming Foley doesnt blow it again. Foley deserves some of the pile on as well. Those extensions were shady, and not required. It was his way of saying we are going to make it very expensive to fire Muschamp so deal with it. He will be here for a very long time. Muschamp did not deserve the extension by any objective standard, and the way Foley did that was very shady. It was his low point. Very, very shady.
Alrighty then. If we ever have an election for a Hate Will Muschamp club, I'm voting you for president and Law can be your VP. You have definitely been outspoken. I'll give you that.
Jesus, how many clubs is Law in?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n88676 said:
The sample size is too small to draw a conclusion based on the number of draft picks alone. Your posts make it sound like you believe it's definitive proof that WM is just as good at developing talent as Meyer and Spurrier. Your stat is not irrelevant, but it also doesn't tell the whole story.

I happen to agree. Just another perspective against the backdrop of the comments suggesting just the opposite.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gatoravatara;n88697 said:
You like Muschamp? Why?

:eek:

My Gawd, man. Read my above comments and get back to me. I have been very clear about where I stand.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ATXGator;n88177 said:
Robinson hasn't been hurt, he is looked at as the only playmaker on the team. If you wanted to say Fulwood or Pittman, then maybe, but Robinson has performed well and has gotten recognized for it. How has he been hurt?

Pittman has no business being here. He had 25 catches his senior year. He played for north Marion highschool. Nicknamed cow patty high (it's literally in the middle of a cowfield) I'll never understand how he got d1 offers

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n88322 said:
The point is if you fast-forward 3 or so seasons(assuming he was still here) that number would be substantially less. Blame it on recruiting, player development, or anything else. But the fact remains that we have become less talented across the board in each season he's been here(OL might be an exception) and that's largely because we've regressed from Elam to Gorman, Floyd for Cummings, Reed for Westbrook/Burton, etc.

That's just reality.

Sofia you're smart man

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
t-gator;88704 said:
ATXGator;n88177 said:
Robinson hasn't been hurt, he is looked at as the only playmaker on the team. If you wanted to say Fulwood or Pittman, then maybe, but Robinson has performed well and has gotten recognized for it. How has he been hurt?
Pittman has no business being here. He had 25 catches his senior year. He played for north Marion highschool. Nicknamed cow patty high (it's literally in the middle of a cowfield) I'll never understand how he got d1 offers
T, that may be the worst reason I have ever heard for a player not deserving a scholly :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n88704 said:

You make it sound like no high school out of Ocala is deserving. Regardless the number of catches, have you any idea how many athletes we've recruited out of that area over the years?

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I could care less about the draft picks and it's the position coaches that would be more responsible for this suspect comparison of HC player development. Will Muschamp's teams look and play horrible. They show up looking unprepared. They fold like a wet tent. There is no season peak of play which is indicative of good coaching. There is no player becoming a rising star which is indicative of development.That's all that matters.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n88724 said:
I could care less about the draft picks and it's the position coaches that would be more responsible for this suspect comparison of HC player development. Will Muschamp's teams look and play horrible. They show up looking unprepared. They fold like a wet tent. There is no season peak of play which is indicative of good coaching. There is no player becoming a rising star which is indicative of development.That's all that matters.

Yes, yes. Muschamp sucks. And he'll be history soon enough. Hopefully his replacement will return us back to college football glory.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n88675 said:
:shake: WM will have only been here 4 years. It was a comparison of the first 4 years of each coach listed (3 for Zook) But you will notice I listed all 6 years of the UM era.

This is what I thought was interesting. Even though WM will have been here 4 years at the end of this season, you only have 3 years of draft numbers for him. So you could have taken his 3 years and compared them to 3 years from Zook and Meyer, but he would have been last. You could have also taken all 6 years from Meyer, which again would have put WM last. Wasn't really sure where 4 came from as you could pick 12 from SOS, 6 from Meyer, and 3 from both Zook and Muschamp.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n88710 said:
T, that may be the worst reason I have ever heard for a player not deserving a scholly :lol:

ok school location probably doesn't matter lol. But seriously he's was practically invisible in highschool.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n88720]

You make it sound like no high school out of Ocala is deserving. Regardless the number of catches, have you any idea how many athletes we've recruited out of that area over the years?[/QUOTE]
Ok I definitely painted the wrong picture. He sucked in highschool. It being a podunk school is irrelevant. I didn't mean Ocala doesn't produce athletes

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Alagator;n88647 said:
And then we were off to the races.......... Which is why I started this thread. And to answer Law's assertion I listed the numbers of draftees for 15 or more years...
So I said "make the NFL" and you answered with "drafted" and you think helps?

Forget it.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
What 2013-2014 Gator film highlights are NFL evaluators going to study?
Seems to me, if one steps back & looks-thinks, one can legitimately feel sorry for Muschamp and family? This has to
be the most sorrowful stretch of the Muschamp family's life. They're sliding into a sinkhole, in the publicity spotlight.
He's got to be in misery.

Don't some of these posted personal shots at WM match those Facebook postings that drive some teens to suicide?

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
So without reading through all this I assume that the general consensus is that the thread title is correct and player development under Muschanp as been a myth.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n88734 said:
This is what I thought was interesting. Even though WM will have been here 4 years at the end of this season, you only have 3 years of draft numbers for him. So you could have taken his 3 years and compared them to 3 years from Zook and Meyer, but he would have been last. You could have also taken all 6 years from Meyer, which again would have put WM last. Wasn't really sure where 4 came from as you could pick 12 from SOS, 6 from Meyer, and 3 from both Zook and Muschamp.

Oh boy....Will Muschamp has 4 seasons, but since this one isn't finished...we haven't had a 4th draft. Also, pretty sure I did compile 6 years for UM and it actually dropped by 0.25. Think I actually posted it as well. It's not a conspiracy here fellas. And I have no skin in the game. I posted the link so go look for yourselves. I also added an edit to my post with a disclaimer, and I am not a statistician. What I find is so funny is the kind of response that comes from anything that doesn't look at WM in the worst possible light. It's really quite amusing.

Here's something for ya...You'll see one year WM had only 2 draftees. You can string him up for that. But then again, a closer look down the line shows that Steve Spurrier also had a year with only 2 draftees (1993). With that in mind, yes, stats can be skewed... go look at them for yourself and have a ball with'em.

Note: As I have already said, I calculated the first 4 years for SOS... but also showed his last few years because I found it interesting. Looks like the trend has been pretty even through his last 4 years all the way through today. But it has really been pretty consistent since his arrival. Didn't look pre SOS. Check out the link for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.