Warning: Political Takes Players opting out of the 2020 season?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Meant that as “yeah” but I’m revising it to “you ass” because it fits better.

4b464714-d56e-4806-939b-183cf38a119e_text.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bunch of tough guys on this thread.
A bunch of us tough guys have been doing our jobs all along, not hiding in our basements or believing bull**** from CNN.

if the China flu doesn't spread during riots, street parties, or soccer games it won't spread at a football game either.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I say let em go. If they're too scared to play, then they aren't the kind of player we want on the field anyway. Winners aren't scared of anything. Losers find excuses to quit or avoid conflict. That's just how the world goes 'round.

Agreed

It also means they can’t read.
If a player is literate they understand that there is no real danger

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
A bunch of us tough guys have been doing our jobs all along, not hiding in our basements or believing bull**** from CNN.

if the China flu doesn't spread during riots, street parties, or soccer games it won't spread at a football game either.

You obviously get your news from Fox and friends. What hospital do you work at? What do you do in healthcare? What intrinsic knowledge do you have on any this other than perusing a message board and watching/reading conservative propaganda?

Who gives a crap whether a player wants to sit out? Why does it matter to any of you? Other than you all trying to fit everything in your tiny political boxes.

I can’t go ANYWHERE on this message board. ANYWHERE online without some sort of political propaganda getting espoused CONSTANTLY.

Do I think that CNN is waging a Corona Fear war against Trump? Yes. Of course.

Do I begrudge somebody for making a healthcare decision to protect themselves? No.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I mean why can’t I go on this board and and just talk about sports? Gator sports?

Why does every thread have to be inundated with politics?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I mean why can’t I go on this board and and just talk about sports? Gator sports?

Why does every thread have to be inundated with politics?

I agree with you. Unfortunately there is an intertwining here that's almost inescapable. The whole new reality we're facing has made me almost stopped caring about sports all together, which is something I never would've dreamed of before. It sucks, but I've decided that virtually everything does right now, so what's the difference.

On the core issue of players sitting out, as much as Ox will love to hear this, I'm somewhat in the middle. I don't necessarily have an issue with a player electing to sit out of playing if they feel it's unsafe, even if I disagree that it generally is. It's their right. But I also have no problem with the suggestions that their scholarships are predicated on at least trying to compete for their school in their respective sport. If they aren't going to do that--for Covid, for CTE concerns, or for just deciding they don't want to--then the school is well within it's rights to not honor their scholarship for that year. It won't happen, because it won't be universally applied and so no one program will risk it, but I don't think that's outlandish at all. Nor do I think that's a political stance. Like so many other issues today that have waded their way into a "sides" warfare, it's actually very much basic common sense, and mathematical reality.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You obviously get your news from Fox and friends. What hospital do you work at? What do you do in healthcare? What intrinsic knowledge do you have on any this other than perusing a message board and watching/reading conservative propaganda?
1. I dont watch Fox. Cant even stand the sound of Hannity's whining.

2. Dont currently work at a hospital, did work ERs, but I still do disaster response team. I was packed and had orders to assist NYC with expedient hospitals (Fema and others) that we set up but never needed.

3. more than any of those fkktads on CNN, who can't explain the difference between acetaminophen and ibuprofen, much less dexamethasone and hydroxychloroquine.

Last edited:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

2. Dont currently work at a hospital, did work ERs, but I still.domdisaster response. I was packed and had orders to assist NYC with expedient hospitals (Fema and others) that we were set up but never needed.

3. more than any of those fkktads on CNN, who can't explain the difference between acetaminophen and ibuprofen, much less dexamethasone and hydroxychloroquine.

CNN is a bunch of retards.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

2. Dont currently work at a hospital, did work ERs, but I still.domdisaster response. I was packed and had orders to assist NYC with expedient hospitals (Fema and others) that we were set up but never needed.

:snob:

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014

2. Dont currently work at a hospital, did work ERs, but I still do disaster response team. I was packed and had orders to assist NYC with expedient hospitals (Fema and others) that we set up but never needed.

tenor.gif

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Agreed

It also means they can’t read.
If a player is literate they understand that there is no real danger

Well, this one particular guy lost his mom recently and states he doesn't want to be the reason anyone else in his family gets the virus and dies, but I think the simpler answer would be to just keep your damn distance from them until this thing blows over, but nope...that requires personal responsibility and we just can't have that.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don’t work in healthcare and I am not a doctor
I am however fully literate and I can read.
What I read tells me that we have had a grand total of one death in Gainesville since early May and she was 94 years old.
I didn’t get this from CNN or Fox or that idiot Fauci guy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fauci will say the opposite of whatever he just said in a week or two anyway.

remember when he said masks were not affected versus viruses?

I guess cotton has changed recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator