Warning: Political Takes Players opting out of the 2020 season?

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

People are opting out of real jobs as long as the $600/week unemployment continues.
Stop the checks and people will opt in

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You said people were opting out of jobs

Getting laid off is not opting out. Getting furloughed is not opting out.
Restaurant workers and many other service industry workers are opting out of work right now because the unemployment is twice their normal pay.

That’s my point

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Florida Gators DL Zachary Carter to NCAA: 'Enough is Enough'

Gosh the whole thing just makes me sick. Gonna ruin a great beautiful thing in college football...

Yep. As I’ve said, if a player wants to sit out because of COVID, I’m fine with it, even if I think it’s a bit silly. The rest of that, however, is complete nonsense. And you’re right, cfb is a beautiful thing that has opened so many opportunities to probably millions who otherwise wouldn’t have had anything. Perfect? Of course not. But this terrible machine that exploits and harms black athletes? Not even close. Like so many things, it’s a “fix” that will only make matters worse. At this point, I’m content with what I’ve witnessed and enjoyed in my lifetime and can almost come to terms with just shutting it off altogether.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
At this point, I’m content with what I’ve witnessed and enjoyed in my lifetime and can almost come to terms with just shutting it off altogether.
I think a shocking amount of Americans are thinking along the same lines. These leagues think they are too big to fail....they are sorely mistaken.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I think a shocking amount of Americans are thinking along the same lines. These leagues think they are too big to fail....they are sorely mistaken.

What I find so troubling is the complete lack of independent thought in all of this. Blanket endorsements of a group like BLM are insane. It’s not as if they have some secret code. They tell you exactly what they envision and demonstrate how they plan to accomplish it. The average person and/or institution that are suddenly falling all over themselves to lock arms with them, can’t possibly support more than a small fraction of that vision. So I don’t get why no one is saying, fully support the general statement(which is brilliant marketing by them, I’ll give them that), but not the group.

And in cases like this with the NCAA, they’re actually throwing their support behind a group that is making wildly damning accusations against them. So if they, or someone like Stricklin truly believe and support this, then they’re openly admitting that they’ve made a lucrative career off exploitation and blatant racist policies. That means they’d need to be the first to go, as they’re not only a part of the problem, but are currently engaged in it and clearly weren’t planning to stop unless all of this started. It’s classic irony.

Last edited:

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
Yep. As I’ve said, if a player wants to sit out because of COVID, I’m fine with it, even if I think it’s a bit silly. The rest of that, however, is complete nonsense. And you’re right, cfb is a beautiful thing that has opened so many opportunities to probably millions who otherwise wouldn’t have had anything. Perfect? Of course not. But this terrible machine that exploits and harms black athletes? Not even close. Like so many things, it’s a “fix” that will only make matters worse. At this point, I’m content with what I’ve witnessed and enjoyed in my lifetime and can almost come to terms with just shutting it off altogether.
I really do find the idea of exploitation laughable considering the number of walk-ons who VOLUNTEER to endure all of it with no scholarships and no hope of the NFL or endorsements because being a part or something is special in a way that can’t be quantified in dollars. The infusion of BLM is going to spread like a cancer until it ruins everything that was fun or special about life as an American. (Btw I’m black before anyone gets their sensitive panties in a wad)

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
People like to comment about 20k tuition, plus 15k housing, plus 5-10k food etc, and say we are only paying them 50k, it just isnt true. Id have to make almost 100k to bring home 50k to pay that for me or my child's education.

And 100k a year is damn well more than 3/4 of these kids are worth.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We so #woke now.

I'm sick of it and if the season happens, not even sure I'll watch. I don't support or agree with anything in pop culture anymore. It's all f###n lunacy from a bunch of immature, egotistical, self absorbed morons.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
They should just boycott and form their own league. I hear semi pro ball is lucrative and thriving

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
Lol.
Remember when July and August were unbearable in anticipation for the upcoming season? Good times.
Now I just can't wait for November, and hope that Trump blows this thing out.

I never thought the day would come when I couldn't care less about college football--or any sports for that matter. I guess, on the bright side, at least I will be spending a lot more of my fall saturdays outdoors enjoying the weather.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like the PAC-12 is telling players to clean out their lockers and are dismissed from their scholarships.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

it's only Zach spent as much time and effort in the weight room, on the practice field and on the game field (when he actually gets in) as he does SJW twitting.

Perhaps this is a window into his mindset and explains why he hasn't achieved anything.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The simplest solution to all of this revenue sharing/exploitation talk is to eliminate the “3 years removed” rule. If a kid thinks he’s a professional and should he compensated as such, then let him go. It won’t work in most cases, and we all know it. It will merely send kids from bad areas back to those bad areas much sooner and with no degree. But unfortunately, this current generation, and technically much of the group that are supposed to be in charge right now, seem insistent on learning everything the hard way. So let them. Stop forcing kids against their will to go to college, but make it clear that there isn’t a fallback option years later. Make a choice and live with it. Let the ones who appreciate the development and education element go in their place. It may alter the game to an extent for a few years. But at some point, this has to end. I’ll take slower, less exciting football over this seemingly never ending embarrassment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator