POLL: Did Mac deliberately bring up death threats as a way out?

What is your opinions of the death threats fiasco?

• Mac brought them up off the cuff as a way to draw sympathy

Votes: 31 70.5%
  • Mac planned to bring them up as way to force his way out early

Votes: 13 29.5%

• Total voters

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Thought about this quite a bit. The popular thinking is that Mac simply spoke off the cuff about the death threats in an attempt to gain sympathy. But I wonder. We know he wanted out, could he have been planning this? Personally, I think he was planning something like this for weeks.

What say you?

Discuss.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sympathy. I don't think he's that smart.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I don't think he planned this, but I do think he wanted out. Honestly, I don't think he would have been here next year had he not brought it up.

I'd like to know how we would have played Saturday w/out the distractions. I still think UGA would have won the game easily, but I think we would have kept it closer; more like 28-13 or something.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I become more and more convinced he planned it.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good question, I've wondered the same thing actually. He definitely wanted out, that much was clear early in the season. I wouldn't put it past him to plan something as a way to get out. Who knows.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it was off-the-cuff. Virtually all of his interviews and pressers are off-the-cuff. He doesn’t actually think about any of the questions and just kind of talks about whatever is on his mind at that moment.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it was off-the-cuff. Virtually all of his interviews and pressers are off-the-cuff. He doesn’t actually think about any of the questions and just kind of talks about whatever is on his mind at that moment.
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but this is a quote from the article ox posted:

He always had one-liners and inspirational stories ready for his weekly news conferences, knowing those clips were what the Denver television stations would use during the week.

Maybe the "off-the-cuff" is a little more calculated?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Not that I'm disagreeing with you, but this is a quote from the article ox posted:

Maybe the "off-the-cuff" is a little more calculated?

Maybe. Maybe it’s not off the cuff. Maybe he’s just decided what he’s going to say regardless of what the questions are.

“Hey coach – how is Johnny’s ankle? Will he be missing any games?”

“Great question – let me tell you about the time I went camping in Montana…”

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good question, I've wondered the same thing actually. He definitely wanted out, that much was clear early in the season. I wouldn't put it past him to plan something as a way to get out. Who knows.
If he wanted to leave, he could have bounced easily. No doubt he wanted out, but he also wanted most of his buyout.

He is as good as scheming exit strategies as he is offenses.

Checkers, not chess, and he isn't particularly good at checkers either.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't necessarily think he had planned using death threats in that particular conference, but I think it was a card he was looking to play in the right situation. He got a question he liked and saw his opportunity.

I don't think he's as dumb as you guys seem to think he is. I think he's conniving.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
His biggest problem was not Xs and Os. It was likeability. He just came off smug. Even our resident pumpers turned on him after a short period of time because he was just not likable. I think one reason that there was so much loyaly with Muschamp was because he’s likable. Inept but likable. And he worked his ass off. And he tried to 50,000 different things to try and fix our offense even though none of it worked.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think he's conniving.
No doubt. And yet, not smart and not very good at it.

When you just compare him trying to speak, I know some people just arent good at it but his thought processes just aren't there. There is obviously just a lot less going on up there with him with Butters than Urban Meyer, SOS, The Pirate, Gundy, Mullen any of those guys when they speak.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.