Poll: How does the 2021 Gators football season play out?

How do you think our 2021 Gators football season plays out?

• 3-9 (5 losses and 4 Covid forfeits)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The kickoff to the Gators football season is fast approaching. Next Saturday is the day we have all been waiting for. Its a new season but honestly we have no chance of getting into the playoff with new QBs and an awful defense that we don't really see how it will be improved at all. Can we surprise some people and fans and win 10 or more games? Will the bottom finally fall out on Mullen like many have been predicting(6 wins or less) the last 3 seasons? Will Covid ravage our team and the season be a complete disaster(3 wins or less)? Will this finally be the season that Grantham is thankfully let go? Will Mullen even survive the season? Will Swonkers be happy about anything at all?

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On the penis scale I’m guessing this season will be about 3.5” or slightly above average.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
8-4. We've got a Grantham defense and lost our top 3 players.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Slightly above average Offense
Average Defense
Improved Special Teams
Good offensive coaching
Poor defensive coaching
Reasonable schedule
Average fan support

= 9 - 3

Which is the new average in Gainesville

Great Talent or Great Coaching could overcome our warts but we have neither.......

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I picked 8-4 because 7-5 wasn't an option. The defense will continue to be terrible as all Grantham's defenses that don't have an elite pass rusher or 2. The offense will be slightly worse than when Franks was the starter. Not because I think Emory isn't capable but because we don't have much to worry about out wide. 7-5 , 8-4 at best.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
8-4.
We win one of the three games against the top teams (Bama, Georgia, and LSU) but then gag against Mizzou and one other lesser opponent.

After the season, Mullen tells us that the program is moving in the right direction and he offers Toad a contract extension and then fires several analysts and other minor personnel as a distraction.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We know that EJ can run but can he be an accurate down the field passer like Trask was? Teams will expect EJ to come out running so will we change it up and come out passing all over the place? We have a lot of stud running backs but will the O Line be much improved to help aid us in a stout running game? WRs are a mystery, how much has EJ and AR worked with the WRs to build a connection and throw defenses off?

SECund2nun

Oct 13, 2018
That depends on the OL, the young secondary, and also QB play. I think Mullen will hit 10 or more wins on average every season here, but can he beat Alabama and the big boys? Can he win an actual championship (national or SEC)?

My biggest concerns are obviously the OL bc of garbage Hev, but also a scenario where EJ struggles and hard head Mullen refuses to start AR15 because of his obsession with seniority. I think EJ should be at least solid with a good chance of being better than that, but we will see bc there is a chance he could also be mediocre .

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The poll goes from 8 wins down to 6, with no 7 option. Sober up.

7-5 is my prediction, but it could be worse.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I picked 8-4 only because 7-5 wasn't an option. Again, I won't be surprised with 10-2 and a New Years day bowl game, but that isn't what I'm expecting with a new QB and new WR/TEs with the same OL and the same defensive coordinator. I'm not so sure we walk out of an early road trap game special against USF as weak as they may appear to be. Anyone thinking that is nonsense need look no further than our game against LSUs practice squad at home last year.

Bama is an L. No way around that. Georgia is most likely an L and LSU probably is as well. Tennessee may be due for a win, it happens every so often when you least expect it. We always play Mizzou like dwag shyt so who knows.

7-5 up to 10-2 and no better, anything in between a possibility. I've never felt so alive.

Mr2Bits

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Bama is an L. No way around that. Georgia is most likely an L and LSU probably is as well. Tennessee may be due for a win, it happens every so often when you least expect it. We always play Mizzou like dwag shyt so who knows.
Im not getting all the UGA fear around here, they are the same overhyped crap team they were last year. Their QB ****ation is still a mess and you think we have WR problems, dont even get me started with their roster.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Im not getting all the UGA fear around here, they are the same overhyped crap team they were last year. Their QB ****ation is still a mess and you think we have WR problems, dont even get me started with their roster.
I don't fear UGA, I just am not confident in our coaching, that is why I said "most likely" and not definitely.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
We are 22-9 vs UGA since 1990. How is it we ONLY EVER win maybe one out of five and its ALWAYS been that way? We have closed the gap CONSIDERABLY since SOS came back in 1990.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator