POLL: How many years of the contract does Mullen make it?

How many years of the six do you think Mullen makes?

• Total voters

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Should have started this earlier in the week.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think that he (and maybe those who can look without a jaundiced eye) know it's likely to take three seasons to get the program more functional in terms of roster/recruiting, fully implementing his offensive vision, solidifying the D, and improving competitiveness on the high end of the schedule. Obviously he isn't there this year from what we see and I can see next year being better, but third year has to be the charm. Personally I think Mullen might be more what we need than what we want. Depending on who or what you blame (and yes, I think Foey has been a major factor), our record on getting who we want hasn't been real good lately. I would love to see Mullen get us back at least to where we were with Meyer (less the behind closed doors stuff), but I just don't think it will be in year two. Thus, if he gets us to a higher competive level by year three, I think making all six and maybe beyond is possible. But these days a lot of things both good and bad can happen in that span. Kinda like reading Moby Dick.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Buyout is too big to get rid of him in 3. I have a feeling it will be 5 years. The noise will be loud in year 4, but Stricklan isn't going to want to fire his overpaid buddy, which will give Mullen an extra year. Another question is will Mullen get an undeserved raise and contract extension from now until then like the last two bums?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Only here could we be 2-1 under a new coach with what amounts to a (pun intended) MAC roster and be wagering on how soon the guy is gone.

And so before I begin imbibing, I want to remind everyone.

IT'S FREAKING GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I think there has been quite a few fired after 3 years where it didn't look like things were getting on the right path.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Buyout is too big to get rid of him in 3. I have a feeling it will be 5 years. The noise will be loud in year 4, but Stricklan isn't going to want to fire his overpaid buddy, which will give Mullen an extra year. Another question is will Mullen get an undeserved raise and contract extension from now until then like the last two bums?
JB I agree about the buyout, but I have a little more confidence in him based on his attention thus far to the entire program (and yeah recruiting has to pick up) compared to the last two HBC's and Meyer at the end. You and I both know that barring some morals issue, which is hard to see, or some Mac type Sh!t, even harder to imagine, he'll get a raise and extension. And it isn't just us. That's the way the game is played nowadays, right or wrong. Best case is that he does things to really deserve it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fired in his 4th year, never wins more than 8 games. Another wasted half decade and 40 million down the drain.
Bet ya a buck for every one of those millions you're wrong.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Only here could we be 2-1 under a new coach with what amounts to a (pun intended) MAC roster and be wagering on how soon the guy is gone
you can pretend that losing to Kentucky was nothing but even you know what it means.

he will survive 0-8 but there's no excuse for this shtt. as bad as the roster is Mullins still has far more Talent than every team we play accept ugly and LSU.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That 40 million ain't down the drain for the Mullen family, as they are set up for generations.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
you can pretend that losing to Kentucky was nothing but even you know what it means.

he will survive 0-8 but there's no excuse for this shtt. as bad as the roster is Mullins still has far more Talent than every team we play accept ugly and LSU.
Too soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator