POLL: How will Driskel perform at Louisiana Tech?

Here's some background on LT: 9-5 record, 41st in total offense, 29th in passing, 14th in points. Th

• Over .500 record, under 200 total yards passing/rushing per game and under 20 TDs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Under .500 record, under 200 total yards passing/rushing per game and under 20 TDs

• Over .500 record, over 200 total yards passing/rushing per game and over 20 TDs

• Under .500 record, over 200 total yards passing/rushing per game and over 20 TDs

• Total voters

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
soflagator;n153850 said:
It is comical. It's also disturbingly accurate. I'm not sure Driskel ever becomes a star, but if anyone believes that he isn't better under a different staff, they're crazy. The whole philosophy was flawed from day 1. The fact that Brissett and Murphy had any measure of success elsewhere proves that.

Agreed.

While I agreed with benching him, I am very willing to give Jeff the benefit of the doubt due to the abysmal offensive recruiting and development, poor offensive line play, and poor receiver play. I wish Jeff well.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n153850 said:
It is comical. It's also disturbingly accurate. I'm not sure Driskel ever becomes a star, but if anyone believes that he isn't better under a different staff, they're crazy. The whole philosophy was flawed from day 1. The fact that Brissett and Murphy had any measure of success elsewhere proves that.
I think his record as a starter was something like 15-7. If he can manage that under Muschamp, I'd think he could manage a winning record for La Tech, especially since they went 9-5 last year.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
He'll do fine at LT. Maybe he'll get some coaching, that would help. But there will be a drop off in defense, and receivers who won't 'drop off' as much with his passing, perhaps. The program is doing well, so he isn't expected to be a saviour - just keep the program going, and hopefully it matches his natural skill set (I imagine it does).

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n153850 said:
The fact that Brissett and Murphy had any measure of success elsewhere proves that.
Mehhhh.... it was obvious Brissett and Murphy weren't absolute fukktards who fell apart every time the ball was snapped also.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I expect him against lesser players to have success. He might run for a lot of yards. I don't expect him to be drafted at QB but he might at TE.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
GatorJ;n153933 said:
I'm going to have to start editing these polls to include the ham sammich option.
If you do this for my polls, then you need to do it for all polls. Today is about the fighting against discrimination, and my polls should be treated no differently than any other polls.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n153850 said:

I actually think no staff will be able to correct his passing issues. The main issue imo was Muschamp forcing Driskel to be the starter despite his play.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Do they have a baseball team? I think he is cooked as a QB. First bad play/turnover and he will fall apart...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I think he will be a great play caller. Well, from the sidelines I mean.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
QueenCityGator;n154448 said:
If you do this for my polls, then you need to do it for all polls. Today is about the fighting against discrimination, and my polls should be treated no differently than any other polls.
I honestly don't remember the last person to start a poll other than you

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

No. It would just be your polls...

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

I'm with you. I think that in the privacy of his own room a man should be allowed to treat his pole any way he wants. Though it's not my thing, if a guy wants to put a ham sandwich or mustard or even Vaseline on his pole that's his prerogative. He can use his pole to prod others and get a rise out of them if that's what floats his boat. A man's pole is sacred and he shouldn't let anyone else tell him he can't treat it or use it any way he wants.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
He will take the benching he gets there like a champ since he has experience with it and all. We went to the sugar bowl in spite of JD but that's besides the point. I thank JD for his service but I'm happy to not have to worry about another coaching staff being enamored with his size and practice abilities to give him another shot.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Ray Finkle;n155525 said:
I honestly don't remember the last person to start a poll other than you
Thanks a lot for ruining TV for me. Whenever I see the Direct TV commercial with Rob Lowe, I think about either the witty or mundane remarks of a random poster on Gatorchatter.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n156159 said:
Regarding treating my polls different than other people's polls:
:racist:

It is only racist if J is singling you out because of your race. Nothing I have seen from J's post shows that he cares what race you are. :peabody:

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
Gator87;n153707 said:
One of the choices should be, don't care.

That is the reason for the ham sammich....because you would rather have one than ponder why clicked on the thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.