Poll: When was the last time you were in Gainesville?

I'm just wondering our connection to Gainesville post-graduation. Some of us may live there, many of

• I live in Gainesville

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2010-2012

• 2007-2009

• 2004-2006

• 2001-2003

• 2000 and before

• I've never been to Gainesville because I'm too busy eating Ham Sammiches

• Total voters

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
I'm just wondering our connection to Gainesville post-graduation. Some of us may live there, many of us may live elsewhere in Florida, a few of us may live in the South, and a couple of us may live a long distance from Gainesville. Were you last there for business or pleasure?
Last time I was in Gainesville was in 2008, when I watched us destroy Kentucky 63-5. I didn't do that much tailgating or exploring; basically I arrived an hour before kickoff and left after the final whistle (I always stay to the end). I want to go back (not just for football, but to walk on campus); however, travel expenses are an issue, and all my friends and family have moved elsewhere.

Name and town if you wish to opine.

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
April...drove through on the way to and from Savannah. Mandatory stop at Burrito Brothers on the way up.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I went to Publix last night so that was a trip to Gville. I live one county over

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Friday. Ate dinner at the roadhouse. Had a ribeye cup of chilli and a baked potatoe

Dec 10, 2014
I live in Jacksonville. I either go to Gainesville or St. Augustine once a month (or more).

If you really want to walk on campus, I have a suggestion you may want to consider. Go back for game that starts at 3:30 or later. Enjoy the game and try not to party too hard. Get up the next morning and walk on campus between 7-8. The dichotomy of the two atmospheres is very compelling. You can walk through the stadium and watch how the volunteers clean it up. If you're lucky, you can see a plethora of people from all different ages and walks of life doing the walk of shame.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
It's been around a decade for me. Can't recall the last home game I attended. :headscratch:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n236112 said:
Pathetic.

I know. It's just such a long haul for one game. I've been to the WLCOP, bowl games, SECG and the SEC hoops tourney a number of times...just no home games.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n236113 said:
I know. It's just such a long haul for one game. I've been to the WLCOP, bowl games, SECG and the SEC hoops tourney a number of times...just no home games.

I make the trip every year, so you can at least make it once in a decade.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n236114 said:
I make the trip every year, so you can at least make it once in a decade.

I'll commit to start doing that in a few years, when my son is old enough to know what's going on.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
2012 against LSU. We won 14-6. Tough game to watch for the first 3 quarters but we turned it on in the 4th. Very enjoyable.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I live 40 minutes away, so we're there all the time. Usually 3-4 football games, several basketball games, the kids love going to watch softball & lacross (both free) and gymnastics (I think it is like $4). At the last lacross game, my daughter was selected from the stands to go up to the booth and read the starting lineups. Even though those games are pretty small operations, it was still cool to go into the broadcast booth and see how many people are working up there and what kind of amazing (and AC'd) view they had.

Our usually stop on the way back home is Trader Joes.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
We try to get 2 wks vacation with the kids each summer. One week with my mom and my sister's family in the Carolinas (beach house or a mountain cabin) then my family of four hits G'ville for the second week. Mandatory stops at Sonny's, Leonardo's by the slice, a walk around campus and a visit to BHG. My 'growing up' home is optional, the others aren't. Unfortunatley, this year we'll be heading North instead of South, so we may not make this summer trip.

For football, we would like to get the kids to some away games if any are close enough to travel to, but the nearest game for driving is Knoxville or Lexington (both 8 hr drives). Flying isn't an option with this family's budget. HOWEVER, wife and I have caught a few early season basketball games when the team travelled up here (Rutgers, Madison Square Garden), so hopefully we can get the kids to one of those sometime.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n236122 said:
I'll commit to start doing that in a few years, when my son is old enough to know what's going on.

Kids ruin everything.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I go a few times a year. My family lives in the area and my parents both work for UF. As well as several people I know work for the AAU and UF I try to touch base if I've got time while in Gainesville. I haven't attended a football game in a few years, due to family issues and work. Last event I saw was a track event.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Like Wobble, I was in G'ville for last year's UK game. Last time before that was probably about 8 years ago.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I live way too far away for a trip to Gville. When I actually live in Fl I plan go go to see some games especially if I can get other Gator fans to go as well. I generally go to games that are away, like Vandy, the SEC championship, and Sugar Bowl. I plan on going to Missouri this year if it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.