POLL: Who's your Favorite Women's World Cup Soccer Player?

And the choices are... Alex Morgan: Her overly involved soccer dad would kill you if he knew even h

• Alex Morgan

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Hope Solo

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Abby Wambach

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Carli Lloyd

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Fk Jeremy Foley and his liberal Title IX agenda

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Mia Hamm Sammich

Votes: 18 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If this were true for the whole LGBTQ community, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. The point is that many members of the community want more than acceptance; they want endorsement and celebration as well. Look at the whole wedding cake controversy. The folks who sued that baker could have gotten a cake for their wedding at any number of bakeries; they wanted to force that baker to not only bake their cake, but bake it their way. That goes far beyond just seeking acceptance. Hinkle's issue, if i read the articles correctly, was wearing a jersey that was partially displaying a rainbow flag. To display a rainbow flag goes beyond acceptance and into endorsement and celebration. It also turned the uniform into a political statement. I don't believe that was fair to Hinkle anymore than if they had put crosses on the uniform and forced Jewish, Muslim, or Atheist members to wear them.
not to mention that endorsement of sexuality issues has zero place in sports, government, military, or any other area of the public sector. just play the game in the sports area and enforce the rules... in the public sector do the same.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
When Hinkle refused to display support the Gay Pride agenda, she was judging her self ... could she "witness" for life-principles that violated her Faith? She felt in her nervous system that this would be a sickening feeling to "witness" for Gay Pride? In truth, the gay members of the team could not allow Hinkle to be true to her upbringing. If her Christian choice kept her off the team, denied her her dream to play in the World Cup, then she was persecuted for her beliefs. (Consider if a player was cut because of her homosexual beliefs?) There has never been a sport that demanded gay players to "brag" that they support people who choose the heterosexual lifestyle ??

Hinkle did nothing that punished her gay team members. They got to live their beliefs, even broadcast them as if they were the broad majority - that's unfettered expression unto promotion. Unlike Hinkle, they were given full access to their dream. Many times now-a-days the PC tsunami-wave drowns various individual rights that ethically, morally should be allowed to co-exist... co-exist. I'm just saying what we all can see unfolding in reality. These progressive activists do not want to co-exist with traditional values. They want traditional values to be harassed unto disuse, even disparagement. They make battlegrounds for going for all out victory, for all out defeat of any countering thinking.... And essentially, they win.

Think on this: 4.5% of the population in anonymous polls identify as LGBTQ and 75% identify Christian. Think about Christian revival meetings, Christian music festivals where Christians proudly fill stadiums, coliseums. What if all those Christian people made the same trespassing, PC-intimidating assertions against Gay Pride. See the fair tolerance difference?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
If this were true for the whole LGBTQ community, we wouldn't even be having this discussion. The point is that many members of the community want more than acceptance; they want endorsement and celebration as well. Look at the whole wedding cake controversy. The folks who sued that baker could have gotten a cake for their wedding at any number of bakeries; they wanted to force that baker to not only bake their cake, but bake it their way. That goes far beyond just seeking acceptance. Hinkle's issue, if i read the articles correctly, was wearing a jersey that was partially displaying a rainbow flag. To display a rainbow flag goes beyond acceptance and into endorsement and celebration. It also turned the uniform into a political statement. I don't believe that was fair to Hinkle anymore than if they had put crosses on the uniform and forced Jewish, Muslim, or Atheist members to wear them.
Why do you hate them so much? I feel so sorry for you. Wow. Another one found.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Why do you hate them so much? I feel so sorry for you. Wow. Another bigot found.
No need to troll. I never said I hated anyone. I also never said I opposed gay marriage. I am defending Hinkle's right to be opposed to it (and anyone else's for that matter). I will defend anyone's right to be opposed to anything - even yours. I am amused by your refusal to ever actually address my points and now to resort to name calling.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
If you've been in that echo chamber then you already know. No one changes anyone's mind, ever. It devolves into personal attack after personal attack. Hell, someone told me to F off in here because they can't keep it in check. No thanks. And yes, I let Gren have it over his homophobic slurs. I can't stand bigots and there seems to be a few on this site.

You were told to fvcck off because you came in the box with a drive by insult then left. You earned it.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
No need to troll. I never said I hated anyone. I also never said I opposed gay marriage. I am defending Hinkle's right to be opposed to it (and anyone else's for that matter). I will defend anyone's right to be opposed to anything - even yours. I am amused by your refusal to ever actually address my points and now to resort to name calling.
I completely disagree with you. The LGBT community has been beaten and discriminated against for a long time. You obviously don't understand what Gay Pride month is all about. No worries. You aren't going to change my mind and I'm certainly not changing anyone's hateful minds on here. I apologize for calling you a bigot. I edited my post. Good day.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just put this to bed. I do not agree with homosexuality as a lifestyle. It is a lifestyle proven to cause much higher risks of health issues for the person, it's one that biologically and physiologically is incorrect as male and female bodies are designed to work together, not male-male or female-female. Procreation is not possible and at a base biological perspective, this is the entire purpose for sex. Homosexuality is anathema to the human makeup just as much as being born a woman but claiming you are a male is. Biology is what it is.

All that said, my little brother is gay. I love him as much as i love my wife and children. We disagree on certain things and in many ways are polar opposites but we are very very close and I would literally do anything for him if he needed it. He is my son's favorite relative - Uncle Wes comes up in conversation with my 3 year old at least 5 times a day. My son adores him and we make every effort possible to see him and his husband as much as possible. I also very much like his husband, also named Wesley. Amazingly brilliant and kind person who is a phenomenal woodworking craftsman. He is making a beautiful mantle from cherry for our new fireplace as a housewarming gift.

So please stop with this, "if you don't agree with everything a person does or believes you hate them" narrative. It's complete BS and honestly, its social fascism. I will put my love and devotion for my brother up against yours for any gay person you know. Maybe you have just as much for a friend or relative, but you do not have more. It isnt possible. What you do have that I dont is hate for your fellow man you happen to disagree with.

And with that, Im done with this.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Think on this: 4.5% of the population in anonymous polls identify as LGBTQ and 75% identify Christian. Think about Christian revival meetings, Christian music festivals where Christians proudly fill stadiums, coliseums. What if all those Christian people made the same trespassing, PC-intimidating assertions against Gay Pride. See the fair tolerance difference?

Solid post.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
Truly being a Christian is also a lifestyle. I would reference our own Timmy. Although thinly veiled, he has been denied employment, and endlessly castigated. Where are the protests of this. Mainstream media not only ignore this but tend to endorse it..

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

It is what he has done the whole thread. He is a hater.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Truly being a Christian is also a lifestyle. I would reference our own Timmy. Although thinly veiled, he has been denied employment, and endlessly castigated. Where are the protests of this. Mainstream media not only ignore this but tend to endorse it..

Tebow is a Christian. T Rex hates Christians.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I completely disagree with you. The LGBT community has been beaten and discriminated against for a long time. You obviously don't understand what Gay Pride month is all about. No worries. You aren't going to change my mind and I'm certainly not changing anyone's hateful minds on here. I apologize for calling you a bigot. I edited my post. Good day.
I actually agree with you about the discrimination, degradation, and physical assaults the LGBT community has faced over the years and find it disgraceful. As for Gay Pride month, I don't believe you have any idea of what I do and don't understand - I have lived in two major cities with large LGBT communities and was in a profession where I worked with both Gays and Lesbians; as occasionally we put our lives in each others hands, it was pretty important that we all respected one another; and we did. (FTR - I am not excluding Bi-sexuals or Transgenders; I may have worked with some, I just didn't know it.) So I am not as ignorant as you may suppose. I never had any expectations of changing your mind (or anyone else's) on this issue - it is the internet after all. I accept your apology on the name calling, and wish you a good day as well.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Let's just put this to bed. I do not agree with homosexuality as a lifestyle. It is a lifestyle proven to cause much higher risks of health issues for the person, it's one that biologically and physiologically is incorrect as male and female bodies are designed to work together, not male-male or female-female. Procreation is not possible and at a base biological perspective, this is the entire purpose for sex. Homosexuality is anathema to the human makeup just as much as being born a woman but claiming you are a male is. Biology is what it is.

All that said, my little brother is gay. I love him as much as i love my wife and children. We disagree on certain things and in many ways are polar opposites but we are very very close and I would literally do anything for him if he needed it. He is my son's favorite relative - Uncle Wes comes up in conversation with my 3 year old at least 5 times a day. My son adores him and we make every effort possible to see him and his husband as much as possible. I also very much like his husband, also named Wesley. Amazingly brilliant and kind person who is a phenomenal woodworking craftsman. He is making a beautiful mantle from cherry for our new fireplace as a housewarming gift.

So please stop with this, "if you don't agree with everything a person does or believes you hate them" narrative. It's complete BS and honestly, its social fascism. I will put my love and devotion for my brother up against yours for any gay person you know. Maybe you have just as much for a friend or relative, but you do not have more. It isnt possible. What you do have that I dont is hate for your fellow man you happen to disagree with.

And with that, Im done with this.
Cool. Let's have uncle wes & wes read your first paragraph. Tell me that you've told him that RECENTLY not some argument long ago. Anathema? Wow. Again, we aren't changing any minds but your post is whacked. I'm glad you love your poor anathema brother. Ho lee fuk.

g8r.tom

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017

you just don't get it - that much is obvious.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Cool. Let's have uncle wes & wes read your first paragraph. Tell me that you've told him that RECENTLY not some argument long ago. Anathema? Wow. Again, we aren't changing any minds but your post is whacked. I'm glad you love anathema brother. Ho lee fuk.
There is nothing wrong with the use of my word. It is factual. As far as my first paragraph, my brother knows exactly my position on things and we still love each other very much. Sorry that you have zero ammunition to go at me with other than criticizing a word and posting over the top responses like "ho lee..." You're looking more and more like a sad individual in this thread. I feel for you and I'm sorry that this issue makes you so upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator