POLL: Who's your Favorite Women's World Cup Soccer Player?

And the choices are... Alex Morgan: Her overly involved soccer dad would kill you if he knew even h

• Alex Morgan

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Hope Solo

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Abby Wambach

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Carli Lloyd

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Fk Jeremy Foley and his liberal Title IX agenda

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Mia Hamm Sammich

Votes: 18 27.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Those of you close to gay people either through work or family or whatever have to have come to realize that these people
are being true to their nature. To disagree with their "lifestyle" is to disagree with who they actually are. Its like saying
you dont approve of someone being smart or tall or polite. I like gals, always have and knew it when I was little. I didnt make
any conscience choice or have to decide. I knew it. I suppose most gay people come to realize it, too. I could no more decide to be attracted to males as I could want to cheer for dwags or nulls.
And not so long ago it was a sentence to being teased and taunted and hearing all kinds of derogatory comments about queers and such.
I guess the gay pride thing is like the old black and proud or black is beautiful sayings after years of being denied rights.
I think for all of us we like some people in life we don't like some people in life whether they're straight people, politicians or homosexuals and lesbians. You like some or you don't. Most of us here like some Republicans don't like others like some Democrats don't like others like some athletes don't like others like some religious leaders don't like others. I like some gay people I don't like others and Megan Rapinoe is one of those others I like the gay man who started the walkaway movement. It is what it is and it's never going to change. I will always credit this World Cup team for being excellent and clutch and tough and deep. But it doesn't mean I have to like them or follow them off the pitch. I choose not to because everything seems politically-motivated about them.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
When Hinkle refused to display support the Gay Pride agenda, she was judging her self ... could she "witness" for life-principles that violated her Faith? She felt in her nervous system that this would be a sickening feeling to "witness" for Gay Pride? In truth, the gay members of the team could not allow Hinkle to be true to her upbringing. If her Christian choice kept her off the team, denied her her dream to play in the World Cup, then she was persecuted for her beliefs. (Consider if a player was cut because of her homosexual beliefs?) There has never been a sport that demanded gay players to "brag" that they support people who choose the heterosexual lifestyle ??

Hinkle did nothing that punished her gay team members. They got to live their beliefs, even broadcast them as if they were the broad majority - that's unfettered expression unto promotion. Unlike Hinkle, they were given full access to their dream. Many times now-a-days the PC tsunami-wave drowns various individual rights that ethically, morally should be allowed to co-exist... co-exist. I'm just saying what we all can see unfolding in reality. These progressive activists do not want to co-exist with traditional values. They want traditional values to be harassed unto disuse, even disparagement. They make battlegrounds for going for all out victory, for all out defeat of any countering thinking.... And essentially, they win.

Think on this: 4.5% of the population in anonymous polls identify as LGBTQ and 75% identify Christian. Think about Christian revival meetings, Christian music festivals where Christians proudly fill stadiums, coliseums. What if all those Christian people made the same trespassing, PC-intimidating assertions against Gay Pride. See the fair tolerance difference?
Well this is the best post I've read on this hot topic issue. The greatest point you make was about Hinkle and her being persecuted for her openly Christian beliefs which would have made some of the girls uncomfortable. And like you said Rog if a lesbian player was cut from the team for being lesbian the PC culture would implode like a volcano. Sad but true.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
I was channel surfing yesterday and on ESPN News I was hoping to catch some Wimbledon highlights but I saw women's soccer league Orlando at Portland and it look like they had a really good crowd from what I could tell. Maybe it will continue maybe it won't maybe it's just because Portland it's more of a college town women oriented town that's soccer and in particular women's soccer could make it there.l

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
I was channel surfing yesterday and on ESPN News I was hoping to catch some Wimbledon highlights but I saw women's soccer league Orlando at Portland and it look like they had a really good crowd from what I could tell. Maybe it will continue maybe it won't maybe it's just because Portland it's more of a college town women oriented town that's soccer and in particular women's soccer could make it there.l

Portland is the only place in the country where they get decent sized crowds in NWSL.

Sky Blue played Utah Royals on Friday night to an announced crowd of 1,842 spectators...

There is a reason various iterations of this league has failed on 3 separate occasions before...

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Portland is the only place in the country where they get decent sized crowds in NWSL.

Sky Blue played Utah Royals on Friday night to an announced crowd of 1,842 spectators...

There is a reason various iterations of this league has failed on 3 separate occasions before...
Well you're probably right about Portland being the only location where they can draw good crowds. But like 98% of the players in this league weren't even on the World Cup team. They need this league to make it and get more sponsorship money was with big companies like Budweiser so the players can have a real career. It's going to be a long uphill climb for them but if they get sponsors like they haven't before that helps a lot.

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Well you're probably right about Portland being the only location where they can draw good crowds. But like 98% of the players in this league weren't even on the World Cup team. They need this league to make it and get more sponsorship money was with big companies like Budweiser so the players can have a real career. It's going to be a long uphill climb for them but if they get sponsors like they haven't before that helps a lot.

That's why it's extremely hard for me to be very sympathetic to the 2% of players who ARE on the WC team and trying to act like USSF is behaving in a biaed or prejudiced manner when they've been quite literally supporting the league for several years and have fronted tens of millions of dollars and spent untold amounts of time and energy getting corporate sponsors to buy in.

It's ungrateful and entitled BS.

Soccer has been a tremendous difference in my life and will play the game as long as I'm able. I never made any money from playing the game, but I'm not ignorant that plenty of wealthy individuals donated tons of money at a time when soccer *wasn't* profitable out of a desire to grow the game and build the infrastructure needed for the success we're starting to have today.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
That's why it's extremely hard for me to be very sympathetic to the 2% of players who ARE on the WC team and trying to act like USSF is behaving in a biaed or prejudiced manner when they've been quite literally supporting the league for several years and have fronted tens of millions of dollars and spent untold amounts of time and energy getting corporate sponsors to buy in.

It's ungrateful and entitled BS.

Soccer has been a tremendous difference in my life and will play the game as long as I'm able. I never made any money from playing the game, but I'm not ignorant that plenty of wealthy individuals donated tons of money at a time when soccer *wasn't* profitable out of a desire to grow the game and build the infrastructure needed for the success we're starting to have today.
Who is advising the chicas to sue the ussf? It looks absolutely ridiculous and like a political move. I'm all for them getting more money as long as the money is there. But it's all misleading because what they have to do is get this women's league to work and be more successful than it has been. The Orlando at Portland game the other day was exciting. I enjoyed it just like I sometimes enjoy women's tennis more than men's tennis I'm Women's Figure Skating more than men's figure skating and other women sports more than other men Sports.

Keep playing soccer and enjoying it as long as you can. It has meant something in your life and that's more than most can say.

I took my mom to the Eye Institute last week and there's this beautiful girl she looks Mexican who works at the front desk and I know she tore her ACL playing soccer and she's pretty much recovered and I asked her did you follow the Women's World Cup and she said yes. And I said did you follow the US Mexico game for the Gold Cup with the men? And she said yes. I asked her if she was happy with the result and she said yes with a smile. Then I asked her if she was born here and she what puzzled said yes. So I confirm the cheese American. Her parents are from Mexico I'm sure. But it's interesting how this girl born in America was rooting for Mexico against America when my ancestors are from Europe and I don't really care what the Czech Republic and whales do when International sporting competitions. But people from Mexico and their descendants are very close to their ancestry. I found it very interesting.

I'm not sure women in their mid-thirties that were on This World Cup team will be there in 4 years. I have to thank with all the players coming up there going to be pushed out.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Portland loves their soccer; the Timbers have a good following as well. I suspect since Portland lacks a football and a baseball team, soccer is something they can rally to, especially if the Blazer’s are struggling.
The Reign play in Tacoma, likely why they’re not getting better attendance. The Sounders have a great following out here.
And 512, I always root for ‘whales’.
:bart:

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015
ac67c7676afd4fd8b66726a8bef9e142399091d2a40243cc6335e897fc45795f.jpg

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
Well well well...turns out the womyn make more money than the men after all.

Despite bringing in less revenue.
And, deliciously, the numbers don't include the extra benefits the women get that the men don't (healthcare is provided to the women, but not to the men--those numbers weren't included in the study).

Everything about the #equalpay narrative was laughably false. The federation needs to tell them to go fvvk themselves for all their petulant whining and actions over the past several months.

U.S. Soccer says women’s team has been paid more than men’s team

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If this is your world view about men, it's because you are a beta male. Some people just want to watch soccer, be excited about the women's team accomplishments, and leave the look-at-me-everybody political rants and obscenities out of the equation.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The women's national team gets their ass kicked by under 14 male teams on a regular basis... but ok sas :lol:

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The video of my favorite psycho soccer whore's DUI is finally out and she is everything I ever hoped for. Soft, sultry, and suggestively drunk. At any point in time, she could potentially begin a ritualistic oral sex process on the police officer or suddenly stab him in the neck with his fountain pen, you're on the edge of your seat wondering which will occur. I'm still desperately in love with this woman.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
My favorite female soccer player is the one that plays soccer and keeps her mouth shut. I don't give a **** about her politics, sex or what she thinks she should make to play soccer.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
What's soccer? Women pro team sports? Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator