Pool deck repair

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My assumption about the supporting deck was wrong, I assumed your elevated pool deck was a wood structure rather than on-grade. That's why I asked about the design composition of the underlying support structure. On-grade paving failures like yours are often a result of the sub-surface bearing characteristic not achieving the desired and equal density and bearing capacity within the restrained area (it was not mechanically compacted equally). Thats why you are seeing settlement differential between the wall and in the adjacent paver field. In simple terms when they make the repairs, make sure they probe the failed subsurface areas with a steel rod before completing the repairs and compact the soft areas of the sub-base.

Or you could get lucky. Go get a 4 foot level, a screwdriver, rubber hammer and 4 or 5 bags of paver sand at the big box and just pull up those affected pavers, add some leveling sand under them and never have another problem. Simple!
Thanks for the info. That would make sense if it wasn't compacted evenly since it's only by the wall. I would ideally still have a paver guy do the work and just see if they can compact the deeper soil. I think that would probably take care of the issue since it hasn't depressed that much in 2 years and the past year we saw a ton of heavy rains.

I might just lift up a couple and take a look at what I'm dealing with.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What about chemical polyurethane grout that is used for soil stabilization in foundation and slab repair? I guess they probe the area and then inject the expandable grout which is water resistant into the affected areas.
I have someone looking at our eroding 175 foot seawall and they said it would fix the issue by using this process along with back filling and then re masoning the face of the wall.....of course they want 28K to do it :headslap:
Is this a grout or is it injected into the soil?

$28k is crazy. To install our retaining wall, it wasnt even that expensive and it was 140 ft x 10 ft.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Is this a grout or is it injected into the soil?

$28k is crazy. To install our retaining wall, it wasnt even that expensive and it was 140 ft x 10 ft.
It can be used in soil stabilization, leveling for paving, sink holes, foundation and slab repair, seawall erosion and a number of other uses. BTW 28K is half the price of a new sea wall with vinyl sheet piles for our shoreline, but I'm starting to think of biting the bullet and doing that instead because I'm not a fan of the brick on there now...Anyway check put this video, hopefully your situation isn't a big deal that requires the use of this stuff but just in case.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator