Pool/Fence Build Thread

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see how he can do that for $600.....

I've priced it out, it's about $200 in black fence paint for me to buy retail at Lowes.

He has a huge tank sprayer in the back of a truck and drives beside the fence and sprays it. He said it will take him about 2 hours. So $400 for his time. That is money well spent imo, as it would take me days.

I have another quote for $450 and a third quote for $660. But I like the 1st guy the best.

C'mon goon.... give me some credit for doing homework.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've priced it out, it's about $200 in black fence paint for me to buy retail at Lowes.

He has a huge tank sprayer in the back of a truck and drives beside the fence and sprays it. He said it will take him about 2 hours. So $400 for his time. That is money well spent imo, as it would take me days.

I have another quote for $450 and a third quote for $660. But I like the 1st guy the best.

I obviously know nothing about fence paint and fence painting....

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Goon doesn't think anyone knows anything on here. Except maybe... maybe Cooter.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
It's been alot of work (with a ton more to do)

On the bright side - it's essentially an estrogen free endeavor.

maxresdefault.jpg

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just wondering if Brad is going to be able to keep this thread going after the fence is done, so I can add something else to the title :lol:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm just wondering if Brad is going to be able to keep this thread going after the fence is done, so I can add something else to the title :lol:

The joys of homeownership. Next project is an awning/cover over pool equipment. Then a pavilion. Then a detached garage. I might be able to make this thread hit 25 pages.

:deadnanner:

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
With all Brad's $$$, I would have either made the pool in the shape of the Gator logo or put the logo at the bottom of the pool in tile.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The joys of homeownership. Next project is an awning/cover over pool equipment. Then a pavilion. Then a detached garage. I might be able to make this thread hit 25 pages.

:yes:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With all Brad's $$$, I would have either made the pool in the shape of the Gator logo or put the logo at the bottom of the pool in tile.

That kinda pisses me off that I didnt think of that. But I did find a Gator decal for the pool bottom. Unfortunately.... she doesnt come with it.

51F4UhFVB9L._SS400_.jpg

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

What about a pool cover? I've got a client that has one that's on a rail system attached to the deck and is remote. Like garage door but horizontal.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
What about a pool cover? I've got a client that has one that's on a rail system attached to the deck and is remote. Like garage door but horizontal.

Friends of ours have one of those. It is real slick.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I have looked into them. The L-shape makes it a little difficult, but not impossible. I dont really know how much use I would get out of it though and it would be one more thing to manage and clutter the deck. I dont have a real leaf/debris problem. Heck, it was 82 on Sunday and the kids jumped into the pool (water temp was 70). And hopefully I will have it heated by the end of year.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have looked into them. The L-shape makes it a little difficult, but not impossible. I dont really know how much use I would get out of it though and it would be one more thing to manage and clutter the deck. I dont have a real leaf/debris problem. Heck, it was 82 on Sunday and the kids jumped into the pool (water temp was 70). And hopefully I will have it heated by the end of year.
Yeah, your yard is pretty sparse so not much in the way of "trash" to get in the pool. Also, not really winter months either.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have one 160ft section of fence I had installed over 7 years ago. The new fence leads right into this fence. I was planning on replacing a few of the boards, but looking at it more closely I can rip apart every board with my bare hands.... so I have decided to replace the whole damn thing. At least all the posts are 100% fine. AND, I can now install the wire fence on it correctly instead of some ghetto job I was going to have to rig up. Double AND.... I will have a big bonfire!

(I think that fence guy screwed me and didnt use pressure treated wood)

IMG_1840.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb