Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
You forgot to go off on a rant and call me a "pumptard".

We know how UF played last year, and I think we'll be able to recognize what substantial improvement is. Not sure why this concept seems to be so difficult.
Does any else here read "pumptard" and in their head hear "Pop tart?" I fully confess to loving them as a kid.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm going to pretend you meant which kind of Pop Tart and answer "Strawberry." (Also because I really don't know what a "pumptard" is.)
Pop tarts reached a new level when the frosted ones came out. Almost like having dessert for breakfast. I think Pumptards were only available during fall months and Thanksgiving.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Good God, 10 posts on Pop Tarts? Really?

:ox3:

Shyt
Run Away GIF

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I refrained on the pop tarts.
Sorry, but damn, when you have a sweet tooth ……

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Ok, Great!
An entire thread for Pop Tarts!
I like the frosted Brown Sugar for a quick grab and go breakfast and once in a while will indulge in the frosted fudge for a after dinner sweet.
( This is not really new thread worthy but I felt indulged since Ox created an entire thread)

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
I'm tempted to troll this thread with politics and tin foil hat BS just so it gets moved to the political forum. But I'm on thin ice as it is, so it probably "wouldn't be prudent... Not at this juncture..."

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
To me this is just like the Girl Scouts Cookie question. It is Thin Mints or nothing there. Regarding Pop Tarts, Brown Sugar or nothing~!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Let me put this thread to bed................In the late sixties they came out with Toastems. Poptarts about the same time. None of that fcknnn frosting bllshttt. Toastems had cherry, blueberry and brownsugar cinnamon. AWESOME stuff for breakfast if you doused them in melted butter. They actually put filling in them. Poptarts in that time were like the 3* version with Toastems as a 5*. Fast forward to 2000. Poptarts are ok. Hard to find them without frosting. But they put shttty amounts of filling in them. I do see toastems in Walmart but they Are NOTHING like the ones from the 60s. BTW toaster strudels are a shell of themselves too. They were pretty good years ago but now suck..........much like anything else they have fckkd with to save money
found this,
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Toast'em Pop Ups
Toast-em-pop-ups-logo.png
Product typeToaster pastry
OwnerSchulze and Burch Biscuit Company
CountryU.S.
Introduced1964; 59 years ago
MarketsNorth America
Previous ownersPost Holdings
Websitewww.schulzeburch.com

A blueberry filled Pop Up
Toast'em Pop Ups is a toaster pastry brand, currently produced by the Schulze and Burch Biscuit Company.[1] They have a sugary filling sealed inside two layers of thin, rectangular pastry crust, coated in frosting. They are sold in pairs in Mylar wrapping, do not need refrigeration, and are typically heated in a toaster oven or toaster before eating.
The product has no trans fat, and Schulze and Burch Biscuit Company claims that the products have "extra fruit filling."[2] The product's pastry and filling are said to have a "higher standard of production," and the company suggests that it has a 'state of the art' production facility.[2]

History[edit]​

In 1963, Post invented a way to keep moist foods from spoiling, by using foil or Mylar wrappers. They initially used this for wet dog food, sold under the name Gaines Burgers. In February 1964, Post announced they would soon release a new breakfast pastry using this method, which they named Country Squares. However, the announcement came well ahead of the company's ability to produce and distribute the product, during which time rival Kellogg's was able to release their new product, Pop Tarts.[3]
Country Squares sold very poorly compared to Pop Tarts, and Post changed the product's name to Toast'em Pop Ups in 1965. In 1971, Post sold the rights to the name and product to the Schultz and Burch Biscuit Company, which still produces Toast'em Pop Ups today.[4]

Products[edit]​

Toast'em Pop Ups are currently produced in eight flavors, available throughout most of the US and parts of Canada.
  • Brown Sugar Cinnamon
  • Blueberry
  • Cherry
  • Chocolate Fudge
  • S'mores
  • Strawberry

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads