Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Let me put this thread to bed................In the late sixties they came out with Toastems. Poptarts about the same time. None of that fcknnn frosting bllshttt. Toastems had cherry, blueberry and brownsugar cinnamon. AWESOME stuff for breakfast if you doused them in melted butter. They actually put filling in them. Poptarts in that time were like the 3* version with Toastems as a 5*. Fast forward to 2000. Poptarts are ok. Hard to find them without frosting. But they put shttty amounts of filling in them. I do see toastems in Walmart but they Are NOTHING like the ones from the 60s. BTW toaster strudels are a shell of themselves too. They were pretty good years ago but now suck..........much like anything else they have fckkd with to save money
Yeah, the pop tarts and toastems of old were superior compared to today.
The fillings were “different”. I’m actually not sure what is in a “blueberry” pop tart.

It’s the same thing with “Eggo’s”.

When they first came out they were actually thick and more like a real waffle.

Now, you can almost see through them.

Streudels were awesome when they first arrived too.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Let me put this thread to bed................In the late sixties they came out with Toastems. Poptarts about the same time. None of that fcknnn frosting bllshttt. Toastems had cherry, blueberry and brownsugar cinnamon. AWESOME stuff for breakfast if you doused them in melted butter. They actually put filling in them. Poptarts in that time were like the 3* version with Toastems as a 5*. Fast forward to 2000. Poptarts are ok. Hard to find them without frosting. But they put shttty amounts of filling in them. I do see toastems in Walmart but they Are NOTHING like the ones from the 60s. BTW toaster strudels are a shell of themselves too. They were pretty good years ago but now suck..........much like anything else they have fckkd with to save money

Man I had forgotten about those.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So...
1 in the pink
2 in the stink.....?
530D3A18-75D6-4B04-807B-9D8CB679FED6.gif

Actually, I’m glad to see @oxrageous weigh in, show a human side amidst his grouch of late. I’ll have to admit, though, that I would have assumed his favorite Pop Tart flavors would have been something like licorice or black tar heroin. Doesn’t strike me as having a sweet tooth.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
View attachment 54047

Actually, I’m glad to see @oxrageous weigh in, show a human side amidst his grouch of late. I’ll have to admit, though, that I would have assumed his favorite Pop Tart flavors would have been something like licorice or black tar heroin. Doesn’t strike me as having a sweet tooth.
My biggest vice in life is my sweet tooth. If I didn't have the skinny gene, I might weigh 500 pounds.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My biggest vice in life is my sweet tooth. If I didn't have the skinny gene, I might weigh 500 pounds.
I hear you. Chocolate is my vice and where Pop Tarts are concerned, the chocolate frosted are a guilty pleasure, though infrequent as to fight off full-blown addiction. Great with a glass of milk, either cut off the unfilled outer crust or eat it first and then enjoy the frosted crust migled with the soft, gooey filling. Nirvana born of my youth, alive to this day.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Like cereal, 50 flavors. When the first frosted one came out it was a big thing.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Toasted, with milk, is obviously preferred... but ya gotta did what ya gotta did in the Army when you didn't have a f'n toaster!

I heated up most of my food on the back of one of the tanks attached to my company. The heat from the engine and exhaust from an M-1 serves many purposes, including drying out wet clothes.

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
You know how awesome it is when you get that one Dorito that is super-coated in cheese dust? Or how disappointing it is when you get that one Cheeto that is so barren of cheese dust that it is light yellow instead of bright orange?

Why don't they make them and sell them the way we like?

They finally got around to making double-stuffed Oreos and that's been a winner.

Question:

Would you pay double for pop tarts with (legitimately) double or more filling?

How about Doritos or Cheetos with (legitimately) double or more cheese dust?

Any other products this would apply to???
Caramel Corn fully coated in caramel? Combos with double the cheese filling? Blue cheese dressing that has a reasonable amount of blue cheese in it? Double caramel Snickers?

Alex.

I double stuffed your mom and she did in fact, pay double.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I heated up most of my food on the back of one of the tanks attached to my company. The heat from the engine and exhaust from an M-1 serves many purposes, including drying out wet clothes.
Yep... in Germany, when I'd come home from the field, my wife would make me strip down on our front porch because everything smelled like diesel from "speed drying" off the back of an M-1.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yep... in Germany, when I'd come home from the field, my wife would make me strip down on our front porch because everything smelled like diesel from "speed drying" off the back of an M-1.
I always slept on the hood of the hummy since it was warm for a while.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I always slept on the hood of the hummy since it was warm for a while.
When I drove for Abrams, with the hmmwv, I'd set up one of those aluminum cots right next to the driver's door so I could rack out while still having all the radio mikes with me.

@Bushmaster will know this one... in the '80's on an M3 "basic" as a driver/gunner/BC, I either slept in the driver's hole or the turret floor in a fetal position. In Korea as a Plt Ldr, with the newer Bradley's there was a flat platform under the TOW launcher (when you erected it) that I would sleep on and I had a super long spaghetti cord for my CVC.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
When I drove for Abrams, with the hmmwv, I'd set up one of those aluminum cots right next to the driver's door so I could rack out while still having all the radio mikes with me.

@Bushmaster will know this one... in the '80's on an M3 "basic" as a driver/gunner/BC, I either slept in the driver's hole or the turret floor in a fetal position. In Korea as a Plt Ldr, with the newer Bradley's there was a flat platform under the TOW launcher (when you erected it) that I would sleep on and I had a super long spaghetti cord for my CVC.
Most Air Force Generals have drivers' licenses and can steer the car themselves. Just sayin'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.