Positioning for the Great Reset

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Man, it's your and your families future well being and to depend on a bunch of randos? Good grief.
It's simply a topic for discussion based on peoples expectation of the times were going to be going through together....nobody here is promising returns or results....

jereed16

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Fair enough.
I had a prof in my financial management masters program. He asked us to pick a stock, analyze it, and make a recommendation. Someone asked him, "Do you ever buy any of the stocks recommended?" His answer? "Not without doing my own analysis." And this guy had a PhD from U of I Champaign Urbana in finance. Get someone who knows what they're doing when you're positioning your money. Just sayin'.

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018
Man, it's your and your families future well being and to depend on a bunch of randos? Good grief.
Who the fck are you and why should I give two shts what you think? The only reason I'm here is because you made an ass of yourself a few hours ago and I wanted to see if you are as stupid as you appear. You've answered that so thanks.

DallasTXGator

Supporting Member
Dec 21, 2020
Any financial adviser that I could afford knows less than I do (at least regarding my specific situation). I have 2 finance degrees and 20 years in corporate finance. Not bragging. More pointing out that I don't have a clue most of the time and the last 10+ years have been unpredictable and unprecedented. I think my book knowledge has actually hurt me more than helped me.

They are just throwing darts too if they are anything like me.

Like minded people who read and post in a financial forum are not a bad source of knowledge. Certainly a good place to hear some other views and then formulate your own plan...

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What the fuch.... it's just a handful of us bouncing ideas and stories on several topics. Nobody here gives advice. It's just a conversation. If you dont like it or want to read any of it.... why barge in here and throw shade on your very first post in this entire section?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
What the fuch.... it's just a handful of us bouncing ideas and stories on several topics. Nobody here gives advice. It's just a conversation. If you dont like it or want to read any of it.... why barge in here and throw shade on your very first post in this entire section?
Cuz, well... Jereed.

DallasTXGator

Supporting Member
Dec 21, 2020
No surprise, the equity markets don't care much about Afghanistan. The question is whether this increases the likelihood of a true Black Swan event (China invading Taiwan, Russia going into the Ukraine, or even a large domestic terrorist attack). Or another possibility is that Biden is now so tainted and tarnished that the powers that be use this window as a chance to create more chaos or manipulate the markets (stop propping up the stock market, Fed intervention, etc.) to get a clean slate before installing Kameltoe. Clearly the Bidens care most about getting paid, regardless of their legacy. A perfect escape goat.....

Escape Goat.png

Last edited:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
No surprise, the equity markets don't care much about Afghanistan. The question is whether this increases the likelihood of a true Black Swan event (China invading Taiwan, Russia going into the Ukraine, or even a large domestic terrorist attack). Or another possibility is that Biden is now so tainted and tarnished that the powers that be use this window as a chance to create more chaos or manipulate the markets (stop propping up the stock market, Fed intervention, etc.) to get a clean slate before installing Kameltoe. Clearly the Bidens care most about getting paid, regardless of their legacy. A perfect escape goat.....

Which brings us right back to the precious metals thread...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
This may be the start....weird stuff. Nobody has really made any money since the senile dipsh!t and his merry cast of commies have taken over...now Afghan and Taiwan...private companies investing in mass gold....something is not right. 10yr goes down and NASDAQ loses....goes back up the next day Value/banking/energy still lose or don't move...something is not right folks....

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This may be the start....weird stuff. Nobody has really made any money since the senile dipsh!t and his merry cast of commies have taken over,,,now Afghan and Taiwan...private companies investing in mass gold....something is not right. 10yr goes down and NASDAQ loses....goes back up the next day Value/banking/energy still lose or don't move...something is not right folks....

I am not totally disagreeing, but it is not totally correct to say that no one has made any money. I am not that extravagant in my investments, but there is money to be made. The problem is, IMO, is that many are just using ETF's or just buying/shorting certain groups or indexes. And as I have said you can't time the markets, but you can time your entry and exit points. You have to look beyond what used to work. The NASDAQ does not need lower rates to rise anymore. That is over. Rates a 1.20 or 1.40 does not matter. There is only so much blood in a turnip. The indexes have more than doubled in 15 months but the indexes are controlled by less than 10 stocks give or take.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
The indexes have more than doubled in 15 months but the indexes are controlled by less than 10 stocks give or take.
Exactly...hell 80% of the S&P 500 is below the 50 day moving average....all this stuff over the last 8 month's is basically like sideways chop though no real sustained growth like when Trump was in(minus half of 2018)...all you had to do was throw money in an S&P 500 or large cap ETF and sit back and watch 16-18% returns....gold went up, silver went up, bonds went up(minus yields) everything was working except fixed income but that road has been closing for 15 years now....This sh!t suck balls and it's because there is no clear direction. We actually have deflationary money movement and double digit true consumer inflation...WTF..

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
That is interesting situation. I am not certain what I think of it yet. You pay good money and get a degree from a school…. Then it goes out of business and your degree is worthless.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
You pay good money and get a degree from a school…. Then it goes out of business and your degree is worthless.
Over $100k to go to ITT Tech....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Anyone stupid enough to do that even as a teenager should have to pay for it for the rest of their lives....They literally used to advertise on Jerry Springer...
Life is the sentence sir and stupidity is the crime....these monkeys will always be dumb as f vck and claiming they didn't know any better....

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
That is interesting situation. I am not certain what I think of it yet. You pay good money and get a degree from a school…. Then it goes out of business and your degree is worthless.

That's the thing. The article says they did not finish their degrees. Perhaps they were on the Blutarsky Plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.