Positioning for the Great Reset

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Spot price of gold is around $1,830 per troy oz. Some people will tell you gold is not performing because it is only up 1-2% year to date.......I call BS because EVERYOTHER asset class besides energy is down 20-40% and crypto like 60%.

If you do a time line comparison of gold over the last 40 years it has outperformed the S&P 500 and if you do it against the DXY it has also outperformed......When the DXY subsides with the next round of QE which will come before next year. Gold is ALWAYS the first asset to skyrocket when the Fed starts QE which began in the early 2000's.....check out this chart.
GOLDPRICE.ORG -

Money managers hate gold because there is no fees for them in it although you do pay your dealer a premium....You can also buy "paper" shares for as little as 1/100 of an ounce and I own some for trading purposes but only physical for wealth preservation. Some depositories will sell and store gold for you BUT if you can't touch it is it really yours?

Whatever you decide to do NEVER....EVER store your gold in a bank safe deposit box.....ever.

Thank you for the info! Yeah all of my rounds/coins/bars are stashed in the back of one of my drawers....I never trusted putting it in a vault/deposit box like you said

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Thank you for the info! Yeah all of my rounds/coins/bars are stashed in the back of one of my drawers....I never trusted putting it in a vault/deposit box like you said
Did you look at that chart! That's about when the Fed started using QE and it's up 500%....granted it makes big moves then retraces a little but if anyone tells you it's not a great hedge against inflation they are dead wrong.

BTW get something a little more secure for storing....maybe a pistol safe or small lockbox and don't tell anyone where you stash it.

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
Did you look at that chart! That's about when the Fed started using QE and it's up 500%....granted it makes big moves then retraces a little but if anyone tells you it's not a great hedge against inflation they are dead wrong.

BTW get something a little more secure for storing....maybe a pistol safe or small lockbox and don't tell anyone where you stash it.
Thanks my man! Do you think we go back to the US dollar that is backed by gold a la what Putin is doing with the ruble? or do you think the dollar goes away forever and we are left with just digital currency?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Do you think we go back to the US dollar that is backed by gold a la what Putin is doing with the ruble? or do you think the dollar goes away forever and we are left with just digital currency?
We can't go back to a gold backed dollar....were WAY too far in debt. In fact the reason the Fed CANNOT keep raising interest rates is because our debt to GDP is 130%(they would have to default on their debt)....When Paul Volker raised the rates to 18% in 1980 we were at 30% debt to GDP.....but that's what happens when governments overspend and send millions of jobs over seas. I'll find some links to some very educational monetary videos that explain the whole scenario that has been taking place here since Nixon took us off the gold standard....If you search on your own look for some material by Ray Dalio and Peter Schiff.....

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
We can't go back to a gold backed dollar....were WAY too far in debt. In fact the reason the Fed CANNOT keep raising interest rates is because our debt to GDP is 130%(they would have to default on their debt)....When Paul Volker raised the rates to 18% in 1980 we were at 30% debt to GDP.....but that's what happens when governments overspend and send millions of jobs over seas. I'll find some links to some very educational monetary videos that explain the whole scenario that has been taking place here since Nixon took us off the gold standard....If you search on your own look for some material by Ray Dalio and Peter Schiff.....
OK, so you do get it, maybe you just typed wrong in the Russia thread. As for good primers on precious metals, I started recommending this book on these boards.... ten years ago. Ignore the "investing" part in the title. It's just a great book to gain the understanding of the fundamental differences between "money" and "currency" and the entire history of "money" and of "currency" (and the debasement of currency) throughout civilization.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
OK, so you do get it, maybe you just typed wrong in the Russia thread.
If your US backed LT treasuries were being paid back in a currency that is yielding negative -5.5%(inflation minus current Fed interest rate) on an annual basis what it your net yield? Over 5 years? Or until maturity(20-30 years)? Are we really in debt to China when they're guaranteed to lose- 2.75% in real yield?
But that all goes back to what I'm talking about in the Russia thread....people aren't thinking in terms of "currency" instead of money.

I'm certain you've heard the stories about Roman soldiers clanking their coins together to see if they were getting "sound money"......kinda what the rest of the world outside of western central banks are doing with the US dollar(or treasuries for that matter)

Last edited:

LoyalGatorFan

Lifetime Member
Jul 10, 2019
I do feel the breakway from the central bank enslavement system is happening...the BRICS are forming an alliance...it will be interesting to see what happens here...my hope is once the Patriots win the House they can introduce a bill to audit the Fed...I think Rand Paul and Thomas Massie have already drafted it

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I do feel the breakway from the central bank enslavement system is happening...the BRICS are forming an alliance...it will be interesting to see what happens here...my hope is once the Patriots win the House they can introduce a bill to audit the Fed...I think Rand Paul and Thomas Massie have already drafted it
Auditing won't help....we either prolong through inflation or deflation.....neither is good but the latter would mean 80% of the population would lose everything. Here is a great video explaining where were at.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
If your US backed LT treasuries were being paid back in a currency that is yielding negative -5.5%(inflation minus current Fed interest rate) on an annual basis what it your net yield? Over 5 years? Or until maturity(20-30 years)? Are we really in debt to China when they're guaranteed to lose- 2.75% in real yield?
But that all goes back to what I'm talking about in the Russia thread....people aren't thinking in terms of "currency" instead of money.

I'm certain you've heard the stories about Roman soldiers clanking their coins together to see if they were getting "sound money"......kinda what the rest of the world outside of western central banks are doing with the US dollar(or treasuries for that matter)
Yup, money is real (like real estate), currency is not, and like electricity, must keep moving or everything dies. I could never get L-Boy to understand the importance of "velocity" with currency and why it was important that things like oil were traded in dollars.

As for sound money, the edges on our quarters and dimes are throwbacks to Roman times, when they did it because people would shave off a little of the edges of gold and silver coins. The book I posted really is a good primer on money/currency and its history.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Auditing won't help....we either prolong through inflation or deflation.....neither is good but the latter would mean 80% of the population would lose everything. Here is a great video explaining where were at.

Here's the "problem" with trying to determine "where we're at".... you can't determine it on a timeline/calendar, you can only be prepared for it. We declared bankruptcy in 1971. It's been all "full faith and credit" since then, and the central banks have been able to play this out wayyyyyy longer than anyone thought possible. It's like musical chairs.... the music plays, then stops... it doesn't stop slowly.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Here's the "problem" with trying to determine "where we're at".... you can't determine it on a timeline/calendar, you can only be prepared for it. We declared bankruptcy in 1971. It's been all "full faith and credit" since then, and the central banks have been able to play this out wayyyyyy longer than anyone thought possible. It's like musical chairs.... the music plays, then stops... it doesn't stop slowly.
Something doesn't feel right if you ask me. I have over 200 files on both sides of me right now from HELOC's that we've closed in the last 2-3 weeks!!! They are getting fatter and fatter(meaning more pay offs in each file). people are in serious debt that have already refied 3 times in the last 5-6 years.... and you don't hear a word about it from the MSM. IMO if the Fed doesn't reverse course by October/November we will be wishing for just a recession next year.....Home builders are starting to offer incentives to buyers and realtors over the last 2 months and there is some pretty serious talk in the market right now about them being afraid of having to liquidate new finishes that are starting to see cancellations due to buyers being "disqualified" by rising interest rates....we've seen this before without the rate hikes....oh and the deeeevorces are starting up again too, meaning people are fighting over money.

We're one slight uptick in unemployment and the Fed dangling higher rates too long from contagion spilling over into all 3 markets and fallout that will not be short lived...

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Fun gold fact for the day.

If your great grandfather had left you $1,000 buried in a bag when the federal gov. seized gold you wouldn't even be able to pay your rent....

If youR great grandfather left you $1,000 worth of gold buried at the time it was seized you would have over $91,000 in US currency.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Something doesn't feel right if you ask me. I have over 200 files on both sides of me right now from HELOC's that we've closed in the last 2-3 weeks!!! They are getting fatter and fatter(meaning more pay offs in each file). people are in serious debt that have already refied 3 times in the last 5-6 years.... and you don't hear a word about it from the MSM. IMO if the Fed doesn't reverse course by October/November we will be wishing for just a recession next year.....Home builders are starting to offer incentives to buyers and realtors over the last 2 months and there is some pretty serious talk in the market right now about them being afraid of having to liquidate new finishes that are starting to see cancellations due to buyers being "disqualified" by rising interest rates....we've seen this before without the rate hikes....oh and the deeeevorces are starting up again too, meaning people are fighting over money.

We're one slight uptick in unemployment and the Fed dangling higher rates too long from contagion spilling over into all 3 markets and fallout that will not be short lived...
OK, I'm with you on all of that, and serious question: how do you rate what you are seeing right now vs last time? I'm not disagreeing with you in any way, what you are saying is a true barometer, I just want to know your feel compared to last time we went through this.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I just want to know your feel compared to last time we went through this.
It's happening faster and the levels of debt are just as bad and getting worse. I think people got complacent with their spending(don't they always)car repos are starting to climb...the fact that this is happening at a time of QT will multiply the effect and quicken it's pace. Unless I'm mistaken there was no interest rate hikes when the sh!t hit the fan in 2007-2008.

No lower rates for corps. to refinance their debts will mean poor earnings along with overstocked inventories which equals layoffs....like I said once it gets there it will go over the edge at a rate that will leave peoples heads spinning and accounts empty with no where left to turn.....

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It's happening faster and the levels of debt are just as bad and getting worse. I think people got complacent with their spending(don't they always)car repos are starting to climb...the fact that this is happening at a time of QT will multiply the effect and quicken it's pace. Unless I'm mistaken there was no interest rate hikes when the sh!t hit the fan in 2007-2008.

No lower rates for corps. to refinance their debts will mean poor earnings along with overstocked inventories which equals layoffs....like I said once it gets there it will go over the edge at a rate that will leave peoples heads spinning and accounts empty with no where left to turn.....
Son #2 started his job with Starwood Property Trust (Starwood's REIT, $120B AUM)... they are offloading $1B in single family rentals

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Son #2 started his job with Starwood Property Trust (Starwood's REIT, $120B AUM)... they are offloading $1B in single family rentals
:exactly:
Define liquidity crisis, young Grasshopper......they're not the only ones. Independents are unloading too....Were actually busier than a one legged man in a ass kicking contest between investor dumps(sales and cash grabs/HELOC's)....I was seriously considering taking another job to get off the payroll for the next year or so(keeps the other employees on staff while I work and "contract" off payroll) but damn....and I haven't even launched my new marketing campaign yet....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Officially in a recession(I know I know, joke right) Now comes the question How long can the Fed raise rates in a negative GDP enviro......China is locking down bank accounts, crypto accounts are being locked down worldwide by brokerages..... I think the Feds tools are losing their edge....Are we entering the period of price instability? Europe is trapped by higher and higher energy cost.....If our POTUS doesn't change his energy policy we could see a "blow off top" in crude(over $200 a barrel) and some experts say it may hit higher than $300. If it does we will be entrenched in a period of escalated prices on goods, food, and energy that linger for years....

Could this be it?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Welp.....9.1%
Wonder if this will stop the DXY from hitting 110 or higher? Dipped in and bought up some more metal.....just in case while it was on sale.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I have been on the road for quite a while but I did see this. In all fairness I own STWD and have for quite a long while. Most know what my views have been about housing going forward but when I saw this it piqued my interest knowing that Barry Sternlicht is no idiot.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I have been on the road for quite a while but I did see this. In all fairness I own STWD and have for quite a long while. Most know what my views have been about housing going forward but when I saw this it piqued my interest knowing that Barry Sternlicht is no idiot.
We make "Barry" references all the time. :lol: Son #2 started there on the 5th. Yesterday, as part of their orientation, the REO guys briefed their piece of the business. Son #2 was very interested and asked a lot of questions (he's trying to learn as much during his 2 year rotational analyst (4 x 6 month rotations) as possible, he doesn't plan on being there long term. They invited him to a meeting today with some NNN brokers. He thinks he'd like to go with the REO group for his next rotation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.