Possible bowl game opponents for UF

Who would you most like to play in the bowl?

• UCF

Votes: 78 58.2%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Michigan

Votes: 14 10.4%
  • Washington State

Votes: 11 8.2%

• Total voters

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at the possible outcomes in the final week I think this is the pool of teams that we could possibly play in either the Peach Bowl or Fiesta Bowl.

OSU (only if they lost to Northwestern)
Oklahoma (only if they lost to Texas)
Michigan (only if OSU doesn't make the playoff)
Washington State
LSU (highly doubtful they would rematch us)

UCF, Boise State or Fresno State (If UCF loses to Memphis its the winner of Boise State and Fresno State)

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Really not in favor of us playing excellent passing teams, couldn't imagine a rematch with LSU either. Love to beat Michigan, but they always have our number. Really I want to throttle Ucf in the Peach Bowl. I really don't understand the scenario with us playing Ucf in the Fiesta, why put 2 Florida teams in Arizona?

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Really not in favor of us playing excellent passing teams, couldn't imagine a rematch with LSU either. Love to beat Michigan, but they always have our number. Really I want to throttle Ucf in the Peach Bowl. I really don't understand the scenario with us playing Ucf in the Fiesta, why put 2 Florida teams in Arizona?

My choice would probably be either OSU or Oklahoma for entertainment value.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Not sure about bowl/conference affiliations, but I’d like to play Penn St.

I think we match up well with them, and any chance to beat the snot out of the Fightin’ Sanduskys is always welcome.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Looking at the possible outcomes in the final week I think this is the pool of teams that we could possibly play in either the Peach Bowl or Fiesta Bowl.

OSU (only if they lost to Northwestern)
Oklahoma (only if they lost to Texas)
Michigan (only if OSU doesn't make the playoff)
Washington State

I do not think we match up very well with any of these teams.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
The Peach doesn't have a conference tie-in. Sports Illustrated's latest projections have us playing Michigan in the Peach & UCF playing Washington St. in the Fiesta. If Ohio State makes the Final 4, Michigan would go to the Rose Bowl vs. Washington because the Rose Bowl always matches Pac-12 & Big 10 unless they are a Final 4 host. SB Nation came out yesterday and predicted that Ohio State would be the #4 seed, Michigan will go to the Rose Bowl, Oklahoma vs. Georgia in the Sugar Bowl and UF would play UCF in the Peach Bowl and LSU would play Washington St. in the Fiesta. However, Memphis is liable to beat UCF without Milton and if that happens, Penn St., West Virginia or Texas could be our Peach Bowl opponent.

BluH2OGtr

May 28, 2016
I really hope UF doesn't play UCF now since Milton is gone. I personally want their best on the field when UF throttles them, that way none of them wannabe National Champs or their new bandwagon fans (formally FSU fans) can talk sh!t about why they lost.

Renard904

Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Come on guys, this one is easy!

I don't give a rat's ass about bowl games, generally.
But this year is special. I want to play Michigan and Butters. That would be epic. I want Mullen to show him what a good coach can do with the same players he only won 4 games with. I also hope none of the players shake his hand afterward.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I really hope UF doesn't play UCF now since Milton is gone. I personally want their best on the field when UF throttles them, that way none of them wannabe National Champs or their new bandwagon fans (formally FSU fans) can talk sh!t about why they lost.

Nobody apologized for beating one of our backup QB's over the past 8 years or so. I won't apologize if we beat someone ass who's using their backup QB either.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure about bowl/conference affiliations, but I’d like to play Penn St.

I think we match up well with them, and any chance to beat the snot out of the Fightin’ Sanduskys is always welcome.

With the Utah/Washington winner getting an auto bid to the Rose Bowl I think they will be one of the teams left out.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody apologized for beating one of our backup QB's over the past 8 years or so. I won't apologize if we beat someone ass who's using their backup QB either.

Beating UCF wasn't a big deal to begin with...Milton was their centerpiece. He was their team. No apologies for sure but that's like someone forcing you to beat up a handicapped kid. Not sure you brag about it.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We need the off-season momentum badly. Destroy UCF in Atlanta in a packed stadium would be cool. They stand no chance without Milton.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Me thinks NOLA takes posts too seriously :lol:

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018

I have no problems beating them with or without Milton. I'd prefer we win rather than lose, so if we play them, I'm happy Milton is out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb