Possible First Game in BHG Questions

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
There is a nice motel up in Lawtey. All rooms just 35 bucks. They even have color TV.

economy inn.JPG

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
not sure why he wouldn't stay at Coach's B&B out in Brooker. Dougie & I could make the trip and show him what country live'n is really like. I know some great ponds we could fish near mom's, and we could all go fire off some rounds of ammo on Dougie's families property right down the road. Might even kill a feral hog or 2.

good times :thug2:

Last edited:

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Waldo abolished the Police Dept. While there is a very small Alachua Co Sheriff's Office presence in Waldo, it is definitely no longer the speed trap it used to be. Actually, the last few times I've driven through there, drivers were consistently exceeding the speed limit.

The biggest issue lately in the trip from Jax to Gainesville is the plethora of construction sites on the US301 route.

I despise the 301/I-10 interchange in Baldwin when heading north trying to get on I-10 east to the I-295 belt....I've done 301 up to A1A in Callahan and over to I-95, and you lose time...but, back in May, the wife and I cut over on Normandy Blvd (228) just south of Baldwin, then hit Cecil Commerce Center Parkway (23) and took it up to I-10 at exit 350...I know we saved at least a good 20 minutes or so.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
It's a good season to go to a game. Two that I am targeting for sure. LSU & aTm. I normally fly to Jax and drive down. Lucky for me my Mom and Sister still live in G'ville. Hotels are outrageous. If you're looking for a good short vacay, find something at the beach (Crescent/St. Aug.) and drive over for the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb