Wisconsin QB Graham Mertz commits to Gators

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Dude may be a program builder but he is NOT an O coord in this league. Needs to make the immediate to hire someone to run the offense and that man should be Robert Anae hands down.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There were so many times in the first half that AR could have / should have kept the ball. I don't blame that on BN.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
just a few weeks ago we recieved a long post from law about how its simply lack of talent and that the play calling and scheme are irrelevant when the lack of talent is as bad as it currently is. now law says its solely on sht playcalling from a dumber than rocks HC/OC?

which is it? personally i think its been obvious from the start, and its not a lack of talent.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
just a few weeks ago we recieved a long post from law about how its simply lack of talent and that the play calling and scheme are irrelevant when the lack of talent is as bad as it currently is. now law says its solely on sht playcalling from a dumber than rocks HC/OC?

which is it? personally i think its been obvious from the start, and its not a lack of talent.

Law is like many of us and that he is a fan that gets swept up in moments and thinks irrationally. I was as mad as anyone here on Saturday, and still am not happy about it the loss. But time and again, both with this staff as well as under Mullen, he was adamant that wins and losses in year one aren’t nearly as important as how we recruit. He’s changing his stance now and going full-blown anti-Napier because it’s a lot easier to say that in June then to live that in November. He knows we have a talent issue. Everyone does. Still enough to beat VU, but not enough to sleepwalk through a game against virtually anyone, which happens at times and bit us on Saturday.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Losing to Vandy is different. That in no way should ever happen. And dumber than a mud tire isn't a good analogy. A mud tire can actually keep you from getting stuck in a rut.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Losing to Vandy is different. That in no way should ever happen. And dumber than a mud tire isn't a good analogy. A mud tire can actually keep you from getting stuck in a rut.

Not defending the loss. But we were a hair away from losing to VU in Meyer’s first year and needed an untimely penalty on them and double OT to pull it out. One score games in two of our NC years as well. And no way that 2016 uga team should’ve lost to them considering what they were a year later. I’m still upset about it. But I do acknowledge that year 1 trying to change a culture isn’t always going to go smoothly. I said preseason that 7-5 would mean we likely have the wrong coach, and I stand behind that. I don’t have the same confidence as a week ago. But I do recognize that what takes place in year 1 doesn’t automatically equate to what we’ll see moving forward.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Not defending the loss. But we were a hair away from losing to VU in Meyer’s first year and needed an untimely penalty on them and double OT to pull it out. One score games in two of our NC years as well. And no way that 2016 uga team should’ve lost to them considering what they were a year later. I’m still upset about it. But I do acknowledge that year 1 trying to change a culture isn’t always going to go smoothly. I said preseason that 7-5 would mean we likely have the wrong coach, and I stand behind that. I don’t have the same confidence as a week ago. But I do recognize that what takes place in year 1 doesn’t automatically equate to what we’ll see moving forward.
What I see from gameday prep and in game decisions coming from the side line is concerning and that part has nothing to do with talent or culture. I hope that Billy can repeat what Urban was able to do after that first year of ALMOST losing to Vandy.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

Technically we received that post from Ox.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I just saw a rumor on Reddit that Arkansas is trying to get Richardson to transfer there. Anyone else see this or have anything on it?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If you keep quoting yourself, we’re gonna transfer you to Swamp Gas
J Jonah Jameson Laughing GIF

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Is drake maye hitting the portal? That'd be a big pick up

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Idk I just made that one up but I hope so

Isn’t he playing for the ACC in like a week and doing really well? That’s why I made the Mahomes comment Sunday. If we’re just taking who we want, Napier is probably at LAX picking up Caleb Williams, obviously with no resistance. After all, I mean…come on. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.